2015/2016 Deployment Thread

Andy

I am assuming that this deployment is due to the Venice ban on ships greater than 97000t, meaning that X have had to deploy an M class ship on their Venice cruises which is why SIL is now based in Amsterdam.

The Venice issue is also probably why the Equinox Oct 2nd cruise itinerary has been changed, not much point doing adriatic ports if you cannot visit Venice.

We've now done Venice a number of times and some of the Adriatic ones. We loved the Greek Island Cruise we did last year on the Silhouette, and as you can see from our 'signature' we love the ship. It looks like the Reflection may be doing the cruises that may tempt us, but to be honest, there doesn't seem to be anything 'different' on offer for us mid August.

Re sailing from Amsterdam ---- if you live in the UK it seems a pain to have to travel to Amsterdam to then come back to cruise the British Isles. I think this will attract more cruisers from the USA or Canada.

Does anyone know when the 2016 Australia itineraries will be open to captain's club members? Thank you!

As much as any of us know can be gleaned from looking at page one of this sticky thread, check out post one and click on the link Host Andy provided for just this purpose.

If you are captain's club you should have received email for early booking.I called my TA and he was able to get itinary for me and booked yesterday.Some great new itineraries with overnights.:)

Nothing very exciting out of UK unfortunately, unless you have not been to Fjords or Baltics. We fancied cruising around UK but they are not doing it this time.

As much as any of us know can be gleaned from looking at page one of this sticky thread, check out post one and click on the link Host Andy provided for just this purpose.

There's no mention of TransAtlantics there!!!

No neither do I and unfortunately for UK Celebrity fans wanting no flying cruises the UK will now only have the Eclipse based here in 2015.

I agree. No way will we go to the hassle of flying just to get to Amsterdam to board a ship. Is there really a demand for cruises starting from Amsterdam? A mistake IMO..

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I agree. No way will we go to the hassle of flying just to get to Amsterdam to board a ship. Is there really a demand for cruises starting from Amsterdam?

A pretty easy place to get to by the continental Europeans, no? ;)

I agree. No way will we go to the hassle of flying just to get to Amsterdam to board a ship. Is there really a demand for cruises starting from Amsterdam? A mistake IMO..

For those of us on the east coast of the US, we can fly non-stop from various east-coast airports to Amsterdam. We usually try to book European cruises that start and end in the Barcelona, Lisbon, Rome, Venice, Amsterdam, Southampton (Heathrow), and Harwich (Heathrow) (or US for TAs) because of non-stop flights and generally 7-9 hours in our case; and sometimes Athens in the summer although the flight is longer.

Kathy

Edited by TourDeCruise

For those of us on the east coast of the US, we can fly non-stop from various east-coast airports to Amsterdam. We usually try to book European cruises that start and end in the Barcelona, Lisbon, Rome, Venice, Amsterdam, Southampton (Heathrow), and Harwich (Heathrow) (or US for TAs) because of non-stop flights and generally 7-9 hours in our case; and sometimes Athens in the summer although the flight is longer.

Kathy

Hi Kathy!

Shoot, even here in flyoverland, we can fly nonstop to Amsterdam. And not have to pay the horrendous taxes associated with Heathrow. Sadly, not to Barcelona, though, which will be the next port we need to get to if our travel agent ever succeeds in getting through to Celebrity.

Linda

Hi Kathy!

Shoot, even here in flyoverland, we can fly nonstop to Amsterdam. And not have to pay the horrendous taxes associated with Heathrow. Sadly, not to Barcelona, though, which will be the next port we need to get to if our travel agent ever succeeds in getting through to Celebrity.

Linda

That's fantastic that you can also fly NS to Amsterdam. Which cruise are you thinking about doing from Barcelona?

Kathy

I booked the British Isles cruise last week. I was hoping it would sail from the UK, but for some reason it's r/t Amsterdam. Not that I have a problem with Amsterdam, but I've been there before prior to a Baltics cruise. We have never had the pleasure to visit the UK.

If you are captain's club you should have received email for early booking.I called my TA and he was able to get itinary for me and booked yesterday.Some great new itineraries with overnights.:)

I used to receive emails all the time from Celebrity but I would say

over the past year or more I never receive anything anymore. Not sure

why or what happened.....I don't get a thing from them.

