rccl in calif please

No, no one knows, but it's not going to happen any time in the near future.

Unfortunately, MM, you are correct in your statement! Unfortunately for many of us that live close to, or on the West Coast.

Several things need to happen to get the cruise lines to re engage a normal schedule on the West Coast.

First, because most of the cruise lines were doing the Mexican Riviera, and the fact that drug running is rampant in Mexico, and the Mexican Government is not, or cannot control many of the cities where cruise ships used to call, which means that tourists have been gunned down, the number of still clean ports to call on is very limited.

Second, the State of California, in all of their wisdom, tripled port fees, and require the ships to burn a cleaner fuel while in the coastal waters, increasing the costs to the point that there was very little return for the cruise lines dollars being spent. And, what really makes no sense, is the the Port of San Diego was just finishing a new terminal, and the Port of Los Angeles at San Pedro had a new facility and pier under construction, that may now be completed.

Princess will do the Mexican Riviera for about 4 months per year, just to try to satisfy their clientèle. Also Disney is running ouy of Los Angeles to Cabo and Puerto Vallarta, the only two "safe" ports, as of now.

Many of us wish that Royal Caribbean would at least run a few months of cruising out of the West Coast, going south. As it appears the only cruises out of the West Coast are to Alaska.

We keep paying for change, on the West Coast!!:D

Rick

Unfortunately, MM, you are correct in your statement! Unfortunately for many of us that live close to, or on the West Coast.

Several things need to happen to get the cruise lines to re engage a normal schedule on the West Coast.

First, because most of the cruise lines were doing the Mexican Riviera, and the fact that drug running is rampant in Mexico, and the Mexican Government is not, or cannot control many of the cities where cruise ships used to call, which means that tourists have been gunned down, the number of still clean ports to call on is very limited.

Second, the State of California, in all of their wisdom, tripled port fees, and require the ships to burn a cleaner fuel while in the coastal waters, increasing the costs to the point that there was very little return for the cruise lines dollars being spent. And, what really makes no sense, is the the Port of San Diego was just finishing a new terminal, and the Port of Los Angeles at San Pedro had a new facility and pier under construction, that may now be completed.

Princess will do the Mexican Riviera for about 4 months per year, just to try to satisfy their clientèle. Also Disney is running ouy of Los Angeles to Cabo and Puerto Vallarta, the only two "safe" ports, as of now.

Many of us wish that Royal Caribbean would at least run a few months of cruising out of the West Coast, going south. As it appears the only cruises out of the West Coast are to Alaska.

We keep paying for change, on the West Coast!!:D

Rick

Princess is no longer doing Puerto Vallarta - basically it is NOT safe.

(June 2011 - 4:15 p.m. EDT) -- Citing safety and security concerns in Mexico, Princess Cruises has dropped calls in Mazatlan and Puerto Vallarta for the remainder 2011.

We live in CA and would love to have a Royal ship back on the west coast. I don't think that will happen any time soon. I think Disney is pulling out of the MR market. We liked the last minute cruises from San Pedro but now we have to plan and fly to cruise.

Not to mention the Pier 27 Project in San Francisco scheduled for late 2014.

Way to go California - the undisputed leader in driving businesses out of State :rolleyes:

Not to mention the Pier 27 Project in San Francisco scheduled for late 2014.

Way to go California - the undisputed leader in driving businesses out of State :rolleyes:

Nope! We got you beat here on the east coast. In Rhode Island we have the dubious distinction of being ranked 50th business friendly state in the country by CNBC. They just raised taxes on the tourism industry and doubled beach access fees. We feel your pain.:o:o:o

Princess is no longer doing Puerto Vallarta - basically it is NOT safe.

(June 2011 - 4:15 p.m. EDT) -- Citing safety and security concerns in Mexico, Princess Cruises has dropped calls in Mazatlan and Puerto Vallarta for the remainder 2011.

