Is Concierge Class Still Relevant?

JonnyCT81

Hey All,

I was just thinking this and thought I would put it out to all of you to get your feedback. My partner and I have been on 5 sailings so far with Celebrity, staying in Aqua Class for all sailings. We were talking the other night while looking at future bookings about what the current relevance is of CC in the ships? Now I will say I have never stayed in a basic Veranda class, however our friends were staying in CC on our last cruise with us and paid almost the same amount of $$ as we did but didn't get the perks with Blu and the Spa. So I ask, what exactly is the point of CC in the current X fleet? My thoughts would be to get rid of it, and have more suites and do something like "The Haven" setup on NCL. The reason I say this is that on our last B2B we got upgraded for free (first time that happened) to a Sky Suite and we really didn't see much of the perks of it and would of rather had Aqua instead so we didn't have to pay $5/pp each night for the first leg of the cruise. Curious to hear what your thoughts are, thanks and happy cruising!

Edited by JonnyCT81

Hey All,

I was just thinking this and thought I would put it out to all of you to get your feedback. My partner and I have been on 6 sailings so far with Celebrity, staying in Aqua Class for all sailings. We were talking the other night while looking at future bookings about what the current relevance is of CC in the ships? Now I will say I have never stayed in a basic Veranda class, however our friends were staying in CC on our last cruise with us and paid almost the same amount of $$ as we did but didn't get the perks with Blu and the Spa. So I ask, what exactly is the point of CC in the current X fleet? My thoughts would be to get rid of it, and have more suites and do something like "The Haven" setup on NCL. The reason I say this is that on our last B2B we got upgraded for free (first time that happened) to a Sky Suite and we really didn't see much of the perks of it and would of rather had Aqua instead so we didn't have to pay $5/pp each night for the first leg of the cruise. Curious to hear what your thoughts are, thanks and happy cruising!

This has been discussed many times and a thread search will give you many opinions. For me it is worth it on an M Class ship where the Concierge cabin is larger than a standard balcony. Not worth it on an S Class ship where the cabins are the same size. Some who need extra points may find some advantage since you get 5 points per night rather than 3. You get the same points in AQ.

This has been discussed many times and a thread search will give you many opinions. For me it is worth it on an M Class ship where the Concierge cabin is larger than a standard balcony. Not worth it on an S Class ship where the cabins are the same size. Some who need extra points may find some advantage since you get 5 points per night rather than 3. You get the same points in AQ.

I would have agreed with you until they converted the 9th floor rooms to AQ and added the deck 11 AQ....on all the "M" class ships...

I agree with the OP I don't see the value in a CC at all as far as "perks" are concerned...would rather spend a few more $$ and get AQ and Blu.....you know the saying......"for a nickel more you can go 1st class"..... well it may be more than a nickel but if you're looking at CC chances are you can afford AQ....so why not go for the better option??

We normally book Concierge but will go reg balcony if the pricing is too high. We never book AQ (prefer the better cabin locations of CC, not interested in Blu and we usually travel with friends and enjoy our 4-8 top in the MDR) I do get annoyed when AQ is priced lower than CC tho:D

We normally book Concierge but will go reg balcony if the pricing is too high. We never book AQ (prefer the better cabin locations of CC, not interested in Blu and we usually travel with friends and enjoy our 4-8 top in the MDR) I do get annoyed when AQ is priced lower than CC tho:D

Like on our next sailing;

Inside 1,949.00 USD*

Ocean ViewSold Out

Veranda 2,399.00 USD

Concierge Class 3,099.00 USD

Aqua Class 3,049.00 USD

Suite 4,049.00 USD

Why would you book a CC at this time?

I would have agreed with you until they converted the 9th floor rooms to AQ and added the deck 11 AQ....on all the "M" class ships...

I agree with the OP I don't see the value in a CC at all as far as "perks" are concerned...would rather spend a few more $$ and get AQ and Blu.....you know the saying......"for a nickel more you can go 1st class"..... well it may be more than a nickel but if you're looking at CC chances are you can afford AQ....so why not go for the better option??

I've been in those deck 11 cabins at least 5 times and would take them whenever possible. Love the small seating areas outside some of the cabins. Nice to just sit out there while waiting for my DW. But, they can be costly for some since they are A1 cabins and the price could make a difference.

