El Cheapo Cruises Thread

I was sent this deal yesterday. No link to TA today.

Departing Sydney on 4 March 2024 from just $118pp a night, the 23-night package includes:

• 22 nights on Cunard's Queen Victoria from Sydney to Singapore
  • Cruise in an Inside Cabin with the option to upgrade
  • Full-board cruise with all meals included on the ship
  • World-class entertainment and a range of activities on board
  • Cruise highlights include stops in Queensland, Indonesia, Philippines, Hong Kong, and Vietnam, and an extra night onboard in Singapore
  • 1-night stay at 4-star Oasia Novena with breakfast
  • One-way flight from Singapore back to Sydney*
  • All airport and cruises taxes and fees

image.png.f34dad28112d0e067eb34d1b7b84342d.png

1 minute ago, By The Bay said:

I was sent this deal yesterday. No link to TA today.

Departing Sydney on 4 March 2024 from just $118pp a night, the 23-night package includes:

• 22 nights on Cunard's Queen Victoria from Sydney to Singapore
  • Cruise in an Inside Cabin with the option to upgrade
  • Full-board cruise with all meals included on the ship
  • World-class entertainment and a range of activities on board
  • Cruise highlights include stops in Queensland, Indonesia, Philippines, Hong Kong, and Vietnam, and an extra night onboard in Singapore
  • 1-night stay at 4-star Oasia Novena with breakfast
  • One-way flight from Singapore back to Sydney*
  • All airport and cruises taxes and fees

image.png.f34dad28112d0e067eb34d1b7b84342d.png

Have you used this company before 

On 7/12/2023 at 7:16 AM, blobby113 said:

I received the email as well and have booked the cruise. Good company. I’ve used them before for a VV cruise.

I just received an email from my TA offering a good price on the same cruise but going all of the way to Southampton.

2 hours ago, blobby113 said:

I just received an email from my TA offering a good price on the same cruise but going all of the way to Southampton.

I had a look at it and it's a great cruise I'm tempted to fly to Singapore and board there instead of Sydney.

On 7/11/2023 at 4:25 PM, blobby113 said:

BTW, I can’t find a roll call for the trip. Don’t Cunard travellers use CC much? (I’ve never been on Cunard before)

There's a Cunard board here; it's fairly well patronised. Of course with only three ships and all of them smaller than the super-ships of other lines, there are fewer passengers and therefore fewer potential cruise critic contributors.

Which voyage is this that you're going on?

36 minutes ago, LittleFish1976 said:

There's a Cunard board here; it's fairly well patronised. Of course with only three ships and all of them smaller than the super-ships of other lines, there are fewer passengers and therefore fewer potential cruise critic contributors.

Any Queen Victoria cruise from Sydney leaving on March 4.

56 minutes ago, LittleFish1976 said:

Go to the World Voyage roll call. There are people there doing segments including the Sydney to Singapore, mentioned above.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Over the weekend I received and email for a cruise tour and also saw the same one from same TA advertised in a Sunday paper. It seemed really El Cheapo but it had a few pros and a couple of serious cons.

Pros

Return flights to New York on QANTAS.

2 nights accomodation in NYC (extendable to 😎

8 night cruise - Miami, Ocean Cay and Nausau

Cons

Very long haul flights

Only 2 ports Miami and Nassau - I don't consider a private island beach a port.

MSC

But, at AUD2999, it is tempting just for the heck of it and I've never been to NY. Not much more $$ than a NZ cruise.

Edited to add. Available this October

Edited by lyndarra
extra info
  • Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

1st up today. Great deal.

NEW ZEALAND FROM AUSTRALIA

13 NIGHT FLY/STAY/CRUISE PACKAGE

Depart 10 February 2024

12 nights of cruising onboard Noordam from Sydney visiting Milford Sound, Fjordland National Park, Port Chalmers (Dunedin), Lyttelton (Christchurch), Napier, Gisborne, Tauranga (Rotorua), Scenic cruising of White Island, Waitangi (Bay of Islands, overnight) and Auckland 

1-night stay in Auckland

One-way flight from Auckland to Sydney (Call for other airport options)

Prices start from AU$1,699pp

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Also on the topic of cheaper cruises, I noticed Carnival Luminosa has added a Senior Rate (55 or 60 years+) to two of it's January 2024 South Pacific cruises. Only affects the Balcony Rate. Doesn't require you to have a VIFP number or have done past carnival cruises. Best value is 21 January 7 night from Brisbane for around $780 Balcony (comes down from over $900 for non senior). It goes to one of my favourite ports, Mare. But it is in cyclone season. Like many I guess, there were such cheap carnival cruises last season, we'll probably hold off booking any until we see how good the last minute deals are this coming season!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Sallyandtex said:

Are you able to say a hint of TA?

It is a deal from Princess, and they have it direct for $1999. Most T/A's will be a few bucks cheaper.

https://www.princess.com/cruise-search/details/?voyageCode=6401&fareType=BESTFARE

T/A references are short lived here and outside what this site allows.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Royal Caribbean Quantum of the Seas repo from Honolulu to Brisbane, 10th October.

Showing 18 nights for $1099pp twin inside guarantee. Balconies start at $100pp per night.

This is booking direct with Royal, twist your T/A's arm and you might be able to squeeze a bit more.

Edited by arxcards
  • Like 2

Unfortunately the flight costs for a cruise early in October have proven difficult to find a cheap airfare.

We leave Honolulu on the 2nd of Oct on a cheap cruise and had to pay over $1000 each for flights as we are flying in the Australian school holiday period.

I think this is the reason for the increased fight costs.

On the positive side it forced us to shop around and we will be trying Hawaiian Airlines for the first time. So looking forward to that.

• 2 weeks later...

No flights for this one, unless you need to fly to Sydney. Not bargain basement, but in the cheap realm for a 13-nighter in January. 

Majestic Princess, Jan 18th or Feb 10th '24, 13 days 5 ports - Noumea, Mystery Island, Lautoka, Suva, Dravuni Island $1499pp twin.

The same ports on Royal Princess' Christmas cruise is $1699pp twin

On 8/17/2023 at 10:42 AM, aussielozzie18 said:

Last month, Jetstar had very cheap flights to Hawaii for late Oct early Nov (didn’t look at mid Oct) $299 one way.

I'm off in late September on a repositioning cruise to Australia from North America. I found the cheapest deal was to go via Hawaii, and book two separate flights. I got a Qantas premium economy for $A629 to Honolulu and then an Air Canada economy from Honolulu to Vancouver for $A269. This was in May, and since then both those flights have gone up in price by more than 50%.

I was expecting to pay much more, so I blew some of my savings on two nights in Hawaii en route.

• Like 1