Deployment schedule: let the guessing begin!

Yes she was on the schedule but has been removed.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

If RCI was basing any ship in NOLA you would think they'd have left the port bookings there as a placeholder, particularly given they are Saturday sailings. It would seem odd to have no ship operating out of NOLA though. Maybe NOLA is the victim of RCI's deal with Galveston. Seems unlikely, but it depends on the profitability of the cruises operating from there.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Have rci ever done a cruise that include Antarctica? I would like to see them do a cruise that includes Antarctica.

I've never seen one of the major cruise lines do an Antarctic cruise. The only logical embarkation ports would be either New Zealand or Australia, possibly Cape Town (though I don't know the distance from S Africa to Antarctica). There is no commercial port in Antarctica for a cruise ship to dock either. One other potential issue is that these cruise ships are not designed for the ice, though obviously cruise ships do Alaska cruises. As much as I would love to see Antarctica myself, I would imagine that the market for Sputh Polar cruises is pretty small.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I've never seen one of the major cruise lines do an Antarctic cruise. The only logical embarkation ports would be either New Zealand or Australia, possibly Cape Town (though I don't know the distance from S Africa to Antarctica). There is no commercial port in Antarctica for a cruise ship to dock either. One other potential issue is that these cruise ships are not designed for the ice, though obviously cruise ships do Alaska cruises. As much as I would love to see Antarctica myself, I would imagine that the market for Sputh Polar cruises is pretty small.

There are many smaller expedition type ships (150 people or less) that do 12 to 14 day Antarctica cruises out of South America with a lot of them sailing from Argentina. Definitely one to put on the bucket list.

If RCI was basing any ship in NOLA you would think they'd have left the port bookings there as a placeholder, particularly given they are Saturday sailings. It would seem odd to have no ship operating out of NOLA though. Maybe NOLA is the victim of RCI's deal with Galveston. Seems unlikely, but it depends on the profitability of the cruises operating from there.

Wonder if the cost of complying with the upcoming Emissions Control Area standards during the 7-8 hours each way between the port and the Gulf has RCI questioning whether having a ship in NOLA is worth it. I also wonder if they might be asking the same question about other ports that are some distance from open water too, such as Baltimore and Tampa.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I noticed they were on sale a lot plus they have gone from a Voyager class ship to a Radiance class ship still being on sale, Actually maybe you hit the nail on the head with Galveston ending NOLA run with Royal.

Try =X=

Feb 2015, 14nts on Celebrity Infinity r/t Buenos Aires but there's no landing in Antarctica.

Linblad/Nat Geographic is doing a Shackleton rerun (without the shipwreck:eek:) but it's hi-$$$.

There are many smaller expedition type ships (150 people or less) that do 12 to 14 day Antarctica cruises out of South America with a lot of them sailing from Argentina. Definitely one to put on the bucket list.

Thanks. I knew there were smaller ships that did the Antarctic, but the OP had asked if RCI had done one. That being said, I was posting under the assumption of a mainstream cruise line likely not being able to fill a 2500 pax ship on a regular basis. Should have clarified a bit more what I meant!

Rhapsody heads to Rio/Santos Brazil on Ocean Voyage from Barcelona at end of Med season.

She does Black Sea from Istanbul in June, alternates 7 night cruises from Civitavecchia and Venice for July and August, then a series of 9 night Greek Isles and Turkey cruises until November 19, 2015 Ocean Voyage for 16 nights to Rio.

Do you happen to have the dates and itineraries for the Black sea cruises?

A new e-brochure is out for Anthem/Adventure highlighting some of the itineraries. I'm hoping that there are more though! I was hoping for an Anthem to the Fjords and Iceland!

http://viewer.zmags.com/publication/b1acb27d#/b1acb27d/11

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

thank you for the link.

Sometimes, the Captain is the last to know.:D For further evidence of this fact, see Captain Johnny's claim that the Mariner would never leave Florida.;)

Heh heh heh DH and I were on that 46 day cruise he and the staff captain piloted away from Florida on the Mariner of the Seas "Around the Horn " of South America from Cape Canaveral to Los Angeles. It was a GREAT cruise enjoyed by us as well as Captain Johnny!

Excellent, thank you :D

A bit perplexed about the why one itinerary ends in Istanbul and the next one starts in Civitavecchia but there doesn't seem to be a repositioning cruise, which seems like a lost opportunity.

Now showing again for the 1 June, 12 June and 22 June embarking in Istanbul.

The 3 July cruise actually would leave from Istanbul and disembark in Rome and was posted in error. Thessaloniki is the first port of call, which did seem just a bit far, but

http://sea-distances.com/

says you can do it for arrival at 10 am, if depart Istanbul at 5 pm the day before.

Civitavecchia to Thessaloniki would take 2 full sea days at full speed to reach. They only have 2 sea days on the entire sailing, so it must embark from Istanbul.

Edited by MADflyer

Do you happen to have the dates and itineraries for the Black sea cruises?

This might help..

I've come across these itineraries for the cruises following the one after this one..... can't post the site here.... not sure which TAs advertise on CC

1st Jun 2015 (11 nights)

Ports of Call: Burgas, Sochi, Sochi, Sevastopol (Ukraine), Yalta (Ukraine), Odessa (Ukraine), Odessa (Ukraine), Istanbul (Turkey)...

12th Jun 2015 (10 nights)

Ports of Call: Sochi, Sochi, Sevastopol (Ukraine), Yalta (Ukraine), Odessa (Ukraine), Odessa (Ukraine), Istanbul (Turkey)..

Not sure about the 3rd. Repo to Rome..

I know that Princess does 'sail and wave' cruises to Antarctica. They cant stop but they spend 2 days or so sailing around the peninsula, usually on a Buenos Aires to Santiago cruise. The major port to Antarctica is Ushuaia in Argentina.

I did my Antarctica cruise with Orient lines, who unfortunately is no longer in business. I would definitely try to get a cruise that actually stops.