Deployment 2019-20 booking season begins

My plan as of now is to do the Rhapsody in November and keep the Vision as the backup....but it would be much warmer in September and Vision has a great 12 night Med/Greek island cruise just before the TA to make it a fantastic B2B.

Royal hasn't posted Rhapsody's itinerary before it's TA yet.

Great options for Fall 2019

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

I thought I read on here that repo from Venice to Barcelona is 2 or 3 weeks earlier. Might do 7 nighters , hopefully with new ports

Hi all. I have been checking and waiting for 2019 redeployments for a while now. Only just discovered this thread and have spent the last hour or so reading it all.

We are keeping our fingers crossed that the Oasis April 2019 Eastbound TA will arrive before (but close enough to) the departure of Spectrum to China from Europe to allow us to travel to the USA, take some land travel time there, do the crossing, spend a week or two in Europe and then sail to China.

Seems as though the Oasis date is locked in but I cant find it available for booking. Ni big deal for us as we would be waiting on Spectrum deployment news anyway.

Great thread by the way.

Are you one of those peeping toms -- going up to the rail and leaning over to look to see what the other folks are doing on their balcony? We had one of those on a TA and felt like we couldn't even get dressed without closing the curtains.

I most certainly am not. I am shocked you even asked. [emoji33][emoji33][emoji33][emoji33][emoji33] Ever been on the hump? Enough said.....

Cindy

Edited by sg1phileshipper

Now that’s interesting:

Both Voyager and Explorer of the Seas are listed at Gibraltar several times in 2019, and Independence as well!

Either the list is not totally updated yet and still has some mistakes, or RCI brings both Voyager and Explorer to Europe in 2019.

Maybe three ships are sailing from Southampton than, or one is based in Med for the whole 2019 summer season.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

While the fact that Spectrum is stated to be even more specifically designed for the Chinese Market is a factor, both Quantum and Ovations's maiden Chinese home port sailings were in June of 2015 and 2016 and I would expect Spectrum to arrive in China in June of 2019.

As Anthem would most likely go to Europe in 2020 for the 5 year dry dock, it would have seemed possible that Quantum would have come to Europe. It looks less likely now, but that unnamed ship at Amsterdam is interesting.

With Ovation going to Alaska, I would guess they will send Spectrum to Tianjin and currently leave Quantum in Shanghai. Whether Quantum does a world voyage or not for dry dock is yet to be seen.

While the fact that Spectrum is stated to be even more specifically designed for the Chinese Market is a factor, both Quantum and Ovations's maiden Chinese home port sailings were in June of 2015 and 2016 and I would expect Spectrum to arrive in China in June of 2019.

As Anthem would most likely go to Europe in 2020 for the 5 year dry dock, it would have seemed possible that Quantum would have come to Europe. It looks less likely now, but that unnamed ship at Amsterdam is interesting.

With Ovation going to Alaska, I would guess they will send Spectrum to Tianjin and currently leave Quantum in Shanghai. Whether Quantum does a world voyage or not for dry dock is yet to be seen.

I've read on a chinese site about the Spectrum's voyage to China which is around June too if i didn't recall wrongly as they were already advertising it in some form of competition or lucky draw and the top price is the cruise.

Not everyone books non refundable:)

We don't have a refundable deposit here in Europe as part of our T's & C's. But it is the £75 ($100) admin fee for any changes that annoys me and if I change to another sailing I don't get the web site price as it isn't classed as a new booking!! :mad:

Riviera ports have removed Voyager sailings and added only 2 Explorer calls currently.

I am eagerly awaiting either Voyager or Explorer to be announced as I want to sail the Suez Canal! My thinking is that if I have to sail on Spectrum I will be paying a new ship premium!! ;p

We don't have a refundable deposit here in Europe as part of our T's & C's. But it is the £75 ($100) admin fee for any changes that annoys me and if I change to another sailing I don't get the web site price as it isn't classed as a new booking!! :mad:

I am eagerly awaiting either Voyager or Explorer to be announced as I want to sail the Suez Canal! My thinking is that if I have to sail on Spectrum I will be paying a new ship premium!! ;p

The Mariner not quite global odyssey includes the Suez canal.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

Try Celebrity Constellation as a good anternative.

Sent from my G8141 using Forums mobile app

I seem to remember Ovation having reasonable rates (if you consider $100pp/day balcony reasonable) when she sailed to Asia.

I will keep an eye out on those prices, thanks :)

The Mariner not quite global odyssey includes the Suez canal.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

Unfortunately I had my 2017-18 cruises booked when they surprised us with the Mariner Repo. But I have my travel agent on standby for which ever of the Voyager ships come our way !! :)

Try Celebrity Constellation as a good anternative.

Sent from my G8141 using Forums mobile app

Thanks Alex, I will keep it in mind. My TA was trying to get me to consider MSC as an alternative but since I have limited (or no!) Italian, that might be a problem!! Lol

Thanks Alex, I will keep it in mind. My TA was trying to get me to consider MSC as an alternative but since I have limited (or no!) Italian, that might be a problem!! Lol

No need Italian to cruise with msc

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I seem to remember Ovation having reasonable rates (if you consider $100pp/day balcony reasonable) when she sailed to Asia.

We were on the 3rd sailing on Ovation (Singapore to Tianjin). 4-6 weeks after bookings opened, there was a sizable price drop and we were able to upgrade from a JS to a GS for $200 less than the original amount.

The Voyager of the Seas season at Hong Kong has been extended from July to September of 2019 with 16 turn around sailings booked from Hong Kong Kai Tak Cruise Terminal.

Voyager would appear to transit to Singapore following this Hong Kong season.