Wine Permitted to Carry Onboard Now

gw2fll

So where do you get the two new bottles? Many will not have a car at port for a B2B - or want to leave the port area. Many find the beauty of a B2B is to enjoy the ship on turnaround day.

M

Turnaround Day has taken on an entirely different meaning to those that enjoy their wines now that the policy has changed. What's the old saying....."where there's a will...there's a way".:D

Edited by cruisenfever

I just received this answer by email from my Crown & Anchor Society representative:

Guests are not allowed to bring alcoholic beverages onboard for consumption or any other use with the exception of two bottles of wine, per stateroom. Please note, a $25.00 corkage fee will apply to bottles of wine brought onboard by the guest and consumed in public venues, including but not limited to the main dining room and specialty restaurants. Wine enjoyed in the guests stateroom will not have a corkage fee. Alcoholic beverages purchased in ports of call, or from onboard shops, will be stored by the ship and delivered to guest staterooms on the last day of the sailing. Security may inspect containers (water bottles, soda bottles, mouthwash, luggage, etc.) and will dispose of containers holding alcohol violating our guest conduct policy. Guests who violate any alcohol policies, (over consume, provide alcohol to people under age 21, demonstrate irresponsible behavior, or attempt to conceal alcoholic items at security, luggage check points, or any other time), may be disembarked or not allowed to board, at their own expense, in accordance with our Guest Conduct Policy.

Et voila !

I found the following skins for bottles of wine if anyone is interested. I think it is one of the most economical ways to go if you're not likely to cruise more than once or twice a year. I know I don't need anything else to store in my basement that I only use when I cruise. I definitely want to be able to pack my Northern Michigan Wine when I fly out to board the Oasis later this month though. :D:D

http://www.winestuff.com/catalog/product/view/id/1555/s/wine-skin-leak-proof-traveler/category/6/

Thanks for the tip. I found this quote on this board: http://www.cruisecritic.com/news/news.cfm?ID=5068

My understanding is that kids are not allowed to have their own staterooms without an adult. For the purposes of booking you have one adult per room, so you should be able to get the 2 bottles per cabin.

We have 10 in our party. One stateroom has a 19 year old and a 16 year old with their parents next door. Neither of the teens is old enough to drink. Don't think we'll be eligible for their wine!

We also have two cabins-one has us and the other has my 17year od and 19year old......does that mean we can take on 4 bottles of wine??

:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

We are Aussies sailing out to NZ

Edited by Pye1

My apologies if this has been covered. I'm trying to keep up with this thread but it has covered a lot of ground.

How does RCCL, or any cruise line that limits wine to a couple of bottles per cabin, keep track of how much you checked in? You have to go through security with it, and I would guess if I have 4 bottles on me, two will get confiscated. If I have 2, I clear. So what about my travel companions? Who makes the connection that my roommate also checked 2 bottles? Or for that matter, there are rooms that hold 3-4 people. How is the connection made that there are now 8 bottles of wine that made it through security for a given room?

I'm not necessarily trying to cheat the system, but is the 2 bottle/room really enforceable without passengers complying on good faith?

This is where I think the policy may be difficult to police - bottles in carry on and/or bottles in checked baggage which of course has your stateroom number attached. I have a feeling that you are really going to be able to get away with up to 4 bottles per stateroom.

We will await the documented published policy wording which hopefully will have no ambiguities.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We have 10 in our party. One stateroom has a 19 year old and a 16 year old with their parents next door. Neither of the teens is old enough to drink. Don't think we'll be eligible for their wine!

We also have two cabins-one has us and the other has my 17year od and 19year old......does that mean we can take on 4 bottles of wine??

Well, you could, on paper, put a parent and teen in each room for booking purposes. The adults can take their wine. Once on board go to guest services to get the key cards the way you want them. You'd probably want to go get keys to the teens cabins anyway. nobody does bed checks.