Hey All,

I was just thinking this and thought I would put it out to all of you to get your feedback. My partner and I have been on 5 sailings so far with Celebrity, staying in Aqua Class for all sailings. We were talking the other night while looking at future bookings about what the current relevance is of CC in the ships? Now I will say I have never stayed in a basic Veranda class, however our friends were staying in CC on our last cruise with us and paid almost the same amount of $$ as we did but didn't get the perks with Blu and the Spa. So I ask, what exactly is the point of CC in the current X fleet? My thoughts would be to get rid of it, and have more suites and do something like "The Haven" setup on NCL. The reason I say this is that on our last B2B we got upgraded for free (first time that happened) to a Sky Suite and we really didn't see much of the perks of it and would of rather had Aqua instead so we didn't have to pay $5/pp each night for the first leg of the cruise. Curious to hear what your thoughts are, thanks and happy cruising!

They could also add some perks and make it more relevant. I'm sure they have something in their bag of tricks they can come up with. It is written all the time on this board how much it has become less attractive at least on the S class ships.

There are really only two reasons why people choose to book CC over a standard veranda cabin on S Class (other than the price being lower in rare cases):

1) They have not done their research and they really think the perks are really worthwhile. I have seen many posts where people state that they've booked CC "to get the priority embarkation". Now, we all know that's pretty darn elusive, may be no benefit at all, and I have never waited more than 5 minutes at any time to get my seapass no matter what line I'm in. I've also seen a lot of references to 'better cabin location'. Phhttt. Nope, not buying that one at all. Possibly on a specific cruise the only thing left in a preferred location is a CC, but in general there are just as good locations in balcony cabins.

2) They like the feeling that they are 'special'. They like feeling that they will be treated better, and somehow feel that they are superior to the hoi polloi in 'lesser' cabins. I know, because admittedly I used to feel this way myself, til I woke up and smelled the ocean breezes. The staff is so well trained, they give preferential treatment to everyone! Short of major suites (who pay well for the pampering) everyone on board that I've ever noticed is treated fabulously well. Face it, CC is a marketing ploy--and it works for a lot of people, and as long as the public keep buying into the 'dream', it'll be around.

I think the CC cabin designation are more of a way to sell once the standard verandas are gone a new cabin type with extra perks to justify the increased price. And of course some like the extra amenities, and the locations can be more "prime real-estate" to many.

But it makes it much easier to suck up paying a bit more for basically the same cabin when it's called Concierge. :D

We have liked CC in past if priced about $10/day or less than a standard veranda. I would try AQ if lower than CC and still within the $10/day premium.

We typically sail with others and like the larger tables too.

It's only worth it on S class if you want mid ship and the veranda mid ship cabins are all are booked. On our upcoming Summit cruise, AQ was booked and Concierge gives us a mid ship location with the larger size accommodatios.

Defined Italy not worth paying a large premium.

and the locations can be more "prime real-estate" to many.

:D

Only if they buy into the adverstising!

Last year we had a C2, deck 9, aft side of the hump, port.

This year we 'stepped down':D to a lowly 1A on deck 8 forward angle of the hump on the starboard side. Not much difference in the real-estate tween deck 8 & 9.

We have done Sky Suite on Century, which my mum booked for my 40th Birthday, so a real treat for little old me. Lovely and spacious.

I booked a CC fora 60th Birthday 6 months later, because I liked the idea of her having fresh fruit and flowers every day.

We have booked CC class for this year because she wanted a particular room and it happenend to be CC.

I was looking at a cruise for me and my children and was going to have nothing above Veranda....HOWEVER, the CC room showed no difference in price when I booked it, so i thought why not. The boarding part is no issue for me, it takes as long as it takes, end of. I enjoy my cheap grotty bottle of sparkling plonk with a touch of Orange Juice, but other than the points, there is no difference and it certainly is not essential. To me, if it is the same price as a lower stateroom, then why not huh lol :D

The only time we sailed in a CC cabin was when it was offered for less than the balcony cabin we had booked. The primary perk on that cruise was the extra Captain's Club credit that put us into Elite. After that, we started booking AQ cabins and haven't looked back. The AQ perks over CC perks is significant. Earlier this year we were on a family cruise and when we didn't want to pay for AQ for our adult children's cabins, we went with standard balcony cabins. I don't see the value to the CC cabins.

I booked two CC's previously on S class ships because the cabin was on the hump and I loved the location. It was hardly more than a 1A and I got a fantastic price. This time I booked a 1A onboard and got a fantastic price for the Baltic and have not seen it go lower, not to mention the OBC from Celebrity and from my TA. The OBC is so much, that I know we will come home with several hundred. I guess we all have our reasons for doing what we do. :cool:

Edited by Lastdance

There are really only two reasons why people choose to book CC over a standard veranda cabin on S Class (other than the price being lower in rare cases):

1) They have not done their research and they really think the perks are really worthwhile. I have seen many posts where people state that they've booked CC "to get the priority embarkation". Now, we all know that's pretty darn elusive, may be no benefit at all, and I have never waited more than 5 minutes at any time to get my seapass no matter what line I'm in. I've also seen a lot of references to 'better cabin location'. Phhttt. Nope, not buying that one at all. Possibly on a specific cruise the only thing left in a preferred location is a CC, but in general there are just as good locations in balcony cabins.

