Would you do this?

I am curious on getting some opinions. Would you fly from Maryland to Port Canaveral for a 3 day weekend Bahamas get-away? This is assuming you have ruled out all other cruising options in the near future for various reasons. And it also does not include any additional time in Florida.

Is this a ridiculous idea? Would it be worth is for such a short time? :confused:

I am curious on getting some opinions. Would you fly from Maryland to Port Canaveral for a 3 day weekend Bahamas get-away? This is assuming you have ruled out all other cruising options in the near future for various reasons. And it also does not include any additional time in Florida.

Is this a ridiculous idea? Would it be worth is for such a short time? :confused:

I flew from Boston to Melbourne for a three night on Sovereign. Does that count?;):D

We wouldn't. DH would have the cost/benefit spreadsheet out, lol.

But we are retired and things are different now. We flew cross country for five days of national park hopping before we retired.

Now we try to make the most of airfare expense by combining cruises with other sight seeing pre or post cruise.

If this is the most time you can get away, by all means, do it and have a great time!

I'd do it if the airfare was dirt cheap. BUT, I'd be much more likely to do it if I could catch a sweet cruise deal out of MIA or FLL for a short cruise, only because the airports are much closer and the taxi fare to the cruise terminal would be cheaper.

No. I wouldnt even drive the 8 hours to PC for a 3 night cruise. 3 night cruises are a tease and I have no interest in doing one again.

It would have to at least be 5 nights for me.

Now if I still lived in Central FL like I use to, I would probably go broke doing "weekend" cruises.

Since you ask, no, it would not be worth it to me because a 3 day cruise is not something that appeals to me.

However, if that is something you really want to do, by all means go for it.

It should not matter to you what any of us would do.

We all probably do some things that would not appeal to you either. ;)

I used to think I wouldn't, but last fall I definitely needed to get away from work. So I proposed a 3-day getaway to a co-worker. They never would have let us both off at that time for a whole week, so we did a 3-day and it was fabulous! And now she knows how much fun cruising is, so she joined C&A and is lobbying her husband to consider a cruise. (Do I get a commission?)

I'd do it if the airfare was dirt cheap. BUT, I'd be much more likely to do it if I could catch a sweet cruise deal out of MIA or FLL for a short cruise, only because the airports are much closer and the taxi fare to the cruise terminal would be cheaper.

Yeah, I was debating that in another thread. ;)

Archived