Celebrity Cruises Unveils Modern Luxury Firsts Onboard Celebrity Equinox

Celebrity Cruises

Just back this morning from the Solstice Sydney - Honolulu cruise.

On this particular cruise the Cellar Masters ws, as usual, quite empty, in the beggining of the cruise. But as the cruise went by, more and more found it. D once someone got there, they seemed to come back and back again. Great service, lovely location. The last few nights it was almost full.

No cheese in the Cellar Masters this time though. Such a sad cost cutter.

I was there every night.

Bistro on 5 though, only saw officers dine in there. Such a shame on such a lovely location.

And this cruise, the Molecular Bar was very empty many nights. Not a lot of aussies had the package though, and 13,75 might be a bit much for a drink. I don't know. I had the premium and I loved the drinks there

Equinox has always been my favorite in the fleet and these changes seem like two great ideas. Cellar Masters was always underutilized and the pool area could use some new drink choices for those hot Caribbean days.

I feel some of the perceived negativity on these boards is due to the months of rumors about unannounced changes by Celebrity to their product. I wish management would tell us about these type of upcoming changes before the ship enters drydock so we could enjoy the anticipation of our upcoming cruises even more.

I can't wait till these improvements are implemented fleet wide.

Celebrity Cruises has today revealed a series of brand-first enhancements to be introduced onboard Celebrity Equinox. Emerging from a scheduled drydock in Cadiz, Spain on Thursday, May 8, the Solstice Class ship will tout new signature spaces and experiences in time for guests’ summer vacations during Celebrity’s most immersive season in Europe.

Recognized for its unique and rich dining program, Celebrity will add two one-of-a-kind concepts to the array of guest-favorite Solstice Class features onboard:

Gastrobar – A new craft beer and comfort food venue, Gastrobar will offer food and beer enthusiasts over 40 handcrafted boutique beers to choose from in addition to Celebrity's varied collection of wines and tasty cocktails with a twist, all perfectly paired with a menu of elevated bar-fare creations. Gastrobar’s upscale casual surroundings will feature inviting entertainment and music for the complete sophisticated lounge experience. Guests can find the new venue in the space formerly known as Cellar Masters.

Slush – Expanding guests’ ‘cool’ beverage options, Slush – a frozen drinks venue – introduces Celebrity’s curated menu of flavor-rich and fresh frozen cocktails. Slush will feature alcoholic and non-alcoholic cocktails with perfectly balanced ingredients ranging from fresh pressed lemon juice, raspberries, cucumbers and mint to Persian lime, Florida Valencia and Hamlin orange juice with organic agave nectar.

Celebrity Equinox will also expand its retail offerings with "The Studio - Fine Art Photography” – a high-end portrait studio ideal for capturing guests’ friends, family or couples vacation photos; the addition of the ever-popular Michael Kors boutique, first introduced onboard Celebrity Silhouette; enhanced upscale brand products available in stores including Chanel, Clinique, Dior, Lancôme, Estée Lauder, Desigual and UNOde50; and the ship's new Internet lounge, Celebrity iLounge, in the space formerly known as Online@Celebrity.

Starting June 15, 2014, Celebrity Equinox offers four different 7-night Mediterranean sailings, which can be combined into immersive vacation experiences as long as 28 nights, with Rome (Civitavecchia), Italy the only repeat port-of-call in the lineup

We are on 2 of these legs in late June / July. ! Can't wait !

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app - My next cruise - Equinox - B2B 6/2014

So, this should go over well -- because of all the tsuris when Escargots were temporarily unavailable! ;)

Yiddish ! I missed the escargot on EQ in 2012 - had them last yr on SI - hope they have them!

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app - My next cruise - Equinox - B2B 6/2014

Well I was a happy camper when I didn't see Bistro on 5 mentioned on this announcement! Sounds like I'll be able to go there next week!!! I'm willing to try out the new venues, too....sound pretty good.

Pat :)

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk 2

Yiddish ! I missed the escargot on EQ in 2012 - had them last yr on SI - hope they have them!

Yiddish: that's what I thought too although part of my vocabulary [but every New Yorker speaks a little Yiddish, a little Italian, etc]. But, when I googled it to verify the spelling this is what came up first. [it's pretty small until you click on it. It says: "North American." Who knew???]

359288444_ScreenShot2014-04-29at12_13_02AM.jpg.96820abc2c62eedad659051c3effde4e.jpg

You will get used to the name - we had the same perception when it was first used here, but now when we hear the word Gastropub we automatically think good quality food and drink and not the hum drum food and drink that some claim to be good. C'mon people - there is a world out there - expand your mind.:D

Well if the biggest complaint most here can come up with is not liking the name X gave it they must have done something right, which considering the amount of negativity on these boards recently is a good thing....just saying....:D

I'm glad nobody touches the molecular bar! It might also not be a big money maker for "X" but it serves the best cocktails aboard.