Shucks. This does not help people who want to save money on wine. It doesn't help those who buy just plain old vino at $12 a bottle. They want to avoid the high cost of on.board wines. A $25 corkage fee helps only the rich................

again, for the umpteenth time.. the fee only applies to dining room and bar consumption.. NOT in your cabin. even 'rich' people will choose to consume in their cabin.

love how some people's knee jerk reactions automatically assume the worse case scenario and fail to do any research or read the topic in its entirety.

let's give Royal a little credit here for pete's sake.. at long last they have acquiesced to a customer complaint/request. sure, we'd like to see a little clarification WRT checked VS carry on, plus the whole per person/per stateroom confuzzlement( and oh the lovely added twist of having minors booked in a cabin so Mum and Dad want to get that cabin's allotment)

it's early yet, and there are BOUND to be growing pains. at least so far as we have heard they are being pretty good about getting confiscated stuff delivered in a timely manner.

Onboard Policies

s.gif

cor_print_icon.gif Royal finally updated their website:

s.gif

Q: Can I bring liquor or non-alcoholic beverages (from home or from a port) onboard?s.gifA: Guests are not allowed to bring beer, hard liquor or non-alcoholic beverages onboard for consumption or any other use. Guests wishing to bring personal wine and champagne onboard may do so only on boarding day, limited to two (2) 750 ml bottles per stateroom. When consumed in any public area, each bottle shall be subject to a corkage fee of $25.00. Additional bottles of wine beyond two (2) bottles that are brought onboard or any alcoholic beverages purchased in ports-of-call or from Shops On Board will be stored by the ship and delivered to your stateroom on the last day of the sailing. Alcoholic beverages seized on embarkation day will not be returned.

Security may inspect containers (water bottles, soda bottles, mouthwash, luggage etc.) and will dispose of containers holding alcohol. Guests who violate any alcohol policies, (over consume, provide alcohol to people under age 21, demonstrate irresponsible behavior, or attempt to conceal alcoholic items at security and or luggage check points or any other time), may be disembarked or not allowed to board, at their own expense, in accordance with our Guest Conduct Policy. Guests who are under the permitted drinking age will not have alcohol returned to them.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/customersupport/faq/details.do?pagename=frequently_asked_questions&pnav=5&pnav=2&faqSubjectName=Onboard+Policies&faqId=260&faqSubjectId=333&faqType=faq

Woo Hoo! I received my email and it clearly states that 2 bottles per cabin are allowed. It does not state whether carry on or check baggage is preferred. So , I will have mine in my carryon and I printed the email so I shouldn't have any problems when going thru security next week.

Thank you for your email. We apologize for the delay in our response.

As a Diamond member of the Crown & Anchor Society, we especially value your

patronage of Royal Caribbean International and appreciate this opportunity to

respond to your inquiry.

Royal Caribbean International has changed the policy regarding bringing wine

onboard. Guests are now allowed to bring onboard up to two bottles of wine per

stateroom. Please note, a $25.00 corkage fee will apply to bottles of wine

brought onboard by the guest and consumed in public venues, including but not

limited to the main dining room and specialty restaurants. Wine enjoyed in the

guests’ stateroom will not have a corkage fee.

Edited by SAS21

Onboard Policies

s.gif

s.gif

Q: Can I bring liquor or non-alcoholic beverages (from home or from a port) onboard?s.gifA: Guests are not allowed to bring beer, hard liquor or non-alcoholic beverages onboard for consumption or any other use. Guests wishing to bring personal wine and champagne onboard may do so only on boarding day, limited to two (2) 750 ml bottles per stateroom. When consumed in any public area, each bottle shall be subject to a corkage fee of $25.00. Additional bottles of wine beyond two (2) bottles that are brought onboard or any alcoholic beverages purchased in ports-of-call or from Shops On Board will be stored by the ship and delivered to your stateroom on the last day of the sailing. Alcoholic beverages seized on embarkation day will not be returned.

Ahh, now i wonder if they are giving the two bottles of wine but will clamp down on bringing water and soda on!!!

