Where did you end up after the Captain's Club Shuffle?

kelmac

What Captain's Club Category are you in?  

573 members have voted

1. 1. What Captain's Club Category are you in?

• I'm not a member of the Captain's Club
    • I'm in Preview
    • I'm in Classic
    • I'm in Select
    • I'm in Elite
    • I'm in Elite Plus
    • I'm in Zenith

We are Classic. Just completed a TA in a veranda and with 3 cruises on Celebrity in the queue, we would have had 10 credits by April/14. However, we will end up 210 or so points. For us, the changes failed to take into account those of us with booked cruises. There is no incentive for us at this point to continue with Celebrity after April/14.

We are Classic. Just completed a TA in a veranda and with 3 cruises on Celebrity in the queue, we would have had 10 credits by April/14. However, we will end up 210 or so points. For us, the changes failed to take into account those of us with booked cruises. There is no incentive for us at this point to continue with Celebrity after April/14.

You realize that with your April 2014 TA, it looks like you'll get 70pts or more and be at 280pts which means with one more cruise (7days) you'll be Elite. You wouldn't be Elite until after your April cruise under the old system, and now it just takes one cruise after that to make Elite under the new. That can be irratating, but do you really mean you'd walk away from a Line that you are one cruise short of reaching a benefit tier you seem to want?

It is too bad Celebrity didn't allow those with reservations to get the old points and then get 30pts for them, but after you make one cruise after your TA, you'll be Elite. If you move over to another Line, I'd assume you aren't in a tier that gives you comperable benefits, and once you are Elite and continue to cruise, I'd think you'll not be that concerned it took you one more cruise.

But that is up to you. Each of us have different criteria on chosing cruise lines and itineraries.

Den

I'm a net loser under the new system. That's okay, just more reasons to cruise. Should need an additional 3 cruises to become Zenith. Must admit that I look forward to it and the free cruise at the end of the rainbow. Find that the Elite + benefits are wonderful. Really not much for me to gain at Zenith level, but would be appreciated after all tose cruises.

I'm a net loser under the new system. That's okay, just more reasons to cruise. Should need an additional 3 cruises to become Zenith. Must admit that I look forward to it and the free cruise at the end of the rainbow. Find that the Elite + benefits are wonderful. Really not much for me to gain at Zenith level, but would be appreciated after all tose cruises.

You are tough unless you are kidding us? You are kidding right? You have a major win IMO.

I think everyone who looks to the future would note that it's going to take more cruises to move up through the Captain's Club levels, compared to the old system. But, heck -- that's what we all said about the old system -- "it was too easy to achieve Elite Status." This new system seems to take care of that.

Our next cruise (next week) is 15 nights in an inside cabin. We will move to 900 points after that cruise, and under the old system with the 30:1 conversion, we would be at 930 points. I don't feel like I'm going to lose anything! Will we make it to Zenith some day -- I don't think so, although our Cruising habits will remain the same.

I like the new system and I think Celebrity got it right! As for the new Zenith level folks and those moving into that level --- Congratulations, you deserve every perk! That's a bunch of cruises and whole lot of money, and I'm glad Celebrity is rewarding their best customers!!

Enjoy!

Kel:)

We live in California so it is very hard to get points. Their are hardly any Celebrity ships out of California. We were select and stayed select. I think a lot of it is in my head to become elite. We had 7 points. The reason why I want elite is for the drinks other than that not much different. What happen now is it will be very hard to get points if you cruise inside cabin. We usually go window if the difference of money is big for a veranda. For me what matter is when will Celebrity or Royal Caribbean bring a ship to California????? Thank I can become elite much easier.

You are tough unless you are kidding us? You are kidding right? You have a major win IMO.

Not kidding. I've posted on this topic before and will not add to my past comments. The benefits are great and appreciated, but the old system took me a lot closer to Zenith.

We live in California so it is very hard to get points. Their are hardly any Celebrity ships out of California. We were select and stayed select. I think a lot of it is in my head to become elite. We had 7 points. The reason why I want elite is for the drinks other than that not much different. What happen now is it will be very hard to get points if you cruise inside cabin. We usually go window if the difference of money is big for a veranda. For me what matter is when will Celebrity or Royal Caribbean bring a ship to California????? Thank I can become elite much easier.

Truly, you're not going to get much sympathy from those of us in the Midwest.

For what it's worth, Celebrity has ships leaving from Seattle and Vancouver all summer long.

For what it's worth, Celebrity has ships leaving from Seattle and Vancouver all summer long.

We were spoiled for a while when the Mercury was home ported in San Diego and RCI had two ships in LA.

Granted few ships leave from the midwest ;)

This is true, but I wish they would send a Solstice-class ship down the California coast just once in the summer.