As a Belgian beer lover we welcome the Gastropub and to us gastro is not sounding very bad but it let's us think about gastronomy...

So the "sound" of the name seems to be different depending which part of the world you are from... .

Yiddish: that's what I thought too although part of my vocabulary [but every New Yorker speaks a little Yiddish, a little Italian, etc]. But, when I googled it to verify the spelling this is what came up first. [it's pretty small until you click on it. It says: "North American." Who knew???]

That's funny.....wonder what they say about kvetch and kvell?

I don't have a problem with the name and I'm really looking forward to trying it in June - I just wondered whether the inviting entertainment and music will be provided by the Gastric band? :D

As long as its not Miami DJ I'll be a happy gastro camper...

It must be a great idea for a name if it has us all chatting about it....when do the tee shirt sales begin?

changing things up is a good idea and they sound like they will keep it upscale

even the slurpees at the pool sound fresh...sadly too much sugar for me

Perhaps they could simply call it "The Pub". Or, "The Pub at Cellar Masters". "I'll meet you at Gastrobar" doesn't cut it for me. Sometimes simple is best. They have time to reconsider before they install the signage.

Hey Celebrity - Are you monitoring this thread?

Pub at Cellar Masters is a GREAT name!!!! :D

Thanks for the update and news.

I find it refreshing that Celebrity is willing to try something new. While it may or may not appeal to me or others only time will tell. If it is a dud I am sure that it will be replaced with something else but you will never know unless you give it a try. Thomas Edison, Henry Ford, Wright Bros failed more times than they succeeded, but it only takes that one success and then they still had to keep improving or trying new things.

🍸🍻🚢

I love the idea and can't wait for it to go fleet-wide! I think the idea of combining wines, cocktails and quality beers, along with small plates will work wonderfully. I can't wait to sail on a ship that has these additions!

Excellent work, Celebrity!

When we were on the Equinox two weeks ago, we were told Slush would take over the space on the pool deck where they sold suntan lotion, etc. Half the time it was never open and never very busy.

Kathy

That's a good use for this space. I don't remember ever seeing it open on 11 cruises.

Mary Lou

I was not planning to go out of my way and comment on this thread because I was enjoying it just fine from a reading standpoint. However, a few things came to mind...

First, I think it is great that the "Celebrity Cruises" avatar for Cruise Critic came to the board to initiate this thread and make the announcement for the new change to be added to the Equinox. To me, this indicates that Celebrity is not just looking to get the message out clearly and accurately, but also willing to comment on the thread when there are appropriate questions to be addressed and clarifications to be made. This is hopefully the beginning of an investment that (I think) Celebrity needs to make in its regular and loyal customers. I hope this is the way that Celebrity is headed with future distributions of information for other big announcements and roll-outs of new concepts, new program changes, etc.

Second, one of my biggest concerns lately has been about all the new threads popping up that range from some cruisers voicing their concerns and having a reasonable written discourse to other threads that are merely created to encourage posters to jump on the bandwagon of petty rants. Some of this IMHO could have been avoided, or at least minimized, if general announcements were more widespread and new initiatives and changes to existing programs were more transparent. Maybe Celebrity has listened here and has changed how business is being done.

Lastly, I enjoy food, wine, and all types of cuisine from around the world. I grew up in a military family and was exposed to a lot of different culture and food as a child. This might help to explain why I love to travel and enjoy new experiences from all around the world. As an adult, I continue to expand and enjoy a range of culinary delights in my daily life. I am neither opposed to nor in favor of the proposed name of the new pub/restaurant. The name alone cannot turn me away from the restaurant. If Celebrity provides an enticing experience, that caters to a range of different types of people, in a wonderful surrounding, the people will come.

The specialty restaurants have a unique and exciting environment that is only offered for a few hours each day. Wouldn't it be great if this new option/venue was so interesting and exciting that it would draw people in all day long (from lunch through late evening)? This new concept cannot be all things to all people, but I suspect that given the right mix of beverages (craft beer, wines by the glass, and unique cocktails), a mixed variety of well prepared and affordable snacks (think global cuisine with street food cart prices), and some form of entertainment (mix of some canned music, some live music options, and a few well placed tv's with no volume for sports from around the world). No one is going to spend all their time in this venue, but it should have the power of attraction to at least bring you in for a look and check it out even if only for one of the many reasons it was designed to appeal to an array of passengers.

Okay... until it rolls out, I guess we will have to wait and see. And for those of you lucky enough to have a cruise on Equinox after drydock, please come back to post about your experiences. I am already thinking about booking a cruise for 2015 just so I can experience this for myself.