Can't find your door/cabin?

banshee72

Over the last few months I have seen several threads about people putting decorations/magnets on their door so it is easier to find? I've only been on one cruise and have an 8 night on the IOTS in March. We sailed on the Enchantment 6 years ago and cant remember ever getting disoriented on board. I know its a smaller ship, but dont all the cabins have their numbers in plain sight by the door?

I kept getting completely turned around on the Monarch, it is a completely different configuration than other ships I have been on. I kept trying to go to the cabin two cabins behind elevator starboard instead of two cabins ahead port. And EVERY time I did this my cabin attendant saw me.:o

How hard is it to remember your cabin number and look for it? :rolleyes: It's what we do. I never, ever count doors from the stairs,elevator, whatever. I know my cabin number. In a dozen cruises, I've always been able to find my cabin, even after having a few.

Some people decorate their cabin doors to stand out from the crowd and make it special. I plan to have my mom's door decorated for our cruise this year for her birthday. And as I saw in another thread, for people who are legally blind and can't make out the numbers on the doors, having a distinctive decoration helps a lot.

I personally don't understand why some people seem to get offended that others decorate their doors. I decorate my door at home for holidays, and my vacation is a holiday for me, so if I wanna decorate my door, why shouldn't I?

I decorate our door because it is fun. Dh travels a lot for business and is in different hotels in one week and he said he can never keep him room number straight, so he keeps his key card in the little jacket they give you with the room number written on it. So, maybe all those people that are cruising all the time, have trouble remembering where their cabin is!;):) would love to have that problem!

It doesnt bother me that people decorate their dorr. Not at all...was just curious because we are going to b on a much larger ship than the last time around and wondered if being on a bigger ship would make it easier to get "lost"

It doesnt bother me that people decorate their dorr. Not at all...was just curious because we are going to b on a much larger ship than the last time around and wondered if being on a bigger ship would make it easier to get "lost"

We decorate our door so the kids can recognize it. Sometimes they are in such a hurry to get in (I gotta go pee!), :eek: they don't pay attention to whose door they are trying to unlock. Our neighbors appreciate it! ;)

To find my cabin quickly, I note the artwork or something similar on the side of the ship my room is on. Getting off the elevator after not necessarily paying attention, a quick glance will tell me which way I have to turn.

On Princess, the carpeting is different colors on the port and starboard side of the ship, also thus telling you quickly at a glance which way to turn; it's kind of cool. :p

On a 7 day cruise, I'm solidly lost for the first 3! I've never been so over served that I needed the decoration (which, let me be clear, has never been more than one 8.5x11 printed sign) I just tend to take the stairs everywhere and love to explore the ship so it's easy for me to get turned around. I have zero sense of direction when I can't see the sky which is pretty much everywhere but the pool deck! The sign just makes it super easy to identify my cabin or the lack of sign tells me I'm on the complete opposite side of the ship! Plus, I'm on vacation! Why not make those cookie cutter rooms a little more personal and have a little fun with it?

On Princess, the carpeting is different colors on the port and starboard side of the ship, also thus telling you quickly at a glance which way to turn; it's kind of cool.

LOL! I didn't figure that one out until at least day3 or 4 but after that, I didn't mix it up again!

To find my cabin quickly, I note the artwork or something similar on the side of the ship my room is on. Getting off the elevator after not necessarily paying attention, a quick glance will tell me which way I have to turn.

On Princess, the carpeting is different colors on the port and starboard side of the ship, also thus telling you quickly at a glance which way to turn; it's kind of cool. :p

We do this too!!! ;)

I like to be able to spot my door from a distance . :) I usually find some dip in the carpet or something to help. I do count, but that's just cause I'm a counter. It's sort of a safety thing, I guess. Like knowing what row you are on in an airplane.

We haven't actually decorated a cabin door yet, but plan to since the kids will be traveling with us on their first cruise. We have decorated our room window at Disney World.

I can always remember my cabin number but last cruise we were in a corner aft and even had two pink flamingos on the door I still managed to get the wrong room after a very boozy night I managed to get the wrong floor I soon realised it wasn't my cabin when a naked bald headed man answered the door:eek::o (IF you are reading this I apologise again) the wright location just one floor up ooppss:D

Archived