Canaletto changes soon roll out to fleet

Tyler919

We shall see. If I'm terribly bored of the food in the MDR I might try it since I will be on the Oosterdam on Aug 18th. The one thing I don't like is people making a fuss so I worry that might happen if I go in there by myself. One time I went to the Cellar Masters dinner by myself and they kept moving me from table to table because I was alone. It was very uncomfortable and I don't want to repeat an experience. I know they won't do that there but if they make a fuss about me being alone I will not appreciate it.

I understand completely. What a shame as you're getting off the day we're getting on. You would have been more than welcome to join us at the Canaletto and at the PG. We have never once eaten in the main dining room so there we would have been no help.

If anyone can give me clues on picture posting from iPad I'll try again. I hit the add photo icon and it asked me if I wanted to use small or large ...I chose large. Is there another way? Photo was good on the iPad.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Forums mobile app

I'll try this...don't shoot me for spelling. Thee do not require you to order pasta...or anything else....they are giving you a guide. No extra charges for ordering more than recommended either! Order what you like.

SMAaLL PLATES:

SALUMI..procuitto, cappa, grissini, shaved Parmesan assorted olives.

VEAL AND SAGE POLPETTINA.. glazed chipolini onions, rustic tomato sauce.

ZUPPA DI PESCE..MUSSELS CLAMS SHRImp scallops cod vegetables in tomato saffron broth.

CANALETTO SALAD,.Boston lettuce, beets gorganzola candied walnuts, raspberry vinaigrette.

DUCK AND LIVER PATE, spuced duck preserve, rustic toast. Kumquat marmilade.

SEARED BEEF CARPACIO., rosemary aioli, shallots, sea salt, cracked pepper

EGGPLANT CAPONATA,.golden raisins, pine nuts, mint.

VERMOUTH BRAISED CLAMS. spicy chorizo, garlic and basil.

Please look up words you don't know. I'll do pastas and large plates later. I loved the veal and the clams got great review too.

I understand completely. What a shame as you're getting off the day we're getting on. You would have been more than welcome to join us at the Canaletto and at the PG. We have never once eaten in the main dining room so there we would have been no help.

What a nice post. Thank you. I promise, I'll try to keep the ship in one piece for you:D:p;).

I'll try this...don't shoot me for spelling. Thee do not require you to order pasta...or anything else....they are giving you a guide. No extra charges for ordering more than recommended either! Order what you like.

SMAaLL PLATES:

ZUPPA DI PESCE..MUSSELS CLAMS SHRImp scallops cod vegetables in tomato saffron broth.

CANALETTO SALAD,.Boston lettuce, beets gorganzola candied walnuts, raspberry vinaigrette.

Please look up words you don't know. I'll do pastas and large plates later. I loved the veal and the clams got great review too.

Very nice of you! Thanks

Kind regards,

Gina

SMAaLL PLATES:

So far I'm not too tempted:D. Thank you for typing this out. I do appreciate it. Looking forward to the rest when you have time.

I never did like Canaletto until about a year or so ago when they changed the menu. The cod puttanesca was really quite good.

SMAaLL PLATES:

Thank you!!

So far I'm not too tempted:D. Thank you for typing this out. I do appreciate it. Looking forward to the rest when you have time.

I never did like Canaletto until about a year or so ago when they changed the menu. The cod puttanesca was really quite good.

I just read this section of the menu to my husband and even he is not impressed with the menu.

Tyler has sent me his file and it looks very clear. I'm currently at my firehouse and don't have the software to set it up there, so I'm just booting up my netbook and hope to post it soon.

Roy

SMAaLL PLATES:

Thanks for the list. I'd be happy just working my way around all those small plates. Looks good. I love the antipasto selections, pate, carpaccio and would add the soup, the clams and the salad too for my "small" tasting combos. And then leave room for dessert.

I'm looking forward to trying this too. Our favorite Italian restaurant in the Seattle area serves Family Style, we were there just 2 days ago. :)

It's probably too much to hope that it will be on the Zuiderdam by late September. Any idea how soon this will spread to the other ships?

This should be a readable menu. Tyler sent me his photo which I copied and cropped as 3 segments and then printed them to pdf with a utility. I'm not sure why but the top page (small plates) came out last but the pages should all be there and legible. Here's the file. You should be able to click on the link and see it:

http://getawaysfrom21044.files.wordpress.com/2013/06/newcanaletto.pdf

Roy

This should be a readable menu. Tyler sent me his photo which I copied and cropped as 3 segments and then printed them to pdf with a utility. I'm not sure why but the top page (small plates) came out last but the pages should all be there and legible. Here's the file. You should be able to click on the link and see it:

Roy

Thank you! That sounded like a whole days work to put that file together:D;). At least they have more than pasta. Not sure if I'll bite or not.

SMAaLL PLATES:

thank you so much for taking the time to do this and emailing Roy (rafinmd).

Very kind of you - enjoy your cruise:)

Thank you Tyler and Roy:). The new Canaletto menu looks much better than what we had on Eurodam in Jan. 2012.

Looking forward to trying this new menu on Nieuw Amsterdam in Jan. of next year. Hope it has been rolled out fleet-wide by then.

Roy

thanks for doing this Roy - it's as clear as a bell:D

Roy

Thank you! I would definitely have to get a group together to try this. While I've never been a big pasta fan, there are several of the small and large plates that I'd love to sample.

K! :) Sounds like fun.

But seriously, this looks like one more example of how solo passengers are being discouraged from booking. We pay two fares, but then are left out of the rest of the thinking in how to run things.

Will this new Canaletto policy be just too much food for one since it's served family style?

No one person wants platters with enough food to feed a clan all spread out in front of them.

Ruth,

Go there and demand he best table and then tell (I mean ask very politely) the Maitr'd what and how YOU would like your selections to be served. If they can be flexible for a family of diners then they can DAM well do it for one! If not... I think a little chat with the F&B Manager or Hotel Manager is in order. Five Star Mariner in good standing... you deserve the best!

Stephen

Archived