why do so many seem so greedy? Not Every benefit will be of value to Every cruiser

cruisegirl1

The easiest change would be elites can get up to $8 drinks and elite+ would be allowed up to $12 drinks...or coupons good at any time. That would have been so simple with relatively little real increased expense... The specialty restaurant discount is almost insulting since most all of us find those restaurants have bigger discounts offered already. The Internet time was a good plus, although we don't need more...added cost to celebrity is zero. Discount on drink packages is very little lost revenue...and if 1-2-3 is the new norm, who cares.

I'm not complaining...anything free is welcome....but you asked.

Great idea about the different maximum cost drinks for the different tiers, hopefully Celebrity will take a look at it.

Sorry, didn't know that they specialty restaurants offered bigger discounts, possibly a free dinner at a specialty restaurant might be a good addition and since they already offer nice discounts, this would not be too much of a cost to Celebrity.

Thanks for your ideas.

Just when I thought that this thread would be about the fact that people should be thankful for what Celebrity has decided to give....the "they should have, why didn't they,I was hoping for but" greed that the OP spoke of creeps in.:(

I guess I'll go back to the "did they get it right?" Thread & read about their perceived slights. Oh well:confused::confused:

Just when I thought that this thread would be about the fact that people should be thankful for what Celebrity has decided to give....the "they should have, why didn't they,I was hoping for but" greed that the OP spoke of creeps in.:(

I guess I'll go back to the "did they get it right?" Thread & read about their perceived slights. Oh well:confused::confused:

Exactly my thoughts. I was pleased to see the OP post just a good thread, then a couple of unhappy people who want more,, more, more just had to post didn't they.

Well I guess I got labeled for suggesting that Celebrity expand their new specialty coffee perk to include the specialty teas!! I will likely not reach that level anyway or at least for another 5 years.

We used one coupon from the sheet on our last cruise .. just a bag of laundry. One glass of wine is enough liquor for me in a day. The food at the Elite coffee party does not entice us as we just want our oatmeal and boiled eggs. We would rather be walking laps outside anyway. I am NOT a complainer in any way. I have never used the internet on the ship . I am on vacation. I did have 2 items press once. Then the coupons get tossed in the garbage. ..And we keep our cabin very tidy to make less work for the room stewards. My husband has a habit of cleaning our table at the buffet and we have never chair hogged.

We thank all the crew at any chance we get and cruise just to enjoy being at sea.

So everyone who makes a suggestion should not be labeled as an entitled complainer.

Now I guess I will get flamed again:rolleyes:

The poster voice an opinion that Elite+ was nothing more than a plastic card, so what is wrong with asking them for an opinion on how the Elite+ tier could be improved to make it more exciting to him. He was not saying that he needed these things or upset that they were not being given something (nor was I with my suggestions, because I will probably never make Elite+ as I will only be Elite after my next cruise), just something that he thinks would add to the excitement of the program. Where is that being greedy? I never read anywhere on this thread that anyone was upset and threatening to leave Celebrity because they weren't getting certain perks. Haven't read any unhappy posters either.

Sorry ghstudio, I guess I didn't get the rules on what can and can not be posted, otherwise I wouldn't have asked you the question.

Edited by NLH Arizona

NHL asked me a question....I answered it and said I had no complaints about anything that's free. If that offended you, my apologies....

NHL asked me a question....I answered it and said I had no complaints about anything that's free. If that offended you, my apologies....

Sorry, ghstudio, the posters rant should have been directed to me for asking you a question, not you for giving an honest answer.

Edited by NLH Arizona

For those who are astounded that anyone could question the benefits or offer suggestions for improvements, please read Host Andy's post #5 above.

I am very happy with the benefits as they have been rolled out, but because someone else may have issues with them does not automatically throw them into the ME ME ME, whiner, hackneyed "entitled" pen.

I love the little chocolates! We're usually too stuffed to eat them at night (since we have to have pizza before going to bed every night - we are sooo bad) so we bring the pile home and enjoy them for weeks.

I do exactly the same with the chocolates! I metered out all the ones I saved from the 37 day Millennium cruise in April (DH doesn't eat them) and just replenished my supply on the Eclipse 2 weeks ago. Yum....it's those little chocolates that keep me coming back.:D

We also stash them out of sight of the room steward - one cruise he saw the pile and incorrectly assumed we didn't want any more so stopped putting them out. Now we hide them every day so he thinks we're eating them! :D

have you been in my cabin? I do the same thing and have turn down candy at night for weeks.

but my favorite perk is the internet so i am glad they raised the bar.

I have to say that I was very surprised at how much Celebrity "gives away".

On several occasions during our last cruise we spoke to Elites on tables next to us and almost all of them were just drinking tap water because they had had all the alcohol they wanted free at the Elite gathering.

Given that so many cabins go "cheap" to fill up the boat I would have thought that it was essential that the occupants of those cabins spend on board. With free drinks, laundry, internet access etc etc Celebrity must be missing out quite a chunk of revenue.

I can understand giving one free drink per evening but three seems excessive.

I also think that the Captains Club FREE extras are more than generous.

