LAFFNVEGAS LIVE from Zuiderdam first week to Alaska

LAFFNVEGAS

Greetings from McCarren Airport in Las Vegas as we wait to board our flight to San Diego. It is a beautful morning here so hoping it is the same there. Sadly I miss having the San Diego web camto be able to see that our shiphas come in. It would have been great to see both the Westerdam the ship we were just on a few short weeks ago and the Zuiderdam in port.

This cruise is bringing us back to where our history with Holland America started. In April 2003 we took our 2nd cruise and our first with Holland America. Unlike many of HAL ships that we have returned to several times this is our first return to her since that time. So we are very much looking forward to seeing her again.

We are doing a back to back with starting with the 4 Day repositioning that in the next 4 days takes us to Port Angeles Washington on Friday and to Vancouver on Saturday. We will then stay on board for the Zuiderdam's first week to Alaska. This makes our 9th cruise to Alaska but only our second Alaska cruise sailing out of Vancouver.

The first 4 days we took a guarantee like 99% of those boarding today did, we chose a Superior Verandah Suite SY because that is what we chose for the Alaska portion but about 4 weeks ago I saw the opportunity to move up to a SC guarantee for the 7 day Alaska so we did but at that point the Deluxe Verandah's were gone for the 4 day. So I will be able to review both types of categories and make the move on Saturday.

I probably will not answer a lot of questions till we get home but depending on internet minutes will try to answer some.

It is almost time to board so will sign off

Next post from the Beautiful and Elegant MS Zuiderdam :)

The poor Zuiderdam is getting a terrible trashing right now on CC. Obviously your first hand reports will be welcome. She was the elegant lady who took us to Alaska too in an SY - your trip and cabin choices sound wonderful. Happy travels.

Here's hopping we all have a good cruise, see you in SD Lisa and Tom. Almost ready to go down. We did postpone our trip by an hour because it will be a mess with the three ships in.

No worries it is beautiful here this morning, so SD will be

spectacular.

Reporting in the San Diego airport. The Westerdam has fully disembarked but as of a couple of minutes ago they had not started the Zuiderdam reason in non US not reporting ...... ok update they did just now start debark per HAL rep that I know here at the airport. Think we will head to the food court for a bit before heading to the pier.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2

Yes, please. Clip board in hand, white lab coat on and stop watch in hand we want a full report of all public restrooms (each stall please) - both men and women's on all floors at all times. :p Facts, we need facts!

Yes, please. Clip board in hand, white lab coat on and stop watch in hand we want a full report of all public restrooms (each stall please) - both men and women's on all floors at all times. :p Facts, we need facts!

LOL!! Have a great time Lisa & Tom!

Marge

Archived