Celebrity Edge-Price Hike

Fighterone

That's what happens when prices are capacity controlled. Prices will fall if and when people who booked decide to cancel and cabins become more available. Final payment is a long, long way off and there is usually price movement when final payment is due.

We upgraded our S3 to an S2 yesterday and overnight the S2 went up $ 300 PP. That was the second price increase in 2 days and I'm sure there will be more increases to come. Glad we booked early.

We upgraded our S3 to an S2 yesterday and overnight the S2 went up $ 300 PP. That was the second price increase in 2 days and I'm sure there will be more increases to come. Glad we booked early.

We booked a cabin last November; the price is now $2,400 more than we paid...it is about timing and how much you are willing to pay...supply and demand and logarithms...this cruise in Europe was just released...did the same with the Edge...

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Availability is running low, so prices are going up. I imagine a lot of people will cancel before final payment is due. As much as I'd like to book something on the Edge, I have no idea when my break is in 2019--teacher--(I don't even know 2018 for that matter). I will wait it out and if there's something available and within my budget, I will book then.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Of course this is ideal for Celebrity...they don't really care if lots of the early bookings cancel as long as those booking later see a filling ship at higher prices. BTW, this is no different than all of the cruises that folks booked this year (including us) for no or minimal deposit with no penalty for cancelling. We even have cruises booked that overlap unless we can be in south america and Australia at the same time. Celebrity doesn't care if there's a lot of fallout because the later bookings are at higher prices and they can tell stockholders "bookings are at record levels".

As far as the Edge announcement, we've done both cruises multiple times....no way I'm going to pay even more to see the same things. We're looking at cruise lines that go to more interesting places...booking less and less celebrity (I really should not say booking because we are booking celebrity, we're just unlikely to do very many of our booked cruises)..

It's marketing.....

We put a Royal Suite on Hold on the 13th. Noticed that after we did that prices increased $2,000. Cancelled the hold because, although we want to sail on Edge, the timing just did not work out. RS are now sold out so don't know how the pricing went after we cancelled.

Meanwhile the similar itineraries on Equinox haven't gone up at all, and I suspect there will be cancellations there as people switch to Edge -- could be some real bargains on Equinox.

I'd bet money on it.

Another day another jump. The price of an S2 on my booked Edge sailing is now exactly what I paid for an S2 for a 14 night sailing on the Eclipse in january!

Nice looking ship but not worth twice the $ per day rate, surely?

I'm amazed that this many people would actually pay those prices for 7 days in the Caribbean. No thanks.

Not everyone sails for the ports. We sail to enjoy the on-board experience. Couldn't care less about most of the ports.

Agreed. We got caught up in day 1 frenzy but have since cancelled.

I definitely hear what you are saying, as I thought I would rebook when a TA came available. The Caribbean is old school for me at this time in my life and I personally enjoy longer cruises; however, my DH wants me to keep it because it falls over our anniversary. Who knows what we will end up doing in a year or so..., but the new build is quite impressive. So, i am on the fence with this one for now.

I definitely hear what you are saying, as I thought I would rebook when a TA came available. The Caribbean is old school for me at this time in my life and I personally enjoy longer cruises; however, my DH wants me to keep it because it falls over our anniversary. Who knows what we will end up doing in a year or so..., but the new build is quite impressive. So, i am on the fence with this one for now.

Yes, I really like her, but a week in the Caribbean when we add in airfare and a pre cruise hotel will come to a minimum $6,000 cdn. That's a big chunk out of the vacation budget I'd definitely rather spend that on other destinations.

Yes, I really like her, but a week in the Caribbean when we add in airfare and a pre cruise hotel will come to a minimum $6,000 cdn. That's a big chunk out of the vacation budget I'd definitely rather spend that on other destinations.

I understand. For what we paid for an S1 I could book a seven night balcony suite cruise on Seabourn Odyssey next month. A true six star ship. The itinerary is Barbados, Grenadines, Dominica, Guadaloupe, St Barts, St Kitts, Jost Van Dyke, St Maarten.

To me that's somewhat more appealing than the current Edge itineraries. From the UK air costs differences are not much more and there's the opportunity to spend a week pre and post cruise between Barbados and St Maarten to make the travel worth while.

Maybe I'll also be cancelling.

Edited by Mynki

There's a big name online travel agency who must have a group rate on some Edge sailings in January 2019. They are offering an E4 balcony, with all three perks, for over $200 less than Celebrity wants for just two perks. I called and verified it but didn't book, too far out and still to pricey for the product offered.

There's a big name online travel agency who must have a group rate on some Edge sailings in January 2019. They are offering an E4 balcony, with all three perks, for over $200 less than Celebrity wants for just two perks. I called and verified it but didn't book, too far out and still to pricey for the product offered.

Be careful if E4s. They're in crappy locations right beside the carpet.

We have an S3 on one of the floors traveled by the Magic Carpet and I am concerned that it might get stuck, block our view, or that the height might be such that it will block our view when stopped. Another concern, while ascending and descending, is the view of the S3 staterooms blocked by those using that Magic Carpet. I've posted the question, no answers so far.

So who knows, it might not just be a crappy location for the E4s but also for the S3s.

The man who made the video of the Edge Reveal, Nate Berkus, owns a travel agency and might be the one who made these offeres because he sure promoted his agency and mentioned that he could do better than Celebrity.

We have a great T.A. too. Love their perks. No interest in looking elsewhere. Our cat. S3 is no longer available and the cat. S2 already went up $500 per person. I'm no expert but I don't think the prices will go down, too much novelty on this ship.

With the Captain's Club free one class upgrade, if you pay for E4 you should be able to get an E3, no?

Can someone explain what the difference between the 1* (1B/1A) and E* (E4/E3/etc) verandah category classes are? Unless I was reading wrong on the website, the cabin size seems to be the same.