Alcohol now being destroyed

antsp

Because it wasnt in a carry on.

I am so sorry to hear this. I really wish Princess would reconsider. This was one of the reasons I am so loyal to the brand. It may be time to try another line. So sad!!! :(:(

I love Princess,but I may consider travelling on another line now anyway.I will be able to sail for $25.00 a day and my niece can buy me my drinks for less than$2.00,if we sail with her.Cheaper,if I sleep in crew rooms.

I can't bring anything on board like Princess is doing,but so cheap at staff prices.

As we have seen for years, every alcohol in bags is being smuggled. You could take the champagne in carry on and pay the corkage but I'm sure there was no inention of paying when in luggage.

There wouldn't be any corkage due if they were not over their one bottle per person allowance

Heads up everyone...it is in the cruise contract that it MUST be in carry on only. It's not in the FAQs or on the boarding pass but it is buried in the 15 page cruise contract :rolleyes:

WELL BELIEVE IT. its just happened, i dont lie, i wouldnt waste my elite minutes making stuff up. Yellow tag on cabin door telling me where to get our bags back. Told to open bag in front off staff, asked to remove bottles by your self. Placed in large grey bin in front of us. Massive arguments going on. Security brought empty bottle back to cabin about 30 mins later. If you dont believe this please do not comment on this thread because its put a little sour taste on the start to the cruise. My bil is with us in another cabin happened to them too, made a pact not discuss it again. Everyone is a bit wound up

Thank you for taking the time to post on sail away day. I am not a drinker, but you did everyone a great service by providing this information to future cruisers. I am sorry that Princess did not clearly state that the wine and champagne needed to be in your carry on.

Now that this is all behind you, please enjoy your cruise to Hawaii. There will be so much to do, so many sea days to relax, and take the time to listen to ELUA as often as you can. David is terrific on the Steel Guitar. Still wish Leialoha would do more hula. The weather in the islands should be pretty good this time of the year.

I am ready to do this cruise again!

Aloha,

Renee (displaced local girl)

WELL BELIEVE IT. its just happened, i dont lie, i wouldnt waste my elite minutes making stuff up. Yellow tag on cabin door telling me where to get our bags back. Told to open bag in front off staff, asked to remove bottles by your self. Placed in large grey bin in front of us. Massive arguments going on. Security brought empty bottle back to cabin about 30 mins later. If you dont believe this please do not comment on this thread because its put a little sour taste on the start to the cruise. My bil is with us in another cabin happened to them too, made a pact not discuss it again. Everyone is a bit wound up

Wow! Very sad to hear this.... :( :eek:

Thank you VERY much for posting your experience.

Well we had a lovely evening on board and out tempers are now gone, we met Gavin Chandler in the elevator erlier on he was very suprised at whats happened, said he would look into it. 14 nights to go so its time to relax and let it go. Just a heads up on maybe what will go fleet wide with the new policy.

Hi antsp

Not the way you wanted to start your cruise, try and clear your mind

chill, relax and have a good cruise,

what would happen if you bring a bottle wrapped with a label stating its a gift for a senior crew member.

yours Shogun

I often bring bottled water in my checked bags,and a particular caffeine free diet soda unavailable onboard...and have never had trouble. Are the scanners they're using scanning for glass, or liquid? The bottles I pack are tall Litre bottles of smart water. Will they check the contents of each of those?

Feels like such a violation.

How. , if you are flying , do you transport wine or liquor in carry-on? The Airline takes it away and you never get it back. I guess a stop at the wine store is required.

That's part of the fun of the new contract wording.

Flying to the port it must be in your checked luggage.

Boarding the ship it must not be in your checked luggage.

Hi fellow cruisers: We have experience this on several other lines in the last several years. THeir policy is two PER CABIN and in your carry on. Items found in checked luggage required passengers to go to the naughty room to open their luggage for inspection. Some ships the items were taken and not returned but most were held and given back at end of cruise. This required passengers to stand in long lines for both inspection and also retriving of goods at the end. People keep trying such things as rum runners or each passenger in the cabin goes through seperate scanners at embarkation with two bottles.

I don't drink anymore for health reason but have probably spilled more than most people will consume , but have brought two bottles of wine , one non alcholic, on board and have had a glass of wine in the cabin , or on the balcony. Last few cruises last year we opted just to get a glass of wine while enjoying the ships public areas and not go through all the hassel. Youve spent quite a few dollars on your cabin so a few more is just part of the vacation. Bob & Nancy The Villages Florida:):):)

We want to carry on 2 bottles of Canadian Club because it is so much cheaper than in Canada to be held until disembarkation when we board in Fort Lauderdale on April 26th TA, will they throw it out?

Ontario Cruiser

I would think that if you bring them in your carry-on and explain to security (and anyone else you see) that you want to store it for the cruise, they'd do that. Its their policy at ports (although not always enforced) and for duty free bought on the ship, so I don't see why they wouldn't do it at embarkation.

On page 5 (if any one reads that far in the 15 pages) of the contract it states, "Passengers agree not to bring alchoholic beverages on board for consumption except one bottle of wine or champagne perperson of drinkling age only in his/her carry-on luggage per voyage. A corkage fee of $15 USD per bottle (which is subject to change with out notice) will be applied to wine and champagne brought aboard by you..."

Enforcement???

We want to carry on 2 bottles of Canadian Club because it is so much cheaper than in Canada to be held until disembarkation when we board in Fort Lauderdale on April 26th TA, will they throw it out?

Ontario Cruiser

Apparently it is possible...no one can answer that for certain as Princess is not consistantly enforcing their policy across the board at all ports...risk it or wait until end of cruise to purchase it...:rolleyes:

Just borded the golden, any alcohol in your luggage is now being removed and destroyed. Its just happened to me. Major arguments going on down on deck 4. The new alcohol policy is now in full force. Be warned.
Seems like there has already been quite a bit of warning. I think it is a lot easier to follow rules that are clearly stated and enforced, whether it be alcohol policy, dress code, seat reserving, or whatever. All this whining has been because Princess had policies that haven't been enforced leading people to constantly see what they could get away with.

Just borded the golden, any alcohol in your luggage is now being removed and destroyed. Its just happened to me. Major arguments going on down on deck 4. The new alcohol policy is now in full force. Be warned.

Was this the only alcohol you brought on board, or did you also bring some in your carry-on? Just trying to figure out if it was an overage issue or simply a luggage v. carry-on issue.

Seems like there has already been quite a bit of warning. I think it is a lot easier to follow rules that are clearly stated and enforced, whether it be alcohol policy, dress code, seat reserving, or whatever. All this whining has been because Princess had policies that haven't been enforced leading people to constantly see what they could get away with.

Clearly stated? You've got to be kidding. Clearly stated is not buried in a 15 page document which is the only place it states wine must be in your carry on. No excuse for the vodka, but dumping the champagne was uncalled for.

Ontario Cruiser

Buy it on the ship. As I recall CC is about $17 per bottle. If you get a coupon book you can get an extra 10% off if you buy 2

On page 5 (if any one reads that far in the 15 pages) of the contract it states, "Passengers agree not to bring alchoholic beverages on board for consumption except one bottle of wine or champagne perperson of drinkling age only in his/her carry-on luggage per voyage. A corkage fee of $15 USD per bottle (which is subject to change with out notice) will be applied to wine and champagne brought aboard by you..."

Enforcement???

Wait. Am I reading this correctly? Allowed one bottle each. The corkage fee is charged if you bring it to the dining room, correct? Do they charge the corkage fee to just bring it on the ship? (NCL does it this way ... :().

Archived