The New Celebrity Captains Club is Here!

danrad

I reported on another thread "problems with Captain's Club conversion..." a conversation I had today with a Celebrity Executive in the Loyalty program. They called me, I didn't call them. I discuss the episode on the other thread. You may want to read it, or not.

Edited by Orator

It would certainly be very difficult for Celebrity to make an exception for only one person. You may be the closest person to Elite. I thought that everyone with 8 points received enough bonus points to obtain Elite on their next cruise which would be where you should have been after the first half of your B2B. Hopefully in time you will feel different about the situation as you are really close to what you desire. On one hand I am glad that Celebrity is being consistent by not making exception I do feel bad for you. Good luck if you decide to start over on another cruise line.

I believe this situation developed because outbound09 8 old credits after the first of his B2B cruise gave him 240 plus the 25 bonus point for 265 point and the second cruise, a 15 night TA, only got him 30 points for a total of 295 points or 5 short of getting Elite status.

Edited by robtulipe

I believe this situation developed because outbound09 8 old credits after the first of his B2B cruise gave him 240 plus the 25 bonus point for 265 point and the second cruise, a 15 night TA, only got him 30 points for a total of 295 points or 5 short of getting Elite status.

Most likely happened like that. It was poor form by X to treat people who were already showing loyalty like that.:D

Thanks for the explanation. I had forgot.

You are in the Port Everglades area and X's last week special event sales had Z inside gty on Connie for tomorrow's 5 night sailing at $129. Also watch the Century 3 night sailing for Feb.12th as the ship is more than 3/4 empty for that sailing. I've been watching it since we are on the following 8 night cruise. This cruise and the two 8 nighters that follow it were only added this past summer as a result of the shorten dry dock for Century so it hasn't been available for a long time. Lowest price, for an inside, went down $90 to $179 just before the final payment date which was Dec.14)

Wow, that's a fantastic deal. Wish we got pricing like that! It would make moving up the loyalty ladder much more pleasurable.

I would be pissed also but I would opt to go the short cruise route to get to Elite. You are in the Port Everglades area and X's last week special event sales had Z inside gty on Connie for tomorrow's 5 night sailing at $129. Also watch the Century 3 night sailing for Feb.12th as the ship is more than 3/4 empty for that sailing. I've been watching it since we are on the following 8 night cruise. This cruise and the two 8 nighters that follow it were only added this past summer as a result of the shorten dry dock for Century so it hasn't been available for a long time. Lowest price, for an inside, went down $90 to $179 just before the final payment date which was Dec.14. I expect the pricing to drop substantially more when X starts offering this cruise as part of their weekly special sales event which, IMO, will surely happen. We will be in the Ft. Lauderdale area already so we don't have to make any special travel arrangements to add the Feb.12th cruise. ;)

Keep in mind that with the new points system you only get 10 points for a 5 night cruise in an inside cabin and 6 points for the 3 night cruise. Under the old system one would have received 30 points for each. The short cruises are no longer a deal for moving up the loyalty ladder.

Keep in mind that with the new points system you only get 10 points for a 5 night cruise in an inside cabin and 6 points for the 3 night cruise. Under the old system one would have received 30 points for each. The short cruises are no longer a deal for moving up the loyalty ladder.

Yes, I realize that is now the case and actually why the Capt's Club award program have been changed so one now can't get to be Elite after five short cruises in a concierge cabin.

Outbound09 only needs 5 points to be Elite so why not do a cheap sell off short cruise so he will have Elite benefits on his next longer cruise with the added benefit he will be cruising again for just over $100 plus taxes/fees.;)

That may be true, but when the cruises are that cheap, it is great value to earn a few more points.

Yes, I realize that is now the case and actually why the Capt's Club award program have been changed so one now can't get to be Elite after five short cruises in a concierge cabin.

