62 points went POOF! Worst IT error I've experienced

Yes, I checked my cruise points today after disembarking a cruise just 1 week ago. I didn't get 8 points added to my total cruise points but they subtracted 62 points and they can't figure out why. :eek: Someone is working on it but they seem to think cruises have dropped off my record. So basically...they are going to say "too bad".

And since we are away for a while on cruises, I have no access to my file at home with my most recent point print out.

I am totally frustrated with RCI and their worst ever IT department. There is nothing I can do about their errors long distance.

I just felt like publicly venting. And I hope RCI sees this.

Gina

Yes, I checked my cruise points today after disembarking a cruise just 1 week ago. I didn't get 8 points added to my total cruise points but they subtracted 62 points and they can't figure out why. :eek: Someone is working on it but they seem to think cruises have dropped off my record. So basically...they are going to say "too bad".

And since we are away for a while on cruises, I have no access to my file at home with my most recent point print out.

I am totally frustrated with RCI and their worst ever IT department. There is nothing I can do about their errors long distance.

I just felt like publicly venting. And I hope RCI sees this.

Gina

Now you've got me checking my points!

Good luck Gina, please let us know how it turns out.

Edited by clarea

That's horrible! I hope you can get it resolved and have your points restored. I can't imagine how their IT department can make such a glaring mistake and then say "too bad."

Because pretty much they believe what it shows in "my cruises" is what it is. They re-add up the points and say it adds up. They then throw the ball in your court to prove your cruises. Pulling up records for dozens and dozens of cruises is time consuming when at home and impossible when away from home.

RCI doesn't allow the option to pull up all cruise history on one page making it difficult to keep a complete history in one click. I print out the main C&A page after almost every cruise with the points listed, and file it away. I don't bring it with me on a ship. I did save a computer document recently for the first time but it's on my hard drive at home.

Every time I go away on a cruise I find an RCI problem to deal while at the hotel - based on bad IT. The pattern of sitting on hold with them is repeated often, cutting into our vacation time. This time I had to keep a friend waiting for an hour. Last time it was a pricing issue I had that required resolution. They managed to reprice a cruise more than once in my recent history - in their favor.

RCI continues to make the process of booking and taking cruises a big hassle for me. This is exactly why we are cutting way back on our cruises after this year's Quantum cruise.

Gina

I just felt like publicly venting. And I hope RCI sees this. Gina

Yes this sucks, especially to such a good ambassador to RCL that you are, you're always so positive on the boards and helpful, but you're right the IT challenges the past year have been inexcusable. If my business were run by an IT firm like this, they'd be immediately fired and likely out of business forever. I bet RCL is under contract with them for a while, same with the ISP, webservers, etc :mad:

You bet they'll see this! I asked them specifically if they read CC and they have people look through the posts. Also on my first b2b2b on Vision last year the DL thanked me for speaking so highly of him in one of my surveys I dropped in the box from the previous cruise... it goes all the way to Miami and they go through them, Effren in DL got the word right away.

It'll work out for you, I'm sure... enjoy your cruise to it's fullest!!! :D

What ship you on?

Yes this sucks, especially to such a good ambassador to RCL that you are, you're always so positive on the boards and helpful, but you're right the IT challenges the past year have been inexcusable. If my business were run by an IT firm like this, they'd be immediately fired and likely out of business forever. I bet RCL is under contract with them for a while, same with the ISP, webservers, etc :mad:

You bet they'll see this! I asked them specifically if they read CC and they have people look through the posts. Also on my first b2b2b on Vision last year the DL thanked me for speaking so highly of him in one of my surveys I dropped in the box from the previous cruise... it goes all the way to Miami and they go through them, Effren in DL got the word right away.

It'll work out for you, I'm sure... enjoy your cruise to it's fullest!!! :D

What ship you on?

Thank you for your thoughts. We're working our way up the coast to join Rhapsody of the Seas in a week. I agree, Efren is a very nice man. RCI has a strong bunch of concierges.

