Bistro - on - Five

Stoffel1982

Everyone seems to rant & rave about the Bistro, but every time I walk past it, there doesn't seem to be anyone in there. I'm not a big fan. Besides, if I want craps, I'll go to Paris. :rolleyes:

Ugh, they need to change the name into Bistro-on-seven!

By the way, the website still says $5 !!!

That's what I first thought too! But it's on deck 5, so no need to change it! It is delicious and they now they offer much more than crepes. But the crepes are delicious and it's a great place. We sat near the island where they were making the crepes and had fun watching them.

We find it great on embarkation day. You can park your hand luggage up in a corner or at the side of the table and have waiter service. Soup of the day, nice salad savoury crepe or panini then a sweet crepe to finish. Very civilised start to the cruise.

We have eaten there a few times. I agree it is a great place to eat on embarkation day when the buffet is beyond crazy (although many are learning this trick it seems), and for that matter any other day when you just can't face the buffet or carrying trays for the outside grill or such. I am not real happy they raised the price, but will likely still spring for it a time or two on our cruises.

Everyone seems to rant & rave about the Bistro, but every time I walk past it, there doesn't seem to be anyone in there. I'm not a big fan. Besides, if I want craps, I'll go to Paris. :rolleyes:

Say what? ;) they apparently have expanded the menu as well as the price and serves more than "craps" :)

Great for lunch and brunch...new menu looks great...maybe now also a good choice for lite supper. And it is such a nice space....with excellent service each time we go there.

Viva la Vida did a recent Summit review w/ photos and it include the new Bistro menu. There were goat cheese tarts, salmon, and other regular entrees besides crepes, paninis, soups and salads. If the new additions are as good as the crepes USUALLY are, then it's going to be well worth the extra $2.

If I want craps, I'll go to Vegas

Thanks for taking the time to find and post the link! The plates du jour are going to be a winner with my group! We embark on Friday (Silhouette Euro-Med), so braised short ribs for us :D, ... um and salmon and goat cheese tart and crepes... I will gain 10 pounds upon arrival :eek:. I hope we don't have to fight too hard to fit in a party of 6.

Sorry to disappoint you figs4me but the new menu is only on the summit. All the other ships have the old Menu which is Crepes and panini's. You can start with a soup or a salad and there are some deserts. Perhaps someone can post a link.

Many really like Bistro on 5. We have been several times. We have had excellent meals on some ships a few years ago but extremely poor meals on others, more recently.......not poor food but lukewarm ....which isn't good in a crepe and very very poor service.

We wouldn't choose to go to this restaurant unless we had no other choice......late back from a excursion and a two hour wait for room service on the Reflection last year and again the crepes were only warm. However We might give the new menu a go

Other than embarkation day I don't think you would have trouble fitting in your party.

That's sad to hear that the extra $$ only pays off on the Summit. We were hoping to do this for embarkation day. Maybe we will have to hang out at the coffee bar, and suffer through pastries and capuccinos instead.