Chase Sapphire Preferred Improved Travel Benefits

rallydave

The insurance through chase is Chubb

Very good coverage

I spoke to the benefits people last august when all this began

To the person who asked about non hospital evacuation, you annual health policy covers it

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

You might be going on the wrong website. I just tried myself and got a quote of $179 for both of us.

Thank you Orchestrapal for sharing this information. We are using CSP for charging all our travels. 10K coverage increase is great.

Can share the site you went to? Is it not HTHWorldwide.com?

That is the site I went to... We have to be talking long term vs. short trips.

Your post

"Medical coverage is very cheap for a yearly travel for outside the US policy.

Our policy is around $200 for the two of us. We have claimed charges incurred on the ships as well as on land and have always been paid in full.

I have never been able to find long term travel or ex-pat insurance that cheap. It runs between 600-1000.00 per month.

As DH and I want to spend 6 months or longer in Italy or Spain, we have been researching this, and have never found it for 200.00 a year. There are hundreds of web sites dedicated to finding this elusive cheap insurance for long term overseas travel.

Cruises (10 12, 14 day) I can pay around 200.00, but certainly not long term (yearly).

I put in for a quote again, and same price came up.

I use squaretrade and insuremytrip regularly. But not for long term overseas travel.

Funny, the one thing not mentioned here that I love with my CS is no pushing buttons, a pleasant LIVE voice always answers at the other end, asking what they can do for me today! I actually sent a letter of praise to them, because a Chase agent worked over 40 minutes on changing my flight for me without any increase in cost!

That is the site I went to... We have to be talking long term vs. short trips.

Your post

"Medical coverage is very cheap for a yearly travel for outside the US policy.

Our policy is around $200 for the two of us. We have claimed charges incurred on the ships as well as on land and have always been paid in full.

I have never been able to find long term travel or ex-pat insurance that cheap. It runs between 600-1000.00 per month.

As DH and I want to spend 6 months or longer in Italy or Spain, we have been researching this, and have never found it for 200.00 a year. There are hundreds of web sites dedicated to finding this elusive cheap insurance for long term overseas travel.

Cruises (10 12, 14 day) I can pay around 200.00, but certainly not long term (yearly).

I put in for a quote again, and same price came up.

I use squaretrade and insuremytrip regularly. But not for long term overseas travel.

use the 800 number I provided and speak to an agent. we too are out of the country 4-5 months a year with this police and no problems. Remember too this is only medical insurance.

use the 800 number I provided and speak to an agent. we too are out of the country 4-5 months a year with this police and no problems. Remember too this is only medical insurance.

Our plan is to live in France or Italy or Switzerland for 6 mos or so a year, so we would only want/need medical. THat would be great if we could get anywhere neat that price!

Thanks, will do.

Edited by kimanjo

Our plan is to live in France or Italy or Switzerland for 6 mos or so a year, so we would only want/need medical. THat would be great if we could get anywhere neat that price!

Thanks, will do.

Deleted

Edited by Paulchili

Has anyone compared this policy to Amex Platinum? They usually have pretty good benefits.

Yes, they both have their share of good benefits however, Sapphire Preferred is heads and shoulders for covering trips as well as medical. Given the choice between the two and if I had to pick one, Sapphire Preferred would win in a land slide although will keep both for their varying benefits.

Yes, they both have their share of good benefits however, Sapphire Preferred is heads and shoulders for covering trips as well as medical. Given the choice between the two and if I had to pick one, Sapphire Preferred would win in a land slide although will keep both for their varying benefits.

THANKS A LOT. Will have to do a bit of homework before our next cruise. :):)

Has anyone compared this policy to Amex Platinum? They usually have pretty good benefits.

Useless IMO for travel benefits other than car rental. No cancellation insurance

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Great information on this thread. However, it appears from the research I have done, the $10,000 max for cancel coverage is per trip not per person. If that is the case, that is inadequate coverage for the majority of Oceania, Regent and similar cruises. Would not meet my needs.

Amex Plat has a $450 annual fee (and no more Admirals Club :() - Sapphire is $95.

Membership Reward points are useless for me as they convert to Delta miles (aka Sky Pesos) or BA with their huge surcharges on award tickets.

Sapphire wins for me every time (lower annual fee, better insurance coverage, 2 points/$ spent on food & travel, etc, etc). After many years with Amex Plat, I traded it for the lowest premium senior Amex card (and never use it).

Of course, as always, YMMV :)

Great information on this thread. However, it appears from the research I have done, the $10,000 max for cancel coverage is per trip not per person. If that is the case, that is inadequate coverage for the majority of Oceania, Regent and similar cruises. Would not meet my needs.

We have two cards which are different accounts. We charge each of our fares separately. The card will still not cover all our costs but we have always self- insured in the past so this would be gravy.

What we do is split the trip between our 2 individual Sapphire cards and now we are up to 20K of insurance/trip (as also suggested by Laraine).

Even if you do not do that, the extra insurance you have to buy will be for 10K less - should save you some money :)

I didn't see in the original post where it covered medical - what's the coverage? We signed up for the Explorer last fall when the cancellation benefits were noted in a thread. Last cruise we just bought separate medical.

Since the first thread on this I have completely moved to

Annual travel medical

Medjet assist

Cancellation insurance through credit cards

The news about sapphire is great

Your plan for coverage sounds good and I am thinking about using it myself. Only question I have is that since Medjet assist covers only hospital to hospital evacuation, I wonder whether one would need to buy other evacuation coverage for evacuation directly from the ship or for transportation home if you are injured, but do not require hospitalization?

I can only guess that they have this new product because one of us would not qualify and our policy was just renewed.

I searched the site yesterday and what I noted was that you could get insured, but the benefits between the ages of 70 to 84 were reduced. e.g., where it normally was $250,00 the benefit was $100,000. To me, the price was very reasonable. So it looked to me that you could be covered until age 84.