Outbound09 only needs 5 points to be Elite so why not do a cheap sell off short cruise so he will have Elite benefits on his next longer cruise with the added benefit he will be cruising again for just over $100 plus taxes/fees.;)

Plus getting a great cruise for a small amount of money either way!

You are correct about short cruises in terms of old points. However, a day in a balcony on a 3 day. Is worth as much new points as a day in a balcony on a 14 day. People will now need to calculate how many total days at how many points they need to move to the next level. When will you be on Reflection in January?

Interesting. When did the 15 night TA depart? Was it before or after November 25?

That is the best plan in this situation, especially if one has the time.

The second half of his B2B departed Nov. 24 but Celebrity says the new program started Nov. 23 - even though it wasn't announced until Nov. 25.

:(

I was tracking my point count while onboard and on the 23rd, point conversion took place including the as yet uncompleted cruise from Istanbul to Rome.

On the 25th we received a letter onboard outlining the new Zenith program to take effect on our next cruise, not the one that we were on because the cruise started before the Nov. 25th start date.

The second half of his B2B departed Nov. 24 but Celebrity says the new program started Nov. 23 - even though it wasn't announced until Nov. 25.

:(

I think that if someone was on a B2B prior to the change, all of their cruises should be consider under the old program. They purchased their cruises as a package deal at the same time and I don't feel that it should be split between the two programs. Just IMHO!

I was tracking my point count while onboard and on the 23rd, point conversion took place including the as yet uncompleted cruise from Istanbul to Rome.

On the 25th we received a letter onboard outlining the new Zenith program to take effect on our next cruise, not the one that we were on because the cruise started before the Nov. 25th start date.

As a preface- we don't have a horse in this race.

We are some of the few that remain in the exact same position either way.

Anyways, I feel really badly for people like outbound09.

The program didn't start until Nov. 25 for benefits (as you stated) but points conversion was retroactively started Nov. 23.

Sure doesn't seem right to me! :(

The program didn't start until Nov. 25 for benefits (as you stated) but points conversion was retroactively started Nov. 23.

Since we are far above the threshold, the change in point count is not significant for us. We are so happy with the new perks that we consider them truly worth waiting for.

Those people who were on board any of the ships sailing during the transition who thought they had crossed the finish line towards elite should be allowed special dispensation. I can't imagine how many, but I doubt there are more than a hundred who thought they had reached Elite but now require one more sailing.

Others might say they were only two cruises away or three or four etc… but Celebrity does and did draw the line. As the dust settles, perhaps there will be a favourable resolution.

As a preface- we don't have a horse in this race.

We are some of the few that remain in the exact same position either way.

Anyways, I feel really badly for people like outbound09.

Our cruise started on the 25th. and I had hoped to get the new benefits - would have loved 200 internet minutes on a transatlantic cruise - but didn't receive anything extra. On the other hand the points we received for that 14-night-cruise in an AQ cabin are considerably less compared to the old system.

I don't really mind any of this and it won't stop me from enjoying each and every cruise I'll take in the next decade or so. We somehow got caught in the conversion system but I won't start counting points now. I'm looking forward to our next cruise in March where I'll be able to send in 4 bags of laundry ( I'll NEVER take that much with me!) and enjoy 400 minutes of internet time hoping the internet connection is not "down" almost all the time as it was last year on a similar itinerary!:rolleyes:

I think that if someone was on a B2B prior to the change, all of their cruises should be consider under the old program. They purchased their cruises as a package deal at the same time and I don't feel that it should be split between the two programs. Just IMHO!

That doesn't make a lot of sense. That means say 90% of cruisers onboard have one set of conditions and the other 10% of b2bers have different conditions. Makes a nightmare to manage - why not have them consistent?

Secondly, it is already that way for other details such as alcohol/duty free handling, and always was that way for points crediting. e.g. if you have a 6 and 5 night b2b, you didn't get credited like an 11 night cruise, you got credited as a 6 night and a 5 night cruise. No reason for it to be different now.