My daughter is a teacher and I would love to take her and my granddaughter on more cruises, which is so much easier to do when you don't have to fly across the continent. We have been to Alaska twice and would really like to take them on a pacific coastal itinerary. If Celebrity offered it while school is out, we would do that itinerary every year, especially on an S-class ship. Lots of great ports on the West Coast too!

We were spoiled for a while when the Mercury was home ported in San Diego and RCI had two ships in LA.

Granted few ships leave from the midwest ;)

The only nearby coast is on our Great Lakes. ;)

“Distance makes the heart grow fonder.”

Now if I lived in California I would not to "have to" get on a cruise ship to get away from the cold.

We live in California so it is very hard to get points. Their are hardly any Celebrity ships out of California. We were select and stayed select. I think a lot of it is in my head to become elite. We had 7 points. The reason why I want elite is for the drinks other than that not much different.

We cruise for the lifestyle and warm weather. There are many cheaper ways to get a drink than forcing oneself to cruise more often for a free one.;)

I think everyone who looks to the future would note that it's going to take more cruises to move up through the Captain's Club levels, compared to the old system. But, heck -- that's what we all said about the old system -- "it was too easy to achieve Elite Status." This new system seems to take care of that.

Our next cruise (next week) is 15 nights in an inside cabin. We will move to 900 points after that cruise, and under the old system with the 30:1 conversion, we would be at 930 points. I don't feel like I'm going to lose anything! Will we make it to Zenith some day -- I don't think so, although our Cruising habits will remain the same.

I like the new system and I think Celebrity got it right! As for the new Zenith level folks and those moving into that level --- Congratulations, you deserve every perk! That's a bunch of cruises and whole lot of money, and I'm glad Celebrity is rewarding their best customers!!

Enjoy!

I had stopped reading the threads about the new Captain's Club levels as I was tired of the whining and complaining, particularly when posters begin to whine about issues which were not Captain's Club perks such as chocolates and the lack of "Midnight Bites." But I started reading this thread, and it is so nice to read reasonable posts. I agree with Kel and some of the others.

My husband and I are now in the Elite+ tier, and are very satisfied with our perks. I do believe that Celebrity "got it right."

This is true, but I wish they would send a Solstice-class ship down the California coast just once in the summer.

My daughter is a teacher and I would love to take her and my granddaughter on more cruises, which is so much easier to do when you don't have to fly across the continent. We have been to Alaska twice and would really like to take them on a pacific coastal itinerary. If Celebrity offered it while school is out, we would do that itinerary every year, especially on an S-class ship. Lots of great ports on the West Coast too!

Elena,

We are taking a California coastal this April on the Century. Not a Solstice Class ship, but still Celebrity. We are going to be on the Century twice in the next four months. Last chance, as this ship is apparently sold to a European company and will leave the fleet in 2015. My wife is a teacher and this coastal cruise matches up to her spring break.

Enjoy!

Is there more of an incentive to cruise with another line?

I'm a net loser under the new system. Should need an additional 3 cruises to become Zenith.

How?

You stated before you needed 40 cruises to move up and would only be taking 1-2 Celebrity cruises per year. How did that change to only needing 3 cruises? Did they give you extra points?

Edited by Jade13

How?

I've explained it in other posts. On Silhouette now and will have more time to discuss when I return. The thrust of my argument is that cruises booked and paid for under the rules in force at the time of final payment should not be modified in a way that gives less benefit to those who have booked. I have discover cases on Silhouette where some have been allowed to count points under e old system if it would make them Elite at the end of the cruise. This should be applied equally regardless of level.

Not kidding. I've posted on this topic before and will not add to my past comments. The benefits are great and appreciated, but the old system took me a lot closer to Zenith.

My point is that you were not closer to Zenith because it did not exist unless you are referencing the previous unofficial version?

Same with your current Elite+.

I still believe you are better off now than before.

We also did Alaska 3 times out of Seattle but even than you need to fly and when you are a senior it is not so simple. We just took Carnival for 4 days out of Long Beach Ca. it was OK but just OK. We are booked on the Mercury in April and did that ship 3 times.

We also did Alaska 3 times out of Seattle but even than you need to fly and when you are a senior it is not so simple. We just took Carnival for 4 days out of Long Beach Ca. it was OK but just OK. We are booked on the Mercury in April and did that ship 3 times.

Hi:) I hope you meant to say you are booked on CENTURY for April:D

Mercury is no longer in the fleet:(..she was sold more than a couple

of years ago..........

We've been Elite but now do not know what we are. How do we

find out?

If you remember how many "points" you had before the new system, just multiply that number of 30. For example, we had 39 "old" points, so now have 1170 under the new system.

Your loyalty points will also be found on the Celebrity website if you have a "My Celebrity" account.