Gina

Thank you for your thoughts. We're working our way up the coast to join Rhapsody of the Seas in a week. I agree, Efren is a very nice man. RCI has a strong bunch of concierges.

Gina

Ah Rhapsody!!... you'll be sailing by my neck of the woods.

Maybe you've been on Rhapsody since refurb, but if not be sure to visit the DL on this ship.... waaaaaay better positioned than Vision, at the very back of the lounge with floor to ceiling aft view :)

Ah Rhapsody!!... you'll be sailing by my neck of the woods.

Maybe you've been on Rhapsody since refurb, but if not be sure to visit the DL on this ship.... waaaaaay better positioned than Vision, at the very back of the lounge with floor to ceiling aft view :)

I actually prefer the Vision DL location much better. Rhapsody has too much engine vibration at higher speeds and it requires walking through Bingo and the art auctions and other events. I don't mind having the side ocean view on Vision either. But any lounge is a good lounge. :) I don't even mind the interior CLs on voyager and freedom class.

I print out the main C&A page after almost every cruise with the points listed, and file it away. I don't bring it with me on a ship. I did save a computer document recently for the first time but it's on my hard drive at home.

Gina

Gina, I am sorry to year about your situation. I hope it can be resolved quickly.

Your comment above, did make me realize that is something smart to do after every cruise. We have always checked to see that our points have been updated but never really thought that they would disappear. We have not kept all of our room keys over the cruises as some say they do, but thanks to digital photography there is proof easy to assemble. It is just not instant, like you need right now.

Good luck Gina,

Andrew

If you have proof of the missing cruises in terms of an old seapass or ship photograph than you can get them added back to your cruise history. Pain in the neck I know, but can be done. I took a Monarch of the Seas cruise in 1992 then didn't cruise again for almost 20 years. When I joined C&A, I sent them a picture from the ship's photographer and was able to get the 7 points.

... I did save a computer document recently for the first time but it's on my hard drive at home. ...

I make a PDF file for each page of the our cruise history (I know, very time consuming), and attach all the PDF files to one email message to myself. That way I have access all the time.

I really feel your pain as the same thing happened to me last November after disembarking Rhapsody, instead of getting my points added they took seven away never to be seen again despite numerous emails and calls to C & A in USA. I can't find the missing cruise either and I was 6 points off diamond plus at the time. Really upset me, I never dreamed they would just take the points away and make me dig up all my old cruises. I thought to email Adam Goldstein ?? To lose 62 points must be very distressing, I wish you luck sorting it out and any hints for getting my points back would be appreciated. Sue

I'm on my way to the Crown & Anchor area right now to check my points. It is pretty ridiculous that people should have to reconstruct their cruise history because of RCI's IT department. Everyone, including RCI I am sure, knows it has constant issues.

What a horrible experience to go through. Thats almost nine 7 night cruises worth of points gone :( Even worse than that is RCI taking the "too bad so sad" highway.

Edited by ryano

Just checked ours after returning home a few days ago. Eight went poof! Can't see where anything looks different in our histories. It's like they thought we wouldn't notice. Keeping copies from now on! :(

Similar situation happened to me recently.

I went in to pay off my cruise and it was up $184 or so. I called the 800 number to have them fix it and they said......looks right to us on this end. I explained I had my booking confirmation which clearly shows the lower balance but they wouldn't hear it.

I finally figured out that THEY some how removed the residency rate discount from my cruise.

They did apologize and threw in another $50 obc - so yes definitely pay close attention to whats going on.

Thanks for sharing and now I guess I better go and print a copy of my cruise history and points :rolleyes:

Now I'm afraid to look. Our next cruise will make us D+. Fortunately, I have every Sign and Sail card from every cruise for both DH & I plus our friends who are our TA's keep everything. I just don't think anyone should have to prove something all over again that was already there previously.

I just checked and mine are fine. RCI has one of the worst IT departments I have ever seen. My DS is an IT manager and handles several companies in the town where he lives and he wouldn't have a job if he did as poor a job as RCI does.

Edited by BND