Exhausted reading negative comments

mamamzee

I get what you mean. Reading the Celebrity forum for a few weeks without posting has pretty much made me choose a different line to branch out from RCI to. Everyday for weeks on end it is complaints and negative stories and moaning. Can it really be that bad? Don't know, not sure I want to stump the $$$ to find out though. Where there's smoke.....

I also am booked on Celebrity this October 2014. I have read all the negative reports about the classic drink package too. So I emailed Michael Bayley President and CEO of Celebrity Cruises office .I was assured that we are being heard. His office replied promptly and sent me all the information that we will need to get a drink on our cruise. The policies on the ships were not being followed the same across the company.They are fixing the problem now. Let's give them a chance to get it right. I have sailed many times on Royal Caribbean and Celebrity Cruise lines and have never been disappointed. We have 136 days left.

Edited by lecbc

Where there's smoke.....

You are walking thru the smoking area! Which most time is comprised of less than one percent of the total on ship. Same thing on CC. There is no way we will take a chance missing something nice because 1% pu-pu about it. The 99% carry no weight? Really? Oh well.

Ironic really.

I'd rather know about issues beforehand and getting them addressed before I depart. I hate nasty surprises on holidays. And some of the changes were nasty. And nothing like your example. If you don't understand the difference that's not my issue.

Good for those whose beers remained on the list. Of course they'd be happy.

I don't drink expensive wines either and partner likes normal beers. But all that was left was pretty much poor choice. Bud beer? It's also about delivering the product that was advertised. Celebrity knew that deep down and once highlighted knew it had to be rectified.

I also am booked on Celebrity this October 2014. I have read all the negative reports about the classic drink package too. So I emailed Michael Bayley President and CEO of Celebrity Cruises office .I was assured that we are being heard. His office replied promptly and sent me all the information that we will need to get a drink on our cruise. The policies on the ships were not being followed the same across the company.They are fixing the problem now. Let's give them a chance to get it right. I have sailed many times on Royal Caribbean and Celebrity Cruise lines and have never been disappointed. We have 136 days left.

And that (highlighted in red) is why it's worth posting negative comments! :D

Edited by chamima

I sailed on the reflection for the first time in January to celebrate my 50th birthday. As a surprise, my husband upgraded us to Aqua Class. Here on this board, I received soooooooooo many negative comments that I could have let it ruin my attitude or even cause me to cancel. That would have been a HUGE mistake!!!! We had a wonderful time! Blu was fabulous. The drink package was great for us. No complaints! We booked another cruise on the Reflection again January 15 while on board. We got a terrific deal... Wish we could have gotten a suite this time but that will have to wait :-)

This board is very helpful for information about the cruise. But one has to remember that everything on this board is subjective... Just another person's experience. (Like mine)

Go with an open mind and make the most of your vacation. Celebrity offers a great product!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Even six months out, I am excited about the next cruise and read CC every day. Our last cruise was HAL and we got lucky with upgrades/upsells and ended up in a suite. Lots of HAL customers had their panties in a wad over all kinds of little things and I got so tired of it , I never considered HAL this time.

Lots of complaints on Celebrity about rising prices of drinks. I just got back from Publix grocery store and found a package of lettuce to be 4.99--yikes. Ground meat is out of sight too. It is what it is, on or off ships.

We booked AQ this time just for the experience of BLU and all the rest and now I read that it's a terrible restaurant, too busy, food is lousy, etc.

I am going to read no more on CC. Bye.

It sounds like the OP had a nice cruise on HAL. Why would the OP care what others had to say, good or bad? He/she had first-hand experience with HAL and apparently it was a good. Makes no sense not to consider HAL again.

As for the negative reviews about Celebrity's drink prices and BLU, these appear to be mostly in the minority. There will always be some who will dislike some aspect of a cruise, or the changing values of the cruise line, etc. That's just human nature. It's impossible for 100% of the passengers on any cruise to be completely satisfied. We all like to complain now and then.

We're booked on the Refection for December 6 and I read reviews from time to time. It's a little concerning when I see a review with a long list of complaints. But, I try to put in into perspective. I see many more positive reviews than negative.

You are walking thru the smoking area! Which most time is comprised of less than one percent of the total on ship. Same thing on CC. There is no way we will take a chance missing something nice because 1% pu-pu about it. The 99% carry no weight? Really? Oh well.

Please don't put a percentage when you have absolutely no way of knowing its accuracy. Given the number of people who booked the 123 promo then your 1% is well off. It was no pu pu and Celebrity listened. So it seems your "disputed" 1% carried quite a lot of weight.

