Our 50 Night Reflection Odyssey

C 2 C

The end is near... if anyone has any questions that don't consume time, I might be able to squeeze in an answer or two

Hi again,:) are you staying on the ship for the first 3 nighter on

Dec 5th?

November 29th:

Hi Lois: “are you staying on the ship for the first 3 nighter on Dec 5th?” No we will be on the way home by then and won’t be on another cruise till Eclipse in Jan.

LovesVac” How busy is Blu around 6???? Oh, have you heard anything on if the repair will affect any future cruises? Thanks!” Blu has even experimented with opening at 5:30 and has greatly reduced the early rush. The only “bad” time seems to be the 7-7:30 period when social hour is over for elites and some early diners are not quite finished. I have not heard any rumor nor direct conversation about any interruption of any future cruise. The problem does not seem to be with any pod but with the flow of electricity from the generator to the pods.

Mike M: “1) How many free drinks per day (or vouchers) did Elites get?” Three but some seem to have collected many more. We saw one couple walk away with a dozen beers.

2) “Are there little green lights in the toilets on Reflection?” Only when three vouchers have been greatly exceeded. The light in the bathroom stays on all the time and aiming assistance similar to M-class is not required.

Menus: I did not take any pictures of the menus and would not use a slow internet and limited/expensive minutes to post them. I will say however that the food has been great most of the time with only a few days leading to serious hunger pangs. When meat loaf is the suggested entree, I don’t get much past the bread sticks as the preferred course.

Christmas decorations have been going up for the last three days.

A fellow cruiser today mentioned that he was “going crazy” due to itchy skin. Seems that I’m not the only one suffering from something in the environment, whether it is the laundry detergent, shower gel or “the spray”. A few people have been complaining about red, irritated eyes, sinuses and a scratchy throat. Some passengers have been quarantined for “things”.

Welcome to Celebrity Wi-Fi

Internet link is down. Please try again in a few minutes.”

... Blu has even experimented with opening at 5:30 and has greatly reduced the early rush. The only “bad” time seems to be the 7-7:30 period when social hour is over for elites and some early diners are not quite finished. ...

Typically 7 is our "go to" time. Though, from what you indicate, perhaps 6:45ish might beat the small rush! Being that this is our first sailing in an Aqua Class cabin, Blu is something we were looking forward to. The only issue might be the (very) close tables. We'll see how that goes!

Thanks,

Tom

November 29th:

Hi Lois: “are you staying on the ship for the first 3 nighter on Dec 5th?” No we will be on the way home by then and won’t be on another cruise till Eclipse in Jan.

LovesVac” How busy is Blu around 6???? Oh, have you heard anything on if the repair will affect any future cruises? Thanks!” Blu has even experimented with opening at 5:30 and has greatly reduced the early rush. The only “bad” time seems to be the 7-7:30 period when social hour is over for elites and some early diners are not quite finished. I have not heard any rumor nor direct conversation about any interruption of any future cruise. The problem does not seem to be with any pod but with the flow of electricity from the generator to the pods.

Mike M: “1) How many free drinks per day (or vouchers) did Elites get?” Three but some seem to have collected many more. We saw one couple walk away with a dozen beers.

2) “Are there little green lights in the toilets on Reflection?” Only when three vouchers have been greatly exceeded. The light in the bathroom stays on all the time and aiming assistance similar to M-class is not required.

Menus: I did not take any pictures of the menus and would not use a slow internet and limited/expensive minutes to post them. I will say however that the food has been great most of the time with only a few days leading to serious hunger pangs. When meat loaf is the suggested entree, I don’t get much past the bread sticks as the preferred course.

Christmas decorations have been going up for the last three days.

A fellow cruiser today mentioned that he was “going crazy” due to itchy skin. Seems that I’m not the only one suffering from something in the environment, whether it is the laundry detergent, shower gel or “the spray”. A few people have been complaining about red, irritated eyes, sinuses and a scratchy throat. Some passengers have been quarantined for “things”.

Welcome to Celebrity Wi-Fi

Internet link is down. Please try again in a few minutes.”

Intrigued about the 'spray', is this a disinfectant or does it have some other purpose.:D

November 29th:

.”[/font]

Thank you very much, safe travels home!

My daughter also had itchy skin on our recent Silhouette cruise. I know it was not the laundry detergent as I did not send any of her clothes out (her clothes were all new and I did not want to risk them with the ship's laundry service). Also I brought my own shower gel so it was not this either. It must be a disinfectant or cleaner they use on board.

Once we came home, she stopped itching. It didn't affect me, my husband or my son but for some reason, only my daughter.