2) They like the feeling that they are 'special'. They like feeling that they will be treated better, and somehow feel that they are superior to the hoi polloi in 'lesser' cabins. I know, because admittedly I used to feel this way myself, til I woke up and smelled the ocean breezes. The staff is so well trained, they give preferential treatment to everyone! Short of major suites (who pay well for the pampering) everyone on board that I've ever noticed is treated fabulously well. Face it, CC is a marketing ploy--and it works for a lot of people, and as long as the public keep buying into the 'dream', it'll be around.

I am trying to figure out if I should take exception to this post:confused: That is a pretty wide brush stroke that you have lumped me in. I do my research and know exactly what I am getting. I also do not book CC to be "special" :rolleyes: I prefer cabin location, (C2's on Sky deck (10) on S Class preferably", larger rooms on the M Class and a few of the amenities such as the foot stools on the balcony. It will not spoil my cruise if I sail in a reg balcony but if the price point meets our budget I will book CC every time.

Is Concierge still relevant? I guess it depends on what you are looking for. We love Concierge and that would be due to location as we are aft addicts. We've had the S1 on the aft wrap but for much less money we get the same awesome view in a C1. Location is everything to us so to those that claim it isn't so - your opinion. I've had 2 cruises in a standard veranda, 2 in a CC, 1 in an S1 and my next cruise in a CC gets me to Elite. It is all about what it's worth to you.

I am trying to figure out if I should take exception to this post:confused: That is a pretty wide brush stroke that you have lumped me in. I do my research and know exactly what I am getting. I also do not book CC to be "special" :rolleyes: I prefer cabin location, (C2's on Sky deck (10) on S Class preferably", larger rooms on the M Class and a few of the amenities such as the foot stools on the balcony. It will not spoil my cruise if I sail in a reg balcony but if the price point meets our budget I will book CC every time.

I totally agree with you. Thank you.

Hey, if it works for you and fits in your budget, great!

To the original poster, as you can see...some folks do like CC class

cabins.

Different strokes for different folks. I sometimes book one, depending

on price and cabin location. Not to "feel special" but because it is

a cabin I want and it is within my budget.

If they do away with class of cabin? Then I guess the people who book

them will have to choose another category.

I agree with Jane, worth it if that is the what you are looking for.

Yea kind of rude actually. Either I don't research or I want to feel special. That's it, no other reasons people would book CC. Wow! Look who is special now. I've booked CC many times and AQ a few. On M class it was a no brainer especially in the early CC days. But now on S class the CC was $30 pp more for a 10 night cruise. AQ was $300 more PP than CC so we didn't want to swing that. It's actually $1,300 more pp now so no upgrade for us.

I book for location and the foot stools. Spend a lot of time on the balcony and it does make a difference. The nicer towels are good but really book for location and foot stools. Oh yea, expanded breakfast room service is nice too. I'll swing another $6 a day for that. Guess you were right, that does make me feel special.

But, thanks for sharing your knowledge with the rest of us.

Yea kind of rude actually. Either I don't research or I want to feel special. That's it, no other reasons people would book CC. Wow! Look who is special now. I've booked CC many times and AQ a few. On M class it was a no brainer especially in the early CC days. But now on S class the CC was $30 pp more for a 10 night cruise. AQ was $300 more PP than CC so we didn't want to swing that. It's actually $1,300 more pp now so no upgrade for us.

I book for location and the foot stools. Spend a lot of time on the balcony and it does make a difference. The nicer towels are good but really book for location and foot stools. Oh yea, expanded breakfast room service is nice too. I'll swing another $6 a day for that. Guess you were right, that does make me feel special.

But, thanks for sharing your knowledge with the rest of us.

Hi:)...I also like those footstools and towels:D.....I have a CC

cabin for my upcoming cruise on Reflection in November....prices

were very good (for me anyway)......AQ was waaay more than

I cared to spend...and usually is most of the time.:eek: I got a good price

AND getting really good OBC....both from Celebrity and my TA:D

I guess we both are in the minority....oh well, who cares LOL.....

Although we mostly book AQ, I can see booking CC for pricing, stateroom location and maybe change of pace from BLU, esp if combined with a specialty dining package..

as others mentioned..you get the extra pts, flowers, upgraded linens, rm svc menu for bkfast, foot stool etc.

So CC is still relevant...we would book it b/c of how it works for us,..just another possible choice..