AQ or CC on Eclipse

ncdachsiemom

I have a chance to upgrade from a Concierge Class C2 angled balcony room to an Aqua Class room with a large angled balcony...at no additional charge. Is Blu worth it....I understand I can still eat in the MDR every night if I choose to, but wondering if trying the food in Blu is worth doing the upgrade. Does anyone have a current Blu menu? All I can find show just one day. Thanks for your opinions!

If, as you stated the upgrade is NO CHARGE, then take it.

BLU is a wonderful experience, and there are other perks as well, such as the persian garden.

If you find you dislike BLU, unlikely-but remotely possible, then you may be able to dine in the MDR anyway.

Grab it....

Even if you land up not eating in BLU, the other perks such as free bottled water every day, the greatest shower, use of the Persian gardens, hassle free and relaxing breakfast. etc.

We upgraded last time for a very minor dollar amount from a large angled balcony to a regular balcony in AQ and still felt it was very worth it. We ate with friends every second day in the MDR with no problems, just let the maître d' know you are doing that.

We love AQ. Had a corner extended balcony. Have booked again on Equinox for next year. We are basic meat and potato eaters, but our friends are "foodies" and understand all the ingredients, etc. The food was great, and there is always, New York strip, chicken and salmon if you don't find that special something you want from the Blu menu. The service was unbelievable. Between the Elite Happy Hour and Blu we met so many wonderful people. And yes, these rooms are under a public deck, but not too bad for us. We were 1552,4,6, etc. and near the T-pool and hot tub. Adult area and more refined activity. Hope this helps, also enjoyed the breakfasts as well. Love that asparagus for breakfast. Know you will enjoy the ship. It looks absolutely brand new. (Could use a little more night life, didn't dance once in two weeks, missed that but was so port intensive this body was ready to hit the sack before the music started in the Starlight Lounge later on.)

Have a great cruise. Kathryn

I guess I would take it for free, but every time I look at the Deck Plans I think they created AquaClass to move these badly located cabins.

We got Aqua room for less that a Concierge. They might be asking you to take Aqua room so they can sell your room for a higher price. Ceck online for prices.

For us the locations does not seem that bad. We like the A2 locations better than A1. The food in Blu for me is not that great. Breakfast is nice, but the tables for 2 are so close. You almost have to talk to the people next to you. Blu seems to have more fowl, duck, pheasant. Just not my type of food. One night it was so bad we went to Select Dining. I had the meat loaf another night it looked like cat food. In the end I'm planning on giving Aqua another chance.

We got Aqua room for less that a Concierge. They might be asking you to take Aqua room so they can sell your room for a higher price. Richard

I would check out what is above you. That would be a major factor for me. As for Aqua class and Blu, Eclipse is just awesome. The service is great and the food is among the best of the Blu restaurants. Check out the Persian Garden as that could be a nice perk for you as well. Good luck!

At no charge go for it, if only for the shower and breakfast! I am not a great fan of dinners in Blu, but I just booked Silhouette and Concierge and the A2's were the same price, so I plumped for Aqua, knowing that I have the option to eat in Blu if I want to. I'm hoping I will be pleasantly surprised this time :)

Hey folks, we've never sailed in AQ; some of the posts above seem to treat it as a given that people in AQ who decide not to have dinner in Blu can readily eat in the MDR. Is this true, or do you need permission each time (if so, from whom), and might that be denied (e.g., for space issues)? I'm just trying to get a sense of how easy it is or isn't for AQ pax to eat in the MDR.

Thanks!

Hey folks, we've never sailed in AQ; some of the posts above seem to treat it as a given that people in AQ who decide not to have dinner in Blu can readily eat in the MDR. Is this true, or do you need permission each time (if so, from whom), and might that be denied (e.g., for space issues)? I'm just trying to get a sense of how easy it is or isn't for AQ pax to eat in the MDR.

Thanks!

I believe, though not positive, that you would use the Select Dining area on the nights you went to the MDR.....we've never opted out of Blu for the MDR so not sure...

At no charge go for it, if only for the shower and breakfast! I am not a great fan of dinners in Blu, but I just booked Silhouette and Concierge and the A2's were the same price, so I plumped for Aqua, knowing that I have the option to eat in Blu if I want to. I'm hoping I will be pleasantly surprised this time :)

I totally agree. The shower is great! And the breakfasts are real good in Blu. I don't care being packed like sardine's for dinner. Often when having a conversation with your partner, a person on either your left or right have joined the conversation they are so close. And I don't want to listen to another couple's conversation either. On one cruise, we left for the MDR and a table for 2 so we could have some privacy.