We have just become elite, after 5 cruises with Celebrity. Even though we are Caribbean level with P&O, we choose to cruise on Celebrity, and will continue to do so. We too were very surprised how easy it was to get to the top tier (at the time) with Celebrity. When you look at some of the other companies, the qualifying points for their top tiers are eye watering! On P&O, you don't reach Caribbean unless you have 2001+ points. Bearing in mind you receive 10 points for every night on board, you have to cruise in excess of 28 weeks to reach this level. No extra points for suites etc, and apart from a cocktail party, lunch and 1/2 bott sparkling wine, the only real benefit is 10% off your on board account. This only kicks in after you've used any obc you may have!

Compare this to your free internet, free cocktail hour, pressing, dry cleaning and laundry……………… you get my drift.

Try and imagine how many Elites there would be if you had to sail a minimum of 28 weeks to get there :eek:

As I posted on another thread, we will probably never reach Elite+, but I don't actually give a jot! I cruise with Celebrity because I love the ships and the staff, and feel they offer everything we look for in a cruise holiday.

Go Celebrity :D

Lou

Edited by Lovemychoos

We also stash them out of sight of the room steward - one cruise he saw the pile and incorrectly assumed we didn't want any more so stopped putting them out. Now we hide them every day so he thinks we're eating them! :D

Funny. I put mine in the Frig.

We hide them too. I think there are squirrels back up the line somewhere.:D Hope to meet you on a cruise someday.

Or, to put things in a slightly different perspective, Rich ;). I just ran across one of my cruise-buddies, on another thread. She's been battling back from a horrendous round of chemo -- trying to get her strength back, for a future cruise. :( So, the new Captain's Club -- it's all good.

Edited by wwcruisers

Yes, Cruisegirl1 Thank you so much for the positive feedback. I happen to be one of the ones who paid for the Captain's Club membership when it was first started and feel that it was well worth the price and have fully recouped the cost. Celebrity does a wonderful job and they are my choice of cruise company and they always make me feel special and have done so from my very first cruise with them.

Is is so sad that in today's world there are so many who do not appreciate what is given to them or what they have in life, your post was refrehsing and gives hope that there are still people in the world that appreciate what they have in life and that is is not owed to them. Thanks again for the wonderful post.

Debbie

I think that some of the people who write on CC must act completely different when on a cruise...never have I run in to a rude person while onboard, nor have I heard anyone complaining about perks or their Celebrity social class. It is only on this board that some vent their feelings, and even that doesn't really bother me. However, those who are condescending in nature to others really infuriates me! For there is no need to be rude when making a comment to or about what someone else has said. All this does is keep the negative flowing...some people will never be happy, and that is their choice! Just remember that what you write is out there for all to see, so play nicely, please!

Edited by Lastdance

I might be missing something here. My wife & I just returned from the Transpacific Cruise from Hawaii to Sydney, Australia, sailing via Papeete, Moorea, Bora Bora, Suva & Noumea....all very nice.

We never purchased a coffee card or drink card.....perhaps its because we only have one coffee each per day, and that was in Cafe Al Bacio, and depending on the time of day, we never had a problem getting a nice chair/table, service was efficient, and quite quick. we just signed the docket for the 2 coffees.

As for unlimited sodas, etc, we don't drink soft drinks. Our daily intake of alcohol was roughly as follows - Late afternoon at the Mastbar, I had a tall glass of beer, and my wife had a cocktail of some sort. Then in the MDR we ordered a bottle of wine to go with our meal, and if we didn't finish the bottle, our kind waiter stored it away to finish the next night.

LastDance, I tend to agree with you. We sometimes get postings from sour persons on this chatboard, yet onboard the ship, I never heard anyone complaining about coffee, drinks,beers etc.....everyone I came across on our cruise were very happy and enjoying the cruise.

Widebay,

I think the current culture supports making complaints public, but not making praises public.

Just look at the member reviews of cruises. The people who were totally satisfied hardly ever post a review, but the people with a gripe are certain to let the world know that they did not get what they expected.

I'm an old lady of 67 and I refuse to play into these cultural games. I know what I like and I know what I don't like and no "cheerleader" or "cranky crab unhappy carper" is going to influence me.

Life is too darned short to be bothered by negative Nellies. Ignore them and enjoy your cruises.

I just reread every post in this thread and i can't find any that are rude, hateful, non appreciative. What am I missing...or are the comments aimed at my post which fundamentally said the perks were nice, but we don't use them and I'd give most of mine to someone who feels slighted.

???

No gripe here :D.

After 51 days cruising we have (6 old) 180 points. Rightly so as a 3-4 day cruise got the same points as the 10-11 day cruises and I, living far from port, always take longer cruises. That was when I was unhappy.

If I could have done short cruises I would have been Elite by now with that many days accrued.

The new point system, accounting for days sailed instead of cruises taken, works much better for folks like me.

Cheers, h.

I think that most decent and thoughtful people don't really care about a free bag of laundry. Some want recognition for spending a large sum with Celebrity. I am just thinking that the loyalty programs have only brought out the worst in some people. Too many complainers.

I don't pretend to know the first thing about running a cruise line, but let me try; maybe X should consider offering a choice of gifts upon reaching each loyalty tier and leave it at that. Even a simple thank you letter of recognition would go a long way.

All I know is that I love Celebrity service. I love everything they do. It's a brand I really believe in.m.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app