Pork and beans for supper ?

kborth

Hi we are going on our first Celebrity cruise in the Med and whirl perusing the menui noticed this as a chef recommendation.how is food in MDR these days? Thanks

Pork & beans for breakfast on the S-Class ships, but haven't had it for dinner.

Food is a very subjective issue. Personally, I don't have a problem. There's always something to my liking on the menu.

Hi we are going on our first Celebrity cruise in the Med and whirl perusing the menui noticed this as a chef recommendation.how is food in MDR these days? Thanks

Pork and beans? For dinner in the MDR? Are you sure? I've never seen it on a Celebrity menu.

Just got off a B2B on the Reflection and - yes, they had Pork and Beans on the dinner menu. It was definitely not like the Van Camp's Pork and Beans out of the can :) Actually looked quite good and the person eating it said it was good.

Just got off a B2B on the Reflection and - yes, they had Pork and Beans on the dinner menu. It was definitely not like the Van Camp's Pork and Beans out of the can :) Actually looked quite good and the person eating it said it was good.

I just had it on the Reflection TA. It was a white bean puree with pork tenderloin. It was pretty good but the pork was a bit overcooked. Not your usual pork and beans, thats for sure.

They need to rename it.:D

Porc et de Haricots

I just had it on the Reflection TA. It was a white bean puree with pork tenderloin. It was pretty good but the pork was a bit overcooked. Not your usual pork and beans, thats for sure.

Thank you! All I could invision was that blob of fat that's always floating at the top of the can.

OH YEAH,

It was featured on the Eclipse on the TA. I totally cracked up, the waiter told me it was silced pork loin with white canellini beans. Kind of like a Cassoulet.

It was probably delicious, however it was THE joke of the night

:D

Edited by cruisefreaks

It was on our Eclipse cruise in March. I couldn't believe it so gave it a try. It was edible, but not anything I would ever order again. It was just completely bland.

Edited by Ma Bell

I had visions of the scene from Blazing Saddles. :eek:

When I saw it on the menu I pictured Charlie Chaplin in "The Immigrant" having the waiter serve him a plate of beans for his first meal in the U.S.A.

I'm sure it would not be the same on Celebrity. LOL

bosco

There certainly are a number of pork cuts that could go very well with beans on the side....I don't recall seeing this offered on a ship, but I probably would order it. Could be a very nice pork chop with beans as a side, or pork loin with beans on the side. The name is catchy....but no different than the now renamed "airline chicken" in blu which wasn't a tiny piece of chicken in tasteless sauce that you would get on an airline, but named because the bottom piece of the wing is left on the chicken breast.

• 1 year later...