Possible new dining option for suite guests

Bababooey Land

I just got a survey from Celebrity regarding a new dining option they are considering for suite guests...Sounds like they are thinking about rolling out one of these two concepts below. I will try to copy and paste what I think are the important parts of the survey. so this might be a long read!!

Celebrity Cruises is exploring new restaurant dining choices for Suite guests. To help us with this task, we are inviting a select group of previous Celebrity Suite guests like you to participate in a brief survey. Your feedback will help Celebrity make your onboard experience as enjoyable as possible.

New Suites Dining Experience

Enjoy private dining in your own restaurant—reserved exclusively for Suite guests.

Introducing a new dining experience for suite guests. We’ve added even more luxury to the suite life on board by providing suite guests with a dedicated restaurant to enjoy morning, noon, and night. All three meals will feature unique menus that offer sumptuous dishes not available anywhere else on the ship.

Of course, suite guests have the flexibility to dine anywhere they like. A European-style butler is available for in-suite dining service for times when guests want a more intimate dining experience. Suite guests can choose to dine in the main restaurant whenever they like. And, for a nominal fee, any of our specialty restaurants—including Qsine®, Tuscan Grille, Silk Harvest, Lawn Club Grill, and more—are available for even more varied dining experience.

Providing our suite guests their own dedicated dining experience is just one more way we’re making living the suite life on board even sweeter.

How APPEALING are the following elements of this restaurant dining concept from Celebrity?

- A European-style butler for in-suite dining

- A dedicated restaurant for suite guests for breakfast, lunch and dinner

- Dining in the main restaurant

- Entrance to any specialty restaurant for a nominal fee

-----On the following page, you will see a description of a second new restaurant dining concept that Celebrity Cruises is considering offering guests who stay in a Suite.

Please review the description thoroughly since you will be asked to compare it with the concept you saw earlier.

New Suites Dining Experience

Dining in your own restaurant during the day—reserved exclusively for Suite guests—and complimentary dining in any restaurant at night.

Introducing a new dining experience for suite guests. We’ve added even more luxury to the suite life on board by providing suite guests a dedicated restaurant to enjoy for breakfast and lunch. These meals will feature unique menus that offer sumptuous dishes not available anywhere else on the ship.

Then at night, suite guests will enjoy the flexibility to dine anywhere they choose. They’ll enjoy complimentary entrance to any of our specialty restaurants—including Qsine®, Tuscan Grille, Silk Harvest, Lawn Club Grill, and more. A European-style butler is available for in-suite dining service for evenings when guests want a more intimate experience. And of course, whenever they choose, suite guests can choose to dine in the main restaurant, which offers a new set of delicious menu options every evening.

Providing our suite guests their own dedicated dining experience during the day and complete dining flexibility in the evening is just one more way we’re making living the suite life on board even sweeter.

So they are going to take away a restaurant (Bistro on five) that is available to everyone and give it to just suite guests? Somehow I think the non-suite guests aren't coming out ahead in that deal. I already feel cheated that us Untouchables cannot go to Blu.

Talk in these boards indicates that many suite guests frequent Blu every nght. Our last AQ cruise had varying lengths of wait for Blu and we learned by casual conversation with folks in front of or behind us that they were suite guests, not AQ guests.

A dedicated suite dining room will free up Blu for the purpose for which it was intended. A dedicated dining room ( for the three meals) will start to make a clear distinction between accommodations ( as is the case on some other lines ) and may cause some confusion with families/friends traveling together when perhaps one member is in a suite, and others are not.

If the statement about Bistro on 5 is correct, I will be disappointed ( as we go to Bistro on 5 on most cruises) but honestly it is usually empty.

Interesting to see what will eventually happen.

M

This is a nice idea, but wonder how well it will work. I've stayed in The Haven on one of Norwegian's ships (will be there again at the end of the month on the Epic) and that private retreat is a wonderful experience as a suite guest. Norwegian really knows how to take care of suite passengers. I'd be really excited if Celebrity moved to that concept. The Epic has the private dining room for suite guests physically located in The Haven, so it is truly private and exclusive. I can report back on some details in early March if anyone is interested.

Walter

Sent from my Samsung Note 2 on the T-Mobile 4G LTE Network

Edited by vulcan1971

Talk in these boards indicates that many suite guests frequent Blu every nght. Our last AQ cruise had varying lengths of wait for Blu and we learned by casual conversation with folks in front of or behind us that they were suite guests, not AQ guests.

A dedicated suite dining room will free up Blu for the purpose for which it was intended. A dedicated dining room ( for the three meals) will start to make a clear distinction between accommodations ( as is the case on some other lines ) and may cause some confusion with families/friends traveling together when perhaps one member is in a suite, and others are not.

If the statement about Bistro on 5 is correct, I will be disappointed ( as we go to Bistro on 5 on most cruises) but honestly it is usually empty.

Interesting to see what will eventually happen.

