The Converse - Food item Celebrity could take off the menu.

neverbeenhere

Crab louis was delicious but is already replaced by shrimp louis...a vastly inferiour dish.

I say get rid of the Warm Water lobster that is as tough as a shoesole, and replace it by Canadian Lobster ( or Maine , they ARE the same animals) just like Carnival has decided to do.

Oh and get rid of the Risottos. It is impossible to make a Quality risotto for a 1000 passengers, and it always show.

Most of the new food in the aqua spa cafe.

The one that should go instantly is the "daily special" pork rolls....ground pork put on top of a lettuce leaf that is so small you can't even wrap it around the sides, let alone make it into a roll....just awful.

I would also dump the deviled egg "daily special" because it doesn't take 15 minutes to make a deviled egg (and the three halves I was served had a crust on the yolk so they had been made hours earlier even though I had to wait 15 minutes for them)...and they are tasteless.

Sorry but are you crazy? If you don't like escargot don't order it. If you do like it it is yummy. See the other thread for people who couldn't wait for it to be back om the menu.

Yummmmm. We had it almost every might. Cruise highlight.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Forums mobile app

Anything that I don't personally care for or order. Isn't that basically what these posts come down to - personal tastes and opinions of how a particular dish is prepared or presented? I have to believe that the cruiseline has a good handle on just how popular its various menu items are and if a particular item receives few if any requests, it will eventually be dropped from the menu. (And then we can read all the complaints that someone's favorite menu item is no longer available).:D

Some things need to stay but need to be improved.

The duck breast was BAD and the waiter told us so before and after(when we raised the issue) the order.

Bad as in : poor taste, tough, not trimmed properly.

We should have tried it again somewhere but could not be bothered too many other good choices.

The sushi on the buffet could be lot better.

I know this will be an unpopular vote, but I say dump the escargot. I loved the mushroom substitute.

:eek::eek:

The single worst "substitute" EVER!!!

Crab stuffed mushrooms... yuk!!!

Serve it to the krill. :cool:

My vote is to ban it from land and sea!!! :p

drillerkriller-300x225.jpg

(NO!!!! Please don't make us eat that!!!)

Edited by A Sixth?

for the 3rd time in 13 months. TBH...the food was just bad. Only 2 meals in the MDR were good...thank goodness one of them was the T-Day meal. And it wasn't just me/DH who felt this way...many long time X cruisers were upset. And what is strange...is that in Oct. of last year and April of this year the food was A-OK. We were told that the chef position was "in transition"...a new one just getting on and an old one getting off! :confused: To our mind...neither one of them producing food that was that great! I know that food is subjective...and we have sailed many times on X and love the line...hoping it was a "one off" because of the shift change. We are on Infinity in early Feb....we'll see how that goes!? Sure hope it's much better! LuAnn

LuAnn, I'm hoping things improve before our cruise in February.

Tuggers has a review posted here, and she seems to think the food isn't up to Celebrity's standards either.

My dh does not like old(er) ships. He prefers new decor, up to date entertainment, etc. I had to convince him to cruise on Century because of her status in the fleet, which included excellent cuisine.

The MDR food on our Century Alaska cruise this past June was the worst we've ever experienced on a Celebrity cruise. Sent my entree back three out of the six nights we ate there and walked out of the Grand Gala buffet. So based on that cruise, I would have replied change the entire menu and chefs. Fast forward to our Oct 31 Silhouette sailing, and the difference was a complete 180 degrees. Best MDR food we've had on Celebrity since RCI took them over with the exception of the lobster tails. While they much are better than that seafood medley they were serving the past few years, they are still just OK. Guess that's one of the reasons they want us to go to Murano's to get them.

I would get rid of the "lobster tails". The lobsters from Maine are upset and mentioned what they serve are not deserving of that name on cruise ships. Call it something else!

The chocolate cake is pretty nasty...

Crab louis was delicious but is already replaced by shrimp louis...a vastly inferiour dish.

Yours must have been far different from what I was served; maybe mine was a terrible glitch or they had run low on the right provisions on the transatlantic.

Edited by CanWeGoYet?

I agree about the Kobe meat loaf in Blu. Looks like an upturned can of cat food.

The gnocchi anyplace on the ship is terrible. I'm Italian and I've made it and though chewy, it shouldn't be the consistency of drying wallpaper paste balls.

Maybe I'm a lobster purist and strongly prefer cold water lobster, but then putting warm water lobster in a bowl of broth (or foam or whatever Blu wants to call it) was terrible.

I love escargot and was glad to see its return and loved it in October on the Millennium, but last week on the Reflection, they'd cut up one little snail and divide it amongst the 6 little butter wells and fill w/ butter and wave a clove of garlic over the top. Kind of like the loaves and fishes… but you can't feed an entire ship w/ 1 snail! :eek: Disappointing.

I'll have to warn my brother (loves meatloaf) and my husband (loves lobster bisque, though has never found a good one on a ship) to not order either of these dishes in Blu next May. ;)

I know this will be an unpopular vote, but I say dump the escargot. I loved the mushroom substitute.

Fully agree with you!

Don't agree! :eek: Mushrooms were horrible (and I love mushrooms!) So glad to see the Escargot back on the Century this past September.

Also, the lobster was surprisingly good and large on the Century whereas it has not been on the Solstice class ships.

Edited by Iamthesea

I've noticed in the past two years that Celebrity is using a lesser quality of Beef. It is tender, but lacks any natural flavor -- because of this, you will see three sauces used in the Lawn Grill. Reminds me of Holland America's Pinnacle Grill.

Another example is the introduction of the Tenderloin Medaillons Wellington Style in Muranos-- Hide subpar beef in breading with a sauce -- Yuck!

Over-all, I still love Celebrity's Cuisine.

Kel