We booked the British Isles cruise last week and I was surprised to see it was r/t Amsterdam. We have been to Amsterdam prior to a Baltics sailing, but have never been to the UK. Although Amsterdam is a non stop flight for us, I would have liked to spend some time in the UK prior to the cruise rather than Amsterdam since we've already been there.

Kathy

Actually, because of the hassle getting to/from the ports from LHR, we would rather fly to nearly any other airport in Europe for a cruise.

From eastern North America, there isn't much variation in cost for different European destinations so convenience matters.

Art

That is so odd!! You have so many cruises with them you would like to think you would be the first? I just came off a cruise so maybe they thought they would catch me when the after vacation depression set in :cool:

That is so odd!! You have so many cruises with them you would like to think you would be the first? I just came off a cruise so maybe they thought they would catch me when the after vacation depression set in :cool:

Hi:)...well, not the first:o...but I do wonder sometimes what the he$$

happened:rolleyes:.......I know they have my email address because it is

listed on my profile on their website...they even gave me the right

amount of points when the changeover was made back in November.;)

oops...sorry we got off topic.....which is next year and 2016 itineraries.....

back to regularly scheduled programming:)

Edited by Lois R

There's no mention of TransAtlantics there!!!

Transatlantics are listed here : http://www.celebritycruises.com/genericHtmlTemplate.do?icid=ccc_bt_wrldtr_1402_sleu_lk_353829&pagename=captains_club_world_tour_cruise

It's not very detailed, but you can see ships & dates. Other than that, I suggest contacting your TA or Captains Club for further details.

Edited by Host Andy

When can we see this on the website?

Europe 2015 should be released to the general public on Tuesday, according to this Press Release : http://www.celebritycruises.com/captainsclub/whatsnew/details.do?event_date=2014-03-14&sequence_code=A&link=%2fcaptainsclub%2fwhatsnew%2fdetails.do%3fevent_date%3d2014-03-14%26sequence_code%3dA They should appear on the Celebrity website at that point.

Hope this helps !

That's fantastic that you can also fly NS to Amsterdam. Which cruise are you thinking about doing from Barcelona?

Kathy

We're doing the Italy & Greek Isles on October 15 on the Equinox and then the westbound TA if our travel agent can ever get through to Celebrity to get us booked. Had planned to do the Venice Overnight which was scheduled to come before that, but they changed the itinerary.

I used to receive emails all the time from Celebrity but I would say

over the past year or more I never receive anything anymore. Not sure

why or what happened.....I don't get a thing from them.

You're not the only one, Lois. I don't get anything either. I get TONS of stuff from HAL, Oceania, Crystal, but zip from Celebrity. Guess they don't want my business.

Linda

Europe 2015 should be released to the general public on Tuesday, according to this Press Release : http://www.celebritycruises.com/captainsclub/whatsnew/details.do?event_date=2014-03-14&sequence_code=A&link=%2fcaptainsclub%2fwhatsnew%2fdetails.do%3fevent_date%3d2014-03-14%26sequence_code%3dA They should appear on the Celebrity website at that point.

Hope this helps !

Hopefully TAs too.

When I called Captain's Club, the rep said the eastbound Equinox TA on 4/27/2015 would be Ft. Lauderdale, Ponta Delgada, Lisbon, Cadiz (Seville), Malaga, Alicante, & Barcelona plus a bunch of sea days of course.

We're doing the Italy & Greek Isles on October 15 on the Equinox and then the westbound TA if our travel agent can ever get through to Celebrity to get us booked. Had planned to do the Venice Overnight which was scheduled to come before that, but they changed the itinerary.

Linda, that will be a great b2b. We are considering the above Equinox eastbound TA followed by the 10-night Barcelona to Rome. We have friends who may do the 10-night cruise with us. I'm assuming they are Captain's Club members because they have sailed on Celebrity before (albeit not as much as we have :) ), but hopefully their seeing the itinerary(ies) on the website might propel them to book.

Kathy

Edited by TourDeCruise
Spelling