Buyer Beware

I thoroughly enjoyed our cruise this August on the EOS. When we were on our cruise i bought several glass bead bracelets-pandora knock-offs thinking the 20.00 I paid was a bargain. I now see on Overstock.com the same bracelet for 15.69. The same beads are present on the bracelet also. So while I do enjoy this bracelet as well as my other family memebers enjoy theirs, I am going to be very cautious now of what I buy on a ship.....

Barbara

On our 25th anniversary cruise on Explorer, hubby bought me one of those cheap and cheerful rings... you know the ones they have displayed in the ring boxes under the lights... fake gemstones... very overpriced, I'm sure... it was a memory he was giving me, and I've received several compliments on it. Lovely ring. Even lovelier husband. :)

Sorry you felt otherwise about your bracelet.

I thoroughly enjoyed our cruise this August on the EOS. When we were on our cruise i bought several glass bead bracelets-pandora knock-offs thinking the 20.00 I paid was a bargain. I now see on Overstock.com the same bracelet for 15.69. The same beads are present on the bracelet also. So while I do enjoy this bracelet as well as my other family memebers enjoy theirs, I am going to be very cautious now of what I buy on a ship.....

Barbara

A $4.31 markup on a cruise ship.:eek: I sure hope the OP was joking.

Plus a dollar for shipping. $3.31 difference. :rolleyes:

Barbara

So, you could have gotten it $4.31 cheaper and I think OS has a $1 shipping fee, so you really would have gotten it $3.31 cheaper and your issuing a "buyer beware" ?:confused:

I agree with the other comments about the memory with it. You can always say, "oh this bracelet? I got this on a cruise I took in ______ to _______ with RCI. We had the best time!"

Barbara

Yes, but you didn't have to pay tax or shipping.

Many of the bargains on board can be bought for less back home or sometimes at port, off the "main drag". It is the memory that counts. I bought a beautiful opal pendent on a trip 10 years ago because it reminded me of the water that surrounded the port we were in. Everytime I wear it, I think of the cruise. My husband bought me a ring a for Valentines Day a year and a half ago on board the ship to suprise me. It was a little overpriced and needed sizing (no, I did not "mail it in" to be sized, I took it to my jeweler - they probably have number of these rings in various sizes, so I would not have gotten "my" ring back), but it is a reminder of the trip and him thinking about me.

Barbara

I don't think "buyer beware" is warrented in this case. I bought a Pandora knockoff at the local mall for $10. They're all over the place. Just be aware that things are going to be more expensive on a ship. Just wear the bracelet and enjoy it.

Just wait until she realizes the markup on a bottle of beer!:D Or better yet... a shore excursion. :eek:

Speaking of beer..our Asst Waiter on EOS 9/15 cruise told us that employees pay 86 cents for Miller Lite. I don't drink beer but I think it runs $5-$6 for a passenger.

A little advice to the OP ......don't ever order a bottle of wine on board . Once you get home and walk into a liqour store and see there prices , they'll have to sedate you if you thought 4 bucks and change was ursury. :)

I paid about $8 for Secret deoderant .. not much I could do about it since I forgot mine.

I think all the stuff in the stores could probably be said to be slightly over priced.

I think you should have boycotted and not worn deodorant!!! :eek:

Barbara

You are stressing out about $4.21. This must indicate other problems. BTW - was overstock going to charge you shipping?

DON

Archived