M

Suite guests were ticked off that they couldn't get into Blu on the Reflection cruise....it was always packed and at times a wait for even the Aqua guests.

there are positives for EVERYONE if suite guests get moved to another restaurant. as mentioned above, BLU will become less crowded..in addition to the MDR being less crowded. I think this is a WIN WIN for everyone. This is not intended to be Suites vs the rest. This is about Celebrity trying to stay ahead of the game and offer something different.

I wonder if this a sign of things to come for all dining options? With the advent and growing popularity of specialty restaurants and separate dining areas, do you think the MDR As we once knew it will change into something else also, maybe much lesser size? Look at the number of restaurants coming out on the new ships from 2012-2017. There's a lot that are theme and chef sponsored.

We were advised by the HD on the Equinox that they are doing away with Bistro on Five & that will become a dining room for Suite Guests.

Any word on when? Hope its still there in September so we can dine there a few more times before they take it away... :(

Am I alone? I like Bistro on 5. I will miss it.

Will the Suite Dining Room have the same menus as MDR? I like the MDR menus. Lots of excellent choices, great food, nice presentation.

I would like to see changes in the specialty restaurants. For long time Celebrity guests, the menus are old and tired. Need a renovation.

Clearly, it would be bisto on 5....but I suspect it will take some significant modifications to make it into a dining room that can prepare quality main courses for dinner. Perhaps something that would occur during a scheduled drydock.

As a newbie to Celebrity I really don't know how it all works. We are diamond members with RCCL we are cruising on Infinity the end of March and would love to see a special dinning venue for us. We do however Like the continuity of MDR table mates and wait staff so we would likely still do MDR for dinner.

would love to avoid buffet for breakfast. To all those Suite hater I love the fact that you don't want to stay in one as that would just raise the price for us even higher. We only cruise once a year and when we do we enjoy the perks and benefits of suites that does not make us elitist but it does make the cruise line need to make us feel special for the money we are paying. If not there are other choices for us.:(

We LOVE Bistro on 5; it is a great alternative to the dreaded (for us) formal night, or when we feel like having something lighter for dinner, yet still be able get full service, so do hope that they do not take it away from the masses.

However, I do admit, it is grossly underused during dinner, so most likely, that will be the venue they use. Too bad.

As a person who has been in suites on Princess, Celebrity, and Holland America ships, I am unsettled by this idea. In fact, I am hesitating about going on a Cunard cruise because they have such a blatant class system with separate dining rooms for Queen and Princess suites. I understand that even being in a suite is elitist to some extent, as is travelling first class or business. I am not against hierarchies and I am not against people getting what they pay for; but I am against pretention. I actually felt a tad uncomfortable using the Concierge Lounge on Holland America ships. Please, Celebrity do not emulate Cunard that, to me, has a very outdated British class system. I can understand giving suite guests the option of eating in the specialty restaurants, but I am uncomfortable with what amounts to a caste system. Just my opinion.

Perks for suite guests are nice and I must say I enjoy Blu (when I've had the opportunity) and Bistro on 5. That said, I'd hate to see X move to a class sytem like Cunard.

I am in complete agreement with you. I hope Celebrity does not go the way of Cunard.

As a person who has been in suites on Princess, Celebrity, and Holland America ships, I am unsettled by this idea. In fact, I am hesitating about going on a Cunard cruise because they have such a blatant class system with separate dining rooms for Queen and Princess suites. I understand that even being in a suite is elitist to some extent, as is travelling first class or business. I am not against hierarchies and I am not against people getting what they pay for; but I am against pretention. I actually felt a tad uncomfortable using the Concierge Lounge on Holland America ships. Please, Celebrity do not emulate Cunard that, to me, has a very outdated British class system. I can understand giving suite guests the option of eating in the specialty restaurants, but I am uncomfortable with what amounts to a caste system. Just my opinion.

Agree! I guess though that Blu would fall into that "caste" system somewhat too, although AQ staterooms are no bigger than other veranda rooms.....and we have sailed in AQ several times just for Blu...so perhaps it was just a "stepping stone" for this next evolution on X....don't think I like it though.....

Edited by Gracie115

Well said.

I am a newbie but the more I read about Celebrity on this forum the more I see a "class" distinction. Could we afford AQ or a suite? Yes! But I really don't feel I need to spend that much more for what I would get. It seems they are feeding on people's wanting to feel special (better).

I know that is going to ruffle a lot of people's feathers on this board. I understand that if you pay more you should get more. And you do. Bigger cabins and other amenities. But it is a shame to take something away from everyone and give it to a small group. I just may have to rethink whether we should take our 2 week cruise on the Eclipse next year. First I read all the talk about Elite, now talk that sounds like a class type of cruise. We are spending $4000 for this cruise and I don't want to go and be treated like I am an inferior person.

Please tell me that I am mistaken. That this in not the case. But reading this forum sure gives a non suite newbie the feeling that they just don't belong. I don't know if you all know how it sounds to someone who hasn't cruised on Celebrity before.

Sharon