Breakfast attire

Tntt

We will be sailing symphony and I've read that RCI recommends a certain way to dress in MDR. Does this dress code only applies to dinner? Can you dress comfortable such as in jogging pants or shorts for breakfast?

We will be sailing symphony and I've read that RCI recommends a certain way to dress in MDR. Does this dress code only applies to dinner? Can you dress comfortable such as in jogging pants or shorts for breakfast?

No dress code for breakfast and lunch, other than if you are wearing a bathing suit, they would like you to wear a cover up.

There was a time, not too long ago, that I wasn't permitted to wear a sleeveless shirt (not a tank top) in the MDR for breakfast. Not sure if that rule was changed along with the new rules. Had to go put on a t-shirt. Of course, the ladies were wearing all sorts of things more revealing, but no sleeveless for men.

There was a time, not too long ago, that I wasn't permitted to wear a sleeveless shirt (not a tank top) in the MDR for breakfast. Not sure if that rule was changed along with the new rules. Had to go put on a t-shirt. Of course, the ladies were wearing all sorts of things more revealing, but no sleeveless for men.

Do you shave your armpits or just let it all hang out? Could be the difference between what is allowed for men vs. women.

This also happened to me on January cruise

Do you shave your armpits or just let it all hang out? Could be the difference between what is allowed for men vs. women.

I have been shaving my armpits & arms for years.

Never thought about going sleeveless.

I guess my time has come....

Yes, perfectly fine in the MDR for breakfast & lunch!

Enjoy your cruise! :D

Not serious I would hope. Would you go to breakfast in PJs in a hotel? Have never seen anyone in bathing suit or PJs at any meal on RCI.

I use to consult at a high end Ski Resort. $1000+ per night in the 90's. 80% of the people staying with there came to breakfast in their Pajama's and robes. I have also seen it at other high end resorts. In the early days of Embassy Suites, the majority of weekend guests would come down in their pajamas or sweats. At some hotels it is almost a tradition, and you actually see it more at high end luxury than anywhere else.

I have many times gone to the buffet or Cafe Promenade in pajamas to get coffee, and have gone down to the restaurants in hotels to get coffee if there is no coffee maker in the room.