On Westerdam now. Just finished dinner at Pinnacle Grill

flhawkeye

I have to say as someone who is a big fan of Pinnacle Grill and typically eat there all but on night on a cruise, I was WORRIED after all the negative posts about the new menu. Our waiter Alfredo was fantastic. We discussed the Caesar salad issue. He asked me to try it and if I did not like it he would make it the old way, of course not table side. I was pleasantly surprised. It was good and different. I actually enjoyed it, much to my surprise. The petite filet was outstanding! One table mate who is an MD said it was the best filet she has ever eaten. The sauces were as good as always. The mushroom side and wilted spinich sides were wonderful as well. The only disappointment was the vanilla soufflé. I think it was underdone, but I was so full it did not really matter. Service was outstanding from every person. Excellent wine steward as well. Eating there five more nights this cruise so stay tuned and stop worrying. It was a wonderful evening.

I have to say as someone who is a big fan of Pinnacle Grill and typically eat there all but on night on a cruise, I was WORRIED after all the negative posts about the new menu. Our waiter Alfredo was fantastic. We discussed the Caesar salad issue. He asked me to try it and if I did not like it he would make it the old way, of course not table side. I was pleasantly surprised. It was good and different. I actually enjoyed it, much to my surprise. The petite filet was outstanding! One table mate who is an MD said it was the best filet she has ever eaten. The sauces were as good as always. The mushroom side and wilted spinich sides were wonderful as well. The only disappointment was the vanilla soufflé. I think it was underdone, but I was so full it did not really matter. Service was outstanding from every person. Excellent wine steward as well. Eating there five more nights this cruise so stay tuned and stop worrying. It was a wonderful evening.

Thanks for your PG report, and glad you enjoyed it.

Was the Caesar presented as whole romaine leaves in a Parmesan "bowl"?

thanks for the report - it's nice that they offered you the option on the Caesar salad. We love the PG - don't eat there every night especially on the 30 day cruises - but we do go a lot - appreciate the update.

By now you are on the seas - we watched you sail a way. Have a great cruise:D

In what way way is different? ( other than table side creation?)

Were there different ingredients? Flavors?

We will be eating at the PG during our upcoming Alaska cruise. We don't order the Caesar salad, so the changes don't affect us. Same thing with the Steak Diane. I do wish though that the dessert choices were better, but we somehow manage. ;)

We will be eating at the PG during our upcoming Alaska cruise. We don't order the Caesar salad, so the changes don't affect us. Same thing with the Steak Diane. I do wish though that the dessert choices were better, but we somehow manage. ;)

I still miss the Northwest Clam Chowder and the French Onion Soup. :( I'll miss the Caesar Salad.

I still miss the Northwest Clam Chowder and the French Onion Soup. :( I'll miss the Caesar Salad.

I believe someone has stated they will continue to make it in the traditional way - although back in the kitchen vs. tableside.

I also miss the French onion soup; it was much better than the one in the dining room.

I'm going to miss the boneless rib eye, as it seems better than the bone-in.

I don't see those onion rings that were a garnish on one of the selections. I used to get them as a side for my steak. Yummy. Perhaps they are still there, but just not mentioned as they are a garnish??? I hope!

I believe someone has stated they will continue to make it in the traditional way - although back in the kitchen vs. tableside.

Knowing HAL as I do and their tendency to not always be consistent, I wouldn't count on always being able to have a 'regular' casear salad prepared for you on all ships/all the time. I think that will be a sometimes yes and sometimes no circumstance.

It is nice to hear some positive comments.

Outstanding to hear, especially about the Caesar salad as it is one of the few salads I eat.

Thank you for confirming the food in Pinnacle Grill on Westerdam is still so outstanding:)

Joanie

We are not counting on being able to get the Caesar salad like we are used to.

Each ship will have their own rules -- HAL is known not to be consistent on many things.

We are not counting on being able to get the Caesar salad like we are used to.

Each ship will have their own rules -- HAL is known not to be consistent on many things.

Yes, as they say, YMMV.

I'll be on the Zuiderdam in April. Will probably try out the new version of the Caesar salad, just to experience it for myself. If I don't care for it, will probably ask for the original the next time around. No big deal if they can't accommodate my request. It's not going to ruin my cruise. :)