wet swimwear in elevator

ping1

So if someone thinks ahead and gets their towels ahead of time (the day before), they don't have to check them out, right?

Yes, that's what we did for the second port day:D but they did not tell us in advance for the first port day. We went to the pool deck to get towels and the attendant said we could not have any, to go to deck 1 (?) to get them. So we had to stand in line to get towels and then stand in another line to get off the ship. The funny thing was, the attendant kept running out of towels, and they would bring him about six at a time to handout. Then everyone in line would have to wait until they brought him another 6. Not a good system.

There was a note left in our room on the night before the second port day saying the attendant would be removing any pool towels in the room. So we hid them in the closet.:D

Sherri:)

Yes and also in line at the Windjammer. Nothing says an appetizing lunch like being in the buffet line behind a shoeless, shirtless, dripping wet guy!

Brings back the image of the Italian guy standing in line at the buffet in a Speedo. He had so much body hair it looked like he had just fallen out of a tree. DH & I left the line and went elsewhere.

Sue

Had that already planned for our next cruise.

I don't have an issue with bringing them back from Labadee it's just a Royal Pain to have to wait to check them out.

Really? Check them out? On Celebrity, your cabin attendant just brings them to your room and replaces them when you return with wet ones. Can't believe both lines are so different when X belongs to RCI.

Sue

But in all honestly id say 95% of the people dry off with a towel before they get out of the pool

:D:D:D Please for the life of me, I cannot figure out how to dry off before I get out of the pool. Is there some new pool feature I am not aware of??? :D:D:D

Yes, that's what we did for the second port day:D but they did not tell us in advance for the first port day. We went to the pool deck to get towels and the attendant said we could not have any, to go to deck 1 (?) to get them. So we had to stand in line to get towels and then stand in another line to get off the ship. The funny thing was, the attendant kept running out of towels, and they would bring him about six at a time to handout. Then everyone in line would have to wait until they brought him another 6. Not a good system.

There was a note left in our room on the night before the second port day saying the attendant would be removing any pool towels in the room. So we hid them in the closet.:D

I wonder what they would have said if you told them you were not leaving the ship but wanted them to lay out up on the sun deck? If I had to go down to deck 1 and deal with a line of people just to bring towels back up on deck I would have been ripped!

I wonder what they would have said if you told them you were not leaving the ship but wanted them to lay out up on the sun deck? If I had to go down to deck 1 and deal with a line of people just to bring towels back up on deck I would have been ripped!

If you were not leaving the ship, you could get a towel at the pool deck station. When we asked politely for two towels, the attendant immediately asked if we were leaving. Having never been questioned before, we were taken by surprise so husband said yes (plus, it was obvious we were probably leaving since I was carrying a bag with snorkel equipment sticking out of it:D). The attendant said no, we could not have any, that we would need to go downstairs & get towels there as we left the ship. Husband was not happy when he saw the line of people and got even happier when he saw how they were being given out!:D

It would never occur to me to walk anywhere inside a ship or hotel without some sort of cover-up or t shirt; and dripping wet - No way.

It takes just a few minutes to dry off enough so one is not dripping wet, then simply put the cover-up/t shirt back on that was worn to the pool.

M

If you were not leaving the ship, you could get a towel at the pool deck station. When we asked politely for two towels, the attendant immediately asked if we were leaving. Having never been questioned before, we were taken by surprise so husband said yes (plus, it was obvious we were probably leaving since I was carrying a bag with snorkel equipment sticking out of it:D). The attendant said no, we could not have any, that we would need to go downstairs & get towels there as we left the ship. Husband was not happy when he saw the line of people and got even happier when he saw how they were being given out!:D

If your husband and I were next to each other in line we probably would have had a very nice conversation!:D

I can understand the ship's point of view on this one. When we got back on Adventure at St. Croix, there was a sea of blue towels just left on the beach.
Yeah, I never minded that they charged a fee for towels that weren't replaced -- we never had a minute's trouble from that policy, and I don't want them to raise the price of my cruise because other people are too irresponsible to return their towels to the ship!
So if someone thinks ahead and gets their towels ahead of time (the day before), they don't have to check them out, right?
We always pick up a couple towels and keep them in our rooms. This means that we always have dry towels available, even if we decide to go out to the hot tub late at night after the towel place is closed.

Well, since the non-smokers continuous complaints have resulted in tighter restrictions on where smokers can smoke, that topic has been pretty well taken care of. I was wondering how long it would be before something new to complain about would take the place of smoking. Ding! Ding! Ding! I think we have a winner. With any luck, this will soon be right up there with complaints about chair hogs, and what people wear in the dining room.:rolleyes:

Has anyone experienced passengers in swimwear with no cover-up or towels and barefoot in the elevators? Some passenger's swimsuits were wet, and some were barefoot--

Yes. I have experienced this. Numerous times. And I, for one, feel we must stamp out this horrid practice. I say, if you can't dry off completely . . . at least have the common courtesy to remove the offending garment!

:D

Yes. I have experienced this. Numerous times. And I, for one, feel we must stamp out this horrid practice. I say, if you can't dry off completely . . . at least have the common courtesy to remove the offending garment!

:D

.......WAIT!!!!!....first we have to inspect the figure underneath the offending garment.......In most cases more coverings should be offered.....:D

lmao. There will be a no shorts rule in the elevator ;)

If the op is worried about a wet elevator there is always the stairs :D

I try my best to use the stairs a good way to get some exercising in ha

But in all honestly id say 95% of the people dry off with a towel before they get out of the pool

Tough to do - unless, of course, the pool is empty ---- but then would they need to dry off at all? I'm with the 5%.

• 4 weeks later...
And this is why RCCL has Dress Codes of what to wear in the MDR the Windjammer! I will be sending a stern e-mail to Adam. He reads my e-mails himself. We will get a Dress Code for the elevators put into place ASAP.

who is "Adam" and why would you email him? Is he in charge of customer service at RCCL?

Hello,

Since this thread has discussed swimsuit cover-ups, appropriateness etc, I'd like to relate a similar true event.

On my last Celebrity cruise, on a sea-day, I was exiting the OceanView Cafe/Buffet after a quite pleasing, satisfying and might I say, filling lunch. As I was leaving I observed a young lady, guesstimate in her 40's, entering the Buffet in a swimsuit cover-up…that was quite sheer/see-through, and based on my keen powers of observation, and what the cover-up was failing to cover-up, I deduced that she had not just come from the pool !!

Being a paying passenger myself, and not expecting to encounter such an outrageous outfