Exclusive - New VIP walkway

Andym

They had the same set up for our Silhouette cruise in March. Just like the picture, when I walked up to the ship there was no one in either line. So I joked to the guy that I was going to be a rebel and use the VIP walkway instead of the regular one.

Maybe when many people are returning from large it excursions it might be an advantage, but I never saw a line at either place during my entire 2 weeks.

Why is it a joke? It's a nice, little touch that Celebrity offers. I just don't see why there is so much ado about nothing?

And to those that will use that entrance to the ship, I'll bet they won't feel that it's a "feeble attempt to promote good will". It's just a nice gesture that Celebrity is providing.

Yeah, a nice gesture. Until they distribute phasers to the crew guarding the entry from interlopers like Cruise Arizona. :p

Well I personally love it. I'm in a suite on infinity next week and will don my crown and walk across the 10 feet of red carpet with grace and aplomb, then go straight to the bar and down a few beverages like the classy lady wot I am.. :p

LMAO! I'd love to cruise with you!!! Oh and could you please do the "queen wave" as you walk past?

Why is it a joke? It's a nice, little touch that Celebrity offers. I just don't see why there is so much ado about nothing?

Exactly....Nothing

And to those that will use that entrance to the ship, I'll bet they won't feel that it's a "feeble attempt to promote good will". It's just a nice gesture that Celebrity is providing.

Don't mind me I'm just a jaded New Yorker who isn't easily impressed. It seems to me that Aqua Class guests get better perks than suite guests.

If I am not mistaken, I believe I saw this same carpet set up on our April equinox cruise.

Recently flew Delta and the first class passengers boarded on the left with a red carpet, which was parallel to the boarding line with no special carpet. After the first class and I guess a few high mile flyers boarded, the gate agent told the rest of us to walk on the right side, or non red carpeted line. Everyone chuckled that the lines were next to one another but only specific folks could walk on the red carpet.

The dedicated suite ( or first class or whatever ) line is good idea. The funny part to me is the actual red carpet.

M

This is no different than Elites having priority tender privileges. Are they cutting in line? No - it is an offered perk to Elites and perhaps suites get this perk as well. So this VIP/Suite line - WHY does this bother you? Oh right - because it doesn't say Welcome Elites, VIPs and Suites - because lets face it if Elites got it offered - no one would complain. Once again people are all shook up over what someone else might be getting.

We have ff miles on Delta - they too have a dedicated line for their levels of status - which they call first. If I board later and there is a line - I do use the dedicated line and yes - I get to board first. :eek: It is a perk. At our home airport - if you have a 1st class ticket - you get in a different line that cuts the regular line - this can save a person 45 minutes. I've never heard of anyone saying "oh no - that would be cutting - I'll just stand in line" - and I don't anyone of you would either, it's a perk.

I'm not Elite and I've never cruised in a suite - but I have one booked in Feb. (yes I know a lowly S1 - not a real suite to some) - IF there are some perks associated with that suite - I'll be using them if they provide me a needed benefit and I certainly won't be feeling like I cut the line.

I think you protest a bit too much!

For refererence, I have been Elite since 2005.

In the picture, I love the wide open space around the red carpet, but to partake in the "perk" you have to squeeze between the velvet ropes. Reminds me of that bit in BLAZING SADDLES with the toll booth set up in the middle of the desert. I would feel so silly walking between those ropes when it would be so much easier to just walk past them

In the picture, I love the wide open space around the red carpet, but to partake in the "perk" you have to squeeze between the velvet ropes. Reminds me of that bit in BLAZING SADDLES with the toll booth set up in the middle of the desert. I would feel so silly walking between those ropes when it would be so much easier to just walk past them

It is just like Blazing Saddles!!! :D My favorite movie!! LuAnn

We are with you, if the transporter works. Otherwise, we'll use the old shuttle craft.

Well, just don't wear a red shirt...we ALL know the red shirts get killed off on every episode! :D

This string is a HOOT!!!! Lovin' it! And here I was just checking around for info on our first X cruise in many years. Thanks for the laffs, everyone!

(And...just what IS a VIP, anyway????)

Wish I was cruising with all...well, er...most of you! :D :D

Looks to me like that gangway leads to the freight entrance, not the Centrum.
Obviously that is the reason for the umbrella.

Did you not see Mary Poppins?

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQYLclZTONiNgPm6CjIJ2-SUJ0KbyyEcbpXz9gSE1WpP4snxkcp

Celebrity Provides Exclusive New Perk for VIP Passengers

Wow. And I just thought it was too funny. Guess not. :rolleyes:

Hi All,

I couldn't help but read these post's and thinking they were very funny. I am a hard working slob that just upgraded my December cruise to a Signature Suite just for the experience. I am hoping to get some special treatment on a dirty red carpeting for spending that much money on a cruise, I can't wait. Thanks for the great posts, now I am stoked.:)

Karen

Well I personally love it. I'm in a suite on infinity next week and will don my crown and walk across the 10 feet of red carpet with grace and aplomb, then go straight to the bar and down a few beverages like the classy lady wot I am.. :p

you go girl!!:D

Now this is the type of super duper elite perk I've been talking about. Certainly cost effective with little or no impact on the bottom line. A velvet roped section in the theater and now a red carpeted walkway, thtat's how you say "SPECIAL"!

This made me laugh out loud and I so agree. VIPs need more of these perks to make them feel truly appreciated.

There have been times in my life where I was really a VIP. At least that was the designation. Honestly, I enjoyed some of the special treatment, but at times I felt quite self conscious and embarrassed. I recognized that special things were done not because of who I was, but rather what others perceived I could do for them. Had my 15 minutes and I'm quite satisfied that its over. It's not about red carpets and velvet ropes, but rather about the responsibility to help and serve others.

This VIP line must be part of the new VIP program. Can't remember where I read about it... but each cruise will have passengers designated as VIPs based on whatever X wants for that cruise. It might be someone "famous" or someone who works for the company. Maybe just for being in a RS or PH. What I read said that they will decide on a cruise by cruise basis and it depends on the passengers onboard who will get this "title". VIP will appear on their seapass card, too.

Archived