Solarium Bistro? (Oasis)

I'm pretty sure that when I was on Oasis in Dec the Bistro had a charge for dinner. I was just poking around on my cruise planner for my upcoming Oasis cruise and saw that it's currently $0 for every night. Is this a change (ie it's free to go on board too), or a fluke/sale, or reservations are free but charged when you go?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Solarium Bistro has been no charge for dinner for a while now. A lot of the dishes have a Mediterranean flair. Appetizers and desert are buffet. Entrée is served. Children are allowed for meals. We had dinner there twice on our February Oasis cruise. I would highly recommend it.

Solarium bistro also serves a breakfast buffet (sort of a mini WJ) which is a lot less crowded than the WJ. They also have an embarkation day lunch buffet which is a lot less hassle than the WJ. Would recommend these also,

There is no charge except for an upcharge for a couple of entrees, (dinner) lamb chops is one and I don't recall the other one that is extra. Someone will come along with that info I'm sure

Lobster.:halo:

That has not been our experience.

Here's a screenshot of the Cruise Planner for an upcoming ('19) cruise on Ovation. Solarium Bistro is $29. To charge on one ship but not another is puzzling, unless it is a marketing test of some sort.

1363853988_CruisePlannerOvation.JPG.756a755bca43aec5ff70780d89916bf6.JPG

Oasis in October charged for dinner as I recall it wasn't much, just enough to keep it from getting crowded. I never went. I did do lunch a couple of times and it was good. They were closed for lunch a couple of days I think port days, but can't swear to it.

Oasis in October charged for dinner as I recall it wasn't much, just enough to keep it from getting crowded. I never went. I did do lunch a couple of times and it was good. They were closed for lunch a couple of days I think port days, but can't swear to it.

We were on the Oasis in January and March and there was no charge for dinner in the evenings...

Here's a screenshot of the Cruise Planner for an upcoming ('19) cruise on Ovation. Solarium Bistro is $29. To charge on one ship but not another is puzzling, unless it is a marketing test of some sort.

That's odd, because there's no charge on the Anthem.

I am guessing that this is another thing for the Asian market. Where is your cruise?

The WJ on Oasis is way too small for the size of the ship, IMHO. And is why it is always nuts in there.

Much prefer the Solarium on Oasis to the WJ. Quieter, healthier selections, and easier to find a seat. :) It is many times our go to place for embarkation lunch also.

• 4 weeks later...

Looking at the cruise planner this morning I found there no longer is a charge for dinner at Solarium Bistro.

I imagine it is the same for other Ovation cruises.

Looking at the cruise planner this morning I found there no longer is a charge for dinner at Solarium Bistro.

I imagine it is the same for other Ovation cruises.

Just took Royal some time to adjust the website with the change from her Asian sailings to her North American ones.