Diamond Lounge Question - non-diamond cabin mate allowed in with me?

I am a Diamond member and will be traveling on my next cruise with someone who has never cruised before. Will they be allowed to go into the Diamond lounge with me each night? Thinking of booking on Independence of the Seas if that matters.

Thanks!

No. That person has not earned the benefit and is not entitled to it. For those who will suggest that you ask because it might be allowed on your particular cruise, PLEASE don't put the staff in that position. That is not fair to them. Follow the rules -- you have read them and know what they are. Only Diamond and above are permitted in the lounge.

Ok, cc member, have it -- tell them all reasons that it is okay to break the rules as is typical of these postings.

Ahh, well I agree with Fred. Sorry, but your friend is in no way eligible to be in the DL with you. It is a perk which is earned and in fact, the bar staff and the Diamond Concierge will want to see your Sea Pass cards to verify your status.

Perhaps you could go to another lounge with him/her? Or go by yourself for some "alone time", have a drink there, and meet up with him/her later.

Thanks! What about the C&A welcome back invite only parties, can they come with me to that?

Probably a little less strict about that; I have been to parties where they want the invitation, and our most recent cruise, they "carded" everyone, asking to see the Sea Pass with the C&A status level on the bottom of it. So I don't really know...

For those who will suggest that you ask because it might be allowed on your particular cruise, PLEASE don't put the staff in that position. That is not fair to them. Follow the rules -- you have read them and know what they are. Only Diamond and above are permitted in the lounge.

Several cruises ago, I emailed Royal Caribbean and asked this question. Their response was to have me check with the concierge once on board.

No. That person has not earned the benefit and is not entitled to it. For those who will suggest that you ask because it might be allowed on your particular cruise, PLEASE don't put the staff in that position. That is not fair to them. Follow the rules -- you have read them and know what they are. Only Diamond and above are permitted in the lounge.

Ok, cc member, have it -- tell them all reasons that it is okay to break the rules as is typical of these postings.

You won't get any argument from me.

The Diamond Club is in the Viking Crown. You can likely get a drink and step outside and meet your friend at the bar up there. But the bar tenders will scrutinize you to be sure you don't bring a drink to your friend. We did that with my son and DIL. The Diamond Club was overcrowded anyway, so the overflow was in the adjacent bar. We would just go get our drink and go sit with them. The bar tender did look, but since they were ordering drinks, no problem.

Several cruises ago, I emailed Royal Caribbean and asked this question. Their response was to have me check with the concierge once on board.

That's called passing the ball and, as noted above, it's rude to put the poor concierge in the position of having to turn people away. The answer is as Fred said.

That's called passing the ball and, as noted above, it's rude to put the poor concierge in the position of having to turn people away. The answer is as Fred said.

The problem is, not everyone is on cruise critic and not everyone reads the fine print (I'm not sure I ever have). When I emailed Royal Caribbean, it was our first cruise as Diamond, and I honestly didn't know the policy. We were traveling with our children, one of whom was Emerald (rest were Diamond).

It would have been very easy for them to respond to my email with an "I'm sorry" and a policy quote. It wasn't that big of a deal and I would have been perfectly fine with that response.

The Concierge very graciously welcomed the non-Diamond member and greeted us warmly the few times we were there.

I am a Diamond member and will be traveling on my next cruise with someone who has never cruised before. Will they be allowed to go into the Diamond lounge with me each night? Thinking of booking on Independence of the Seas if that matters.

Thanks!

unless that person is your spouse or resides with you as a full time domestic partner( and you have linked your profiles) then no. only peopel who have earned the status may use the lounges.

I honestly see no problem with asking in a nice manner. No one is demanding or throwing a fit; that would be out of line and place the staff in an awkward position. Asking someone politely a question that has a yes or no answer should not really be awkward.

People come here all the time to say their traveling companion was allowed in upon request. So, I say, ask nicely but expect a no, and be pleasantly surprised if you get a yes. You may very well be on a sailing with very few Diamond members and Royal might want the opportunity to wow your friend, give a taste of the perks.

If you book a GS, then both of you can go to the Concierge Lounge....just a thought.

The OP was asking about the Diamond Lounge.

But understand where you were going with post.

Well stated.

I honestly see no problem with asking in a nice manner. No one is demanding or throwing a fit; that would be out of line and place the staff in an awkward position. Asking someone politely a question that has a yes or no answer should not really be awkward.

People come here all the time to say their traveling companion was allowed in upon request. So, I say, ask nicely but expect a no, and be pleasantly surprised if you get a yes. You may very well be on a sailing with very few Diamond members and Royal might want the opportunity to wow your friend, give a taste of the perks.

I wish that they would either enforce the rule or allow the travel companion (like Celebrity). There will always be people who make the assumption (Celebrity cruisers) or who just don't know the policy or who ask Royal Caribbean and get the same response as me.

It really shouldn't be that difficult for a concierge to politely explain the policy, offer an "I'm sorry" and decline the request. These are professionals and being "put on the spot" shouldn't be that big of a deal.

I've made requests on board that were refused. I survived and so did the staff member that refused the request.

unless that person is your spouse or resides with you as a full time domestic partner( and you have linked your profiles) then no. only peopel who have earned the status may use the lounges.

This person is my domestic partner. That changes things? How would I get them a C&A number before the cruise since he has never cruised before and how do I link it to my profile? :confused:

This person is my domestic partner. That changes things? How would I get them a C&A number before the cruise since he has never cruised before and how do I link it to my profile? :confused:

Call C&A: 800-526-9723.

Edited by clarea

I agree. That was a bad response. You either can or you can't. Domestic partner sould have no bearring whatsoever.

On our son's first cruise with his partner they visited the LA at the beginning of the cruise. They snickered his partner's card, instant Diamond, and if the ship had had a Diamond Lounge he would have been welcome.

As advised... call C&A and have your SO added. If their set sail pass does not note the appropriate level (your level) upon boarding go see the Loyalty Ambassador and they will put a sticker on the SO's card. If you want a printed card... then just head to guest services and they will be happy to provide a new card. They can also confirm that the 'coupons' are added to the SO's card. Nice perk to have the extra free internet minutes.

I hope you enjoy your cruise.

Directly from the RCI web page...

A Crown & Anchor Society member can be added into a relationship with other family members in the same household and receive equivalent tier status; however Cruise Points will remain according to actual cruises taken and calculated using the Program level accrual system described above. Pinnacle Club member tier status will not be awarded to dependents if earned by their parent and/or guardian. Pinnacle Club member tier status can only be earned by an individual, spouse or significant other by one of them accumulating 700 Cruise Points or more in the CAS program.

For all tiers except Pinnacle Club, a relationship is defined as a spouse or significant other and children less than 18 years old. For Pinnacle Club a relationship is considered a spouse and/or significant other. Children will be taken out of a relationship with a parent or guardian upon their 18th birthday date. If it is found that a dependent or child is not immediately removed from a relationship upon their 18th birthday and accumulates a higher tier status outside of this time period, the dependents record will be adjust back to the appropriate tier status.

Edited by LindaO

No to Diamond liunge and Mel on Indie is strict.

Maybe to Welcome back party.

Mel is great.

Mel had to go home suddenly in the middle of last week. Family emergency. Not sure when she will be back.