My daughter also had itchy skin on our recent Silhouette cruise. I know it was not the laundry detergent as I did not send any of her clothes out (her clothes were all new and I did not want to risk them with the ship's laundry service). Also I brought my own shower gel so it was not this either. It must be a disinfectant or cleaner they use on board.

Once we came home, she stopped itching. It didn't affect me, my husband or my son but for some reason, only my daughter.

It still could be the washing detergent that they use for the towels and bed linen.:D

Friday November 30th, the End of our Reflection Odyssey.

Under partially cloudy skies we are approaching the end of our voyage. No matter how long the cruise, we always wonder at what happened to all the days. Soon there will be many returnees posting about this crossing. I am sure that there are over 3,000 different versions of the voyage and all will be based on the truth according to our unique perspective. For some it will be the best ever, for some it will be the voyage from hell.

Celebrity at one time advertised about delivering a cruise experience beyond one’s expectations. But if excellence is the norm, it is very difficult to achieve a level beyond that standard. Overall, we enjoyed our experience, glitches and all. The lack of any memento of the inaugural sailing is inexcusable. The ongoing propulsion problem and missed ports could be an issue on any sailing. Except for the miserable, rainy days on the inaugural, the weather has been great. Food and service for us was better than expected and the port stops were outstanding. The crossing has been a bit rougher than our former Transatlantics but no-one has ever been able to predict and deliver an ideal that would satisfy everyone. If we ever do another crossing, we would pick a starboard side out of direct sunlight. I would rather be cooler and dress warmer than be exposed to these direct rays. Warm weather lovers might prefer the port side sun however.

Only those people who have actually experienced the Atlantic crossings on other ships will be able to judge and offer advice about their best transatlantic ever. Some will soon post that they would cross again on Reflection in a heartbeat, without ever examining the positive aspects of any other ship in the fleet or competing lines. Above all, remember: It’s not about the ships you take but the friends you make.

Friday November 30th, the End of our Reflection Odyssey.

Above all, remember: It’s not about the ships you take but the friends you make.

Arno, you have made thousands of new friends with your wonderful posts throughout your 50 day odyssey on the Reflection. Thank you taking the time, and internet minutes, to keep us all updated and share your thoughts on the new ship. A big wave back to you on the PortCam...it is so exciting to see her in Miami.

Our odyssey is not quite over. We are still onboard for the Naming Ceremony today.

To be on a ship where vouchers are history, the drinks are free and internet has a $0.00 per minute charge...

I am presently enjoying both, a concoction of my own design (imitation is the highest form of flattery to everyone but copyright lawyers) to remind me of the Black Ouzo "medicine" that I was obliged to leave behind in Rhodes: equal parts Sambuca and Kahlua (my taste buds and throat are appreciating every evaporating molecule) and the ability to post slowly between sips.

We were the first paying passengers that boarded the ship in Amsterdam and the last passengers that passed through immigration at 11:35 this morning. I am sure that a few people will comment on the disembarkation process. Normally, back to back passengers are taken for processing and reboarding at 10:00 am. Today we watched the process snake slowly through the terminal at a "leisurely pace" to its ultimate conclusion before the all clear signal was given to reboard.

The biggest shock was to see Chandru, the CC host disembark for home???

From the Sky lounge in sunny Miami, as I sign off to all our friends with whom we shared this wonderful voyage: A toast to you: "With the fondest of memories", till we meet again, tot ziens

Our odyssey is not quite over. We are still onboard for the Naming Ceremony today.

To be on a ship where vouchers are history, the drinks are free and internet has a $0.00 per minute charge...

I am presently enjoying both, a concoction of my own design (imitation is the highest form of flattery to everyone but copyright lawyers) to remind me of the Black Ouzo "medicine" that I was obliged to leave behind in Rhodes: equal parts Sambuca and Kahlua (my taste buds and throat are appreciating every evaporating molecule) and the ability to post slowly between sips.

We were the first paying passengers that boarded the ship in Amsterdam and the last passengers that passed through immigration at 11:35 this morning. I am sure that a few people will comment on the disembarkation process. Normally, back to back passengers are taken for processing and reboarding at 10:00 am. Today we watched the process snake slowly through the terminal at a "leisurely pace" to its ultimate conclusion before the all clear signal was given to reboard.

The biggest shock was to see Chandru, the CC host disembark for home???

From the Sky lounge in sunny Miami, as I sign off to all our friends with whom we shared this wonderful voyage: A toast to you: "With the fondest of memories", till we meet again, tot ziens

Oh wow, what now? Are you certain Chandru is going home and not to another ship? Hope things are ok with him and his family. Was so looking forward to seeing him again.

Flying down tomorrow am and looking forward to boarding on the 3rd.

Anne

Archived