Thanks!

We eat in the MDR more frequently than Blu and have had to neither report to nor request from anyone.

I totally agree. The shower is great! And the breakfasts are real good in Blu. I don't care being packed like sardine's for dinner. Often when having a conversation with your partner, a person on either your left or right have joined the conversation they are so close. And I don't want to listen to another couple's conversation either. On one cruise, we left for the MDR and a table for 2 so we could have some privacy.

We have never been "packed like sardines" in Blu on either "S" or "M" class ships...they DO have a few tables for two that are VERY private and that's where we have always sat. You just have to look around the room and then ask for those tables.

When we were on Connie in April, before they had added Blu, we had Select Dining and I have NEVER been so close to other tables. It was very uncomfortable and our dinners were not fun at all. A few weeks ago we were on Connie again, this time in AQ and Blu and could not have been happier, what a wonderful difference, private, quiet....very nice!!

Thanks!

We were assigned Blu Dining on our last cruise as we were in AQ. I have heard on CC that different ship do it differently. Others have said they had to get with the Maitre d' in Blu 1st to setup eating in Select Dining. My group of 4 just went down to Select dining about 6:30 pm gave them our room numbers and they gave us a table of 4. I'm not sure if it made any difference that we are Elite Plus. Our next cruise we are back in Concierge. In May we are trying AQ again as it was cheaper than Concierge. Richard

I guess I would take it for free, but every time I look at the Deck Plans I think they created AquaClass to move these badly located cabins.

Not sure I get that. We love the forward cabins just below the hair salon on S class. Quiet...Relax room just down the hall, very near forward stairs and the spiral to the spa. Give me that over aft with no stairs there any day.

We have never been "packed like sardines" in Blu on either "S" or "M" class ships...they DO have a few tables for two that are VERY private and that's where we have always sat. You just have to look around the room and then ask for those tables.

When we were on Connie in April, before they had added Blu, we had Select Dining and I have NEVER been so close to other tables. It was very uncomfortable and our dinners were not fun at all. A few weeks ago we were on Connie again, this time in AQ and Blu and could not have been happier, what a wonderful difference, private, quiet....very nice!!

Have only sailed once in AQ and the ship was full so we were definitely packed like sardines in Blu! There was a 30+ minute wait for a table for two during prime time. So it really depends on the ship.

That said, I would not hesitate to grab the AQ room. No additional charge?!? Why in the world would you not try it, right? Our AQ room was one supposedly not ideal (under the pool area) but it was really no big deal at all. Loved it. The breakfasts in Blu are my favorite. Love the shower as well. A no brainer in my opinion.

Not sure I get that. We love the forward cabins just below the hair salon on S class. Quiet...Relax room just down the hall, very near forward stairs and the spiral to the spa. Give me that over aft with no stairs there any day.

Most of the AQ cabins are under the pool area, and all are very high up (more movement in case of rough seas).

Most of the AQ cabins are under the pool area, and all are very high up (more movement in case of rough seas).

Not really true, except for being up high, and I have no problem with that and suffer from vertigo..never had a motion problem in any seas over 5 different cruises. A little more than half the AQ are under pool area, remainder are under other staterooms and very quiet and peaceful. Look at the deck plans, if you want an AQ room that is NOT under pool area it should be easy to get one.

What a great upgrade...grab it now!

Especially since the larger angled balconies are all in good locations, though you can always check the S-Class cabin list above to see if any specific issue has been noted. The only AQ cabins I would avoid are right up front and under the gym, never noticed additional movement from being on a higher deck.

Here is a complete set of menus with photos of food, in this photo album from back in Nov '10. http://sailing.smugmug.com/Celebrity-Eclipse-November/MenusFood/14850454_UchZ4#!i=1111441577&k=SkfCgfm

And another 10 day set, with hotlinks to a photos set. https://docs.google.com/folderview?id=0B5BK-JzLUuM2YzIzOWI0OWYtZWE5Ny00NWRiLTg2NTctNGRiMDllNzNkZDMx&usp=drive_web&hl=enbrowerok%3Dtrue

Sorry these are not current, but many of these dishes are still offered. There are 14 days of menus which are rotated. It will give you an idea of the way the food is prepared, the servings are generous, and with Blu having its own kitchen nearby, you can easily make special requests. The decor, smaller space, open seating and smart casual dress are all added benefits to the fantastic food in Blu, and as many have mentioned breakfast is wonderful!

Edited by Janet987