Edited by The_Big_M

That doesn't make a lot of sense. That means say 90% of cruisers onboard have one set of conditions and the other 10% of b2bers have different conditions. Makes a nightmare to manage - why not have them consistent?

Secondly, it is already that way for other details such as alcohol/duty free handling, and always was that way for points crediting. e.g. if you have a 6 and 5 night b2b, you didn't get credited like an 11 night cruise, you got credited as a 6 night and a 5 night cruise. No reason for it to be different now.

There is also no guarantee they "purchased their cruises as a package deal at the same time," making them virtually one cruise. I agree, it doesn't make sense to treat them the same.

I think it makes more sense than those few that have paid for cruises that feel that they should get the old program points for them even though they cruised or will cruise when the new program is in effect. Especially since some of these cruisers are on 3 or 4 night cruises and want 30 or 60 points for their cruise, when they would get probably either 6, 9 or 15 or more points for a 3 night cruise or 8, 12 or 20 points or more for a 4 night cruise under the new program. Does that sound fair and sensible? At least those on a B2B during the change were already on a ship and I think that should be taken into consideration.

I think it makes more sense than those few that have paid for cruises that feel that they should get the old program points for them even though they cruised or will cruise when the new program is in effect. Especially since some of these cruisers are on 3 or 4 night cruises and want 30 or 60 points for their cruise, when they would get probably either 6, 9 or 15 or more points for a 3 night cruise or 8, 12 or 20 points or more for a 4 night cruise under the new program. Does that sound fair and sensible? At least those on a B2B during the change were already on a ship and I think that should be taken into consideration.

I really don't see why there should be any exceptions. We were on a cruise that left 11/26 and have another booked and paid for in early January. We would have received a lot more points under the old system, but that system is gone. Was I disappointed and wished that the effective date was later? Of course, but I don't make the rules. It will take us a very long time now to get to Elite+--maybe never. I'm still happy with Celebrity and will continue to cruise on their ships. I see no reason to start over with another line just because they changed their program.

I really don't see why there should be any exceptions. We were on a cruise that left 11/26 and have another booked and paid for in early January. We would have received a lot more points under the old system, but that system is gone. Was I disappointed and wished that the effective date was later? Of course, but I don't make the rules. It will take us a very long time now to get to Elite+--maybe never. I'm still happy with Celebrity and will continue to cruise on their ships. I see no reason to start over with another line just because they changed their program.

I don't either, other than those on a B2B, because after all they were on a cruise prior to and after (with no interuption) when the changes came about. If Celebrity only wants to take care of those that purchased both legs at the same time (easy to check, since there is probably not that many), I think that would be fair. BTW, if you are wondering, I'm not one of those cruisers.

The old system is gone, but what I've been responding to is the poster that wants Celebrity to give everyone with paid cruises the old point system on those cruises and then give people who can drop everything and cruise in the next couple of months the old program and I think that is totally unfair for the majority of Celebrity's customers.

I'm very happy with the system as well (I've voiced that on here and to Celebrity via email and phone), even though my next cruise would have gotten me to Elite, but under the new system, it won't. No big deal, a change of plans to cruise after a wedding than before it and a lot more $$'s solves the issue. I might make Elite+, but I'll be pretty old (I'm old now) and will never see Zenith unless they bury me on a ship and count each leg and give me the tier posthumously LOL, but again that is okay, because being Elite+ or Zenith isn't what it is all about for me as long as I continue to have great cruising experiences. I think Celebrity was fair to every customers with the changes.

I admire your attitude, many on here with paid cruises feel that they should get special treatment, but you had a cruise right after the changes and another in January and feel that the program should stay intact. I hope you enjoy your January cruise and all those to come.

Edited by NLH Arizona

You are correct about short cruises in terms of old points. However, a day in a balcony on a 3 day. Is worth as much new points as a day in a balcony on a 14 day. People will now need to calculate how many total days at how many points they need to move to the next level.

Very true, we are in the new world now.:D