Onboard Policies

s.gif

s.gif

Security may inspect containers (water bottles, soda bottles, mouthwash, luggage etc.) and will dispose of containers holding alcohol. Guests who violate any alcohol policies, (over consume, provide alcohol to people under age 21, demonstrate irresponsible behavior, or attempt to conceal alcoholic items at security and or luggage check points or any other time), may be disembarked or not allowed to board, at their own expense, in accordance with our Guest Conduct Policy. Guests who are under the permitted drinking age will not have alcohol returned to them.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/customersupport/faq/details.do?pagename=frequently_asked_questions&pnav=5&pnav=2&faqSubjectName=Onboard+Policies&faqId=260&faqSubjectId=333&faqType=faq

The question that remains to be seen is if they want to inspect what liquid is in each wine bottle.

btwi I've never heard of anyone being thrown off the ship for smuggling.

Just a silly question ...

With regard to new policies, it is the same wine, champagne and sparkling wine? What other drink can take on board ? Bottles of margaritas ?

Yes, to the three,but not to margaritas.......those are not wines,,,,,,,it is for wines only.......

Isn't the drinking age 18 in Australia? If you're sailing from Australia the 19 year old is legally allowed to drink onboard (and therefore to bring wine onboard presumably). The rules are different when sailing from a country where the drinking age is lower. For instance from the Med my sons have been able to drink onboard since they were 18 - which is the legal age in the UK and the Med.

again, for the umpteenth time.. the fee only applies to dining room and bar consumption.. NOT in your cabin. even 'rich' people will choose to consume in their cabin.

love how some people's knee jerk reactions automatically assume the worse case scenario and fail to do any research or read the topic in its entirety.

let's give Royal a little credit here for pete's sake.. at long last they have acquiesced to a customer complaint/request. sure, we'd like to see a little clarification WRT checked VS carry on, plus the whole per person/per stateroom confuzzlement( and oh the lovely added twist of having minors booked in a cabin so Mum and Dad want to get that cabin's allotment)

it's early yet, and there are BOUND to be growing pains. at least so far as we have heard they are being pretty good about getting confiscated stuff delivered in a timely manner.

Agree.

I'm wondering if I can bring 2 pack of those small 187ml wine bottles.

Each pack has 4 bottles

4 X 187 ml = 748 ml which is approximately equivalent to one 750 ml bottle

Or can it be with any other variants of the containers such as wine that come in small box 200ml, bring enough to add up to be equivalent of 2 x 750 ml bottles.

Wondering if the policy is strictly to be in the 750 ml bottle container.

Edited by StrikeEagle

Each pack has 4 bottles

Or can it be with any other variants of the containers such as wine that come in small box 200ml, bring enough to add up to be equivalent of 2 x 750 ml bottles.

In theory your wine amounts are nearly the same, but I imagine that the screeners are told to allow 2 bottles per cabin. It might be easier not to confuse the issue for the screeners.

M

Each pack has 4 bottles

Originally it was 2 bottles up to 750 ml, so I would guess no. Get a Vacu-vin or other wine bottle closer that pumps out the air, and you'll be able to nurse a red for two days and a white for about 4 if you keep it chilled (that's been our experience, anyway).

Originally it was 2 bottles up to 750 ml, so I would guess no. Get a Vacu-vin or other wine bottle closer that pumps out the air, and you'll be able to nurse a red for two days and a white for about 4 if you keep it chilled (that's been our experience, anyway).

.........not in my case....once the bottle is open...well....why take the chance of the wine "turning"......Cheers!......:D

Dang!! We just got off the 10/28 Freedom out of PC and had one of our suitcases taken to the Naughty Room--had two bottles of Halloween themed wine (one "Poison" with a skull and crossbones and the other Dracula Pinot). We followed advice to blindly reach in the suitcase and retrieve only one of the contraband items and surrender it. So got the Dracula Wine through and got the Poison wine back the last day. One week too soon!!!! BTW, our traveling companions (about 6 couples) must have had at least 20 plastic bottles amongst them filled with vodka, gin and jack that got through without question.