Curious - how many

mariner

First cruise Carnival Fantasy 1993. Returned to Carnival 41 cruises later for Carnival Pride this February. Since the Pride is abandoning Baltimore in 2014 it may well have been my last Carnival.

First shipboard overnight was Alaska ferry Matanuska in 1991.

Roy

First cruise was a 4-day try-it-you'll-like-it cruise on the Carnival Fantasy out of Port Canaveral with the ex. My TA at the time asked us about the cruise afterwards in terms of what we liked or didn't like. Based on that she recommended either Celebrity or Holland America. Celebrity didn't have ships with verandahs and HAL had just brought out the S class ships so that tipped the scales in their favor.

Our first three cruises were Glory, Victory, then Legend.

The Legend sailing was a search for a smaller ship. Although the Legend cruise was the best of the three, it wasn't enough; I stumbled on CC then found the HAL forum and then we found our preferred place. Only once did we stray, the Millenium a few years ago, and although we truly enjoyed it, it wasn't home.

We're probably here to stay, although if the changes continue ...... who knows. I will admit that I'm looking at other boards now which I've never done before!

Our first cruise was on the Carnival Triumph in 2006. This was followed by the Azamara Journey in 2007 and then we settled into the HAL ships for our next six cruises... felt like we'd found our niche! That said, we're sailing to Bermuda on the Celebrity Summit next Sunday and we're really looking forward to it.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

The one time we tried to sail Carnival, we boarded the then brand new Destiny many hours late at something like 2 A.M. When we woke the next morning we learned the ship never sailed. I've told the whole long story here before but our one attempt at Carnival failed about as badly as possible.

First six cruises were on Sitmar (Fairwind and Fairsea)

I've never taken a Carnival cruise.

We're old Sitmar folks as well -- :) loved that cruise line!

We took a Carnival cruise much later in our cruising life ... just to find out what it was really like for ourselves. :rolleyes:

LuLu

~~~~

Archived