[b...Sorry but I disagree...We are one cruise away from being RCI C&A D+ and have booked our first Princess cruise several months ago which is leaving next month to the Mexican Riviera which will include Puerto Vallarta and two nights in Cabo...In 2013 Princess is scheduled to resume the original ports that again will offer Mazatlan....Mexico is no less safe than any other tourist ports or probably even your home town...I like many am hoping RCI will rethink their decision so we can continue our loyality and are not lured away by cruiselines that continue to sail from the west coast. How lucky you are to have so many RCI options..Imagine how you would feel if they left Florida due to crime in the Caribbean..;):)[/b]

Nope! We got you beat here on the east coast. In Rhode Island we have the dubious distinction of being ranked 50th business friendly state in the country by CNBC. They just raised taxes on the tourism industry and doubled beach access fees. We feel your pain.:o:o:o

LOL! I had no idea! We suck the most.....together :o

...and probably on taxes and attacks on personal freedoms ;)

LOL, not so sure about that. By the way my name is Gregg. One of my bucket list cruises is through the canal to California and back. I just need my bosses to let me off for a month. Not sure they're ready for that. Happy cruising.:)

I for one, would love the return of RCI to the west coast--even if we can't get mexican riveria cruises--maybe they could could consider pacific coastal cruises. I can't afford to fly the family to the east coast for a cruise, I need a port I can drive too--as a result, Carnival has started to receive my business and I'm going to look at other lines as well.

Kerrie :)

We took the Mariner 7 day to the Mexican Rivera out of Long Beach in June of 2010. Honestly, this was not one of my favorite cruises--the end of our trip was two sea days, and at about noon on the first sea day, the temperature started rapidly dropping from 80's and ended up in the low 60's. On the last sea day, the temps were in the low 50's with gusty winds. The pool deck was empty, the sole bartender was wearing a parka. Many of the staff said this was typical weather on this itinerary, and that RCCL wasn't making money. Guess this is one of the reasons you won't see a Mexican Riviera cruise from them again--or at least anytime soon. While some may not mind brisk weather on a cruise, I am from the midwest, and don't relish spending any more time in cold weather that I have to!

Since I live in Southern California I would LOVE IT if RCI would bring a ship back out here, but seriously, how many times can you go to the Mexican Riviera anyway? The Caribbean has so much more to offer! I know that if they had a ship doing the MR run I'd do it occasionally just because it's close, but there are so many more places I want to go in the Caribbean, I think I'd end up flying out there to go on those cruises anyway.

Yeah, we gave up on the West Coast a year ago. I booked a Princess cruise roundtrip from Los Angeles to Hawaii and the South Seas in 2013, because I don't think we will see any RCCL ships by then.

I just wonder if Princess can do these itineraries, why can't RCCL? Princess has quite a few leaving from Los Angeles and San Diego.

I for one, would love the return of RCI to the west coast--even if we can't get mexican riveria cruises--maybe they could could consider pacific coastal cruises. I can't afford to fly the family to the east coast for a cruise, I need a port I can drive too--as a result, Carnival has started to receive my business and I'm going to look at other lines as well.

Kerrie :)

We took the Mariner 7 day to the Mexican Rivera out of Long Beach in June of 2010. Honestly, this was not one of my favorite cruises--the end of our trip was two sea days, and at about noon on the first sea day, the temperature started rapidly dropping from 80's and ended up in the low 60's. On the last sea day, the temps were in the low 50's with gusty winds. The pool deck was empty, the sole bartender was wearing a parka. Many of the staff said this was typical weather on this itinerary, and that RCCL wasn't making money. Guess this is one of the reasons you won't see a Mexican Riviera cruise from them again--or at least anytime soon. While some may not mind brisk weather on a cruise, I am from the midwest, and don't relish spending any more time in cold weather that I have to!

We used to have the RCI Monarch doing 3 and 4 day cruises from Los Angeles. We enjoyed several cruises on the Monarch and would like to see that ship(or another) return for 3-4 days cruises.

Galveston is our closest RCI homeport and we are flying to New Orleans for a Voyager cruise in Feb. When we fly back east anywhere, we try to B2B a couple of cruises to take advantage of the flight.

Rick

Archived