I don't think of it as complaining- I think of it as sharing their experience. I read all the posts because I like to have a knowledge of other peoples experiences. What is loud and noisy for one person might be a comfortable level of noise for another.

I appreciate all the feedback- I go with an open mind and I am always pleasantly surprised that the cruise was even better than I though it was going to be :)

This will be our first time on board Celebrity and I think it will be fabulous!! After all- it is my vacation!

We sail on Celebrity a couple of times a year and find very little to complain about. We have seen people do the following: Complain because their table did not have a saucier to sauce their shrimp cocktail, complain because there were not enough chocolate chips in the cookies, complain because their lobster was sauced when it came to the table,even though the menu did say that's the way it came. We have seen guests abuse the wait staff and we have seen guests complain that the elevator stopped on every level. We have seen people order their dinner and when it came they said the didn't want it and the ordered a cheese burger with fries and the waiter had to get it. Quite frankly I think there are people who just like to complain and they don't eat or live at well at home as they do on the ship. Sure prices for things go up. When you give perks or have promotions they are going to be paid for one way or another. We were on a cruise from Barcelona to Fort Lauderdale last November and half the ship was Elite. They were upstairs during cocktail hour having the free booze. Free isn't free and anyone who thinks it is, is kidding themselves. And yes we are off to Rome in November to do a Trans Atlantic on the Constellation. I say to those who complain stop and smell the roses and enjoy your cruise.

We sail on Celebrity a couple of times a year and find very little to complain about. We have seen people do the following: Complain because their table did not have a saucier to sauce their shrimp cocktail, complain because there were not enough chocolate chips in the cookies, complain because their lobster was sauced when it came to the table,even though the menu did say that's the way it came. We have seen guests abuse the wait staff and we have seen guests complain that the elevator stopped on every level. We have seen people order their dinner and when it came they said the didn't want it and the ordered a cheese burger with fries and the waiter had to get it. Quite frankly I think there are people who just like to complain and they don't eat or live at well at home as they do on the ship. Sure prices for things go up. When you give perks or have promotions they are going to be paid for one way or another. We were on a cruise from Barcelona to Fort Lauderdale last November and half the ship was Elite. They were upstairs during cocktail hour having the free booze. Free isn't free and anyone who thinks it is, is kidding themselves. And yes we are off to Rome in November to do a Trans Atlantic on the Constellation. I say to those who complain stop and smell the roses and enjoy your cruise.

Amen and thank you!! :)

This reminds me of the time we were on our 2nd or 3rd Celebrity cruise, we thought we were having a great time, loving everything about the cruise until we had lunch with a couple of ladies that proceeded to tell us just how terrible everything was on this cruise compared to their last one. Was glad when that lunch was over so we could get back to having a good time.

This reminds me of the time we were on our 2nd or 3rd Celebrity cruise, we thought we were having a great time, loving everything about the cruise until we had lunch with a couple of ladies that proceeded to tell us just how terrible everything was on this cruise compared to their last one. Was glad when that lunch was over so we could get back to having a good time.

LIKE!

Mary Lou

Please don't put a percentage when you have absolutely no way of knowing its accuracy. Given the number of people who booked the 123 promo then your 1% is well off. It was no pu pu and Celebrity listened. So it seems your "disputed" 1% carried quite a lot of weight.

Oh my:eek: just got my knuckles rapped with the ruler! Lighten up and smell the burgers grillin with the onions at the Mast Bar Grill. So it may be 5% or 10% who knows! We are booked once again and ready to sail on Celebrity and will no doubt have a berry berry wounderful cruise.

We just returned from Celebrity Solstice to Alaska on Friday. We had Aqua class, and we loved Blu. Actually, we loved everything about Celebrity. We have sailed on Carnival Magic, Carnival Conquest, Disney Wonder and Royal Caribbean Navigator of the Seas. The Celebrity staff is hands down the friendliest. The food in Blu is amazing. The ship is beautiful and very clean. The beverage package was great! We loved this ship!

Even six months out, I am excited about the next cruise and read CC every day. Our last cruise was HAL and we got lucky with upgrades/upsells and ended up in a suite. Lots of HAL customers had their panties in a wad over all kinds of little things and I got so tired of it , I never considered HAL this time.

Lots of complaints on Celebrity about rising prices of drinks. I just got back from Publix grocery store and found a package of lettuce to be 4.99--yikes. Ground meat is out of sight too. It is what it is, on or off ships.

We booked AQ this time just for the experience of BLU and all the rest and now I read that it's a terrible restaurant, too busy, food is lousy, etc.

I am going to read no more on CC. Bye.

I wouldn't categorize them as complaints but rather observances or disappointments in the changes that Celebrity has been making. If someone has never cruised on Celebrity they wouldn't know. There are many faithful Celebrity passsengers and it is reflected by the amount of Elite or higher status in their Captains Club. These members are just commenting on many of the things that they have enjoyed and have kept them loyal to the brand but are gradually disappearing or eliminated completely and are not happy about it.

🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

I wouldn't categorize them as complaints but rather observances or disappointments in the changes that Celebrity has been making. If someone has never cruised on Celebrity they wouldn't know. There are many faithful Celebrity passsengers and it is reflected by the amount of Elite or higher status in their Captains Club. These members are just commenting on many of the things that they have enjoyed and have kept them loyal to the brand but are gradually disappearing or eliminated completely and are not happy about it.

This raps up our feelings exactly.

Most everyone wants as cheap a price for a cruise as possible. Then squawk when hit with diminished service or higher on board prices. Cruise lines gotta turn a profit.
Probably 90% of the world's population will never go on a cruise, much less a vacation.
I've travelled all over the planet and met many local people who marveled at the cruise ship docked near their town. And could only dream of ever getting on one.
Be happy, you get to live the dream.

[quote name='miched']I wouldn't categorize them as complaints but rather observances or disappointments in the changes that Celebrity has been making. If someone has never cruised on Celebrity they wouldn't know. There are many faithful Celebrity passsengers and it is reflected by the amount of Elite or higher status in their Captains Club. These members are just commenting on many of the things that they have enjoyed and have kept them loyal to the brand but are gradually disappearing or eliminated completely and are not happy about it.

🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅[/QUOTE]

That sounds about right , and why shouldnt I be able to express a concern here on CC -- my beef is with the deterioration of the wine by glass list in The Premium Beverage Package . It was the ground swell of criticism regarding the Classic Package that got that rectified so this forum is useful for that .

[quote name='buffetking']Most everyone wants as cheap a price for a cruise as possible. Then squawk when hit with diminished service or higher on board prices. Cruise lines gotta turn a profit.

Probably 90% of the world's population will never go on a cruise, much less a vacation.

I've travelled all over the planet and met many local people who marveled at the cruise ship docked near their town. And could only dream of ever getting on one.

Be happy, you get to live the dream.[/QUOTE]

And companies should not take advantage of that. The bottom line is that whatever the luxury item that is purchased, the goods must be delivered. Using your line of thought, people would pay for Gucci but should be happy if they received a Target bag. After all, it's still a bag. Edited by Pushka
edit

[quote name='hammo']That sounds about right , and why shouldnt I be able to express a concern here on CC -- my beef is with the deterioration of the wine by glass list in The Premium Beverage Package . It was the ground swell of criticism regarding the Classic Package that got that rectified so this forum is useful for that .[/QUOTE]

Did we get a recent premium wine list (and prices) by the glass? I wold like to know what is available before I make my purchase. Also, did we ever hear back about the 100% positive that you can pay JUST the extra cost over $13.00? Thanks!

[quote name='20pluscruises']Did we get a recent premium wine list (and prices) by the glass? I wold like to know what is available before I make my purchase. Also, did we ever hear back about the 100% positive that you can pay JUST the extra cost over $13.00? Thanks![/QUOTE]

Premium top ups have always been the norm.
It has not changed.

[quote name='~Cruisenut~']Premium top ups have always been the norm.
It has not changed.[/QUOTE]

Celebrity recently posted that they were 99% certain is was still the same and said they would get back to us with answer...did they get back to us?

[quote name='20pluscruises'][COLOR="Red"][U]Did we get a recent premium wine list [/U][/COLOR](and prices) by the glass? I wold like to know what is available before I make my purchase. Also, did we ever hear back about the 100% positive that you can pay JUST the extra cost over $13.00? Thanks![/QUOTE]

[quote name='20pluscruises']Celebrity recently posted that they were 99% certain is was still the same and said they would get back to us with answer...[B][COLOR="Red"]did they get back to us?[/COLOR][/B][/QUOTE]

No and no. :(

[quote name='grandgeezer']This raps up our feelings exactly.[/QUOTE]
same here. It if is branded as an upscale "Modern Luxury" cruise line, you should expect certain items. If they are not present, you will be disappointed. If is perfectly acceptable to compare current cruises to past cruises.

Celebrity is really not much different than RCI, Princess and/or HAL. Celebrity is trying to sell itself as the upscaled modern cruise line. X is good in many ways and falls short in many ways. We cruise them all and each has their good and bad if you really want to find it. We take it for what it is worth. Getting away for the 7, 10 or how many days.
Food and entertainment is subjective.
Prices are higher on Celebrity in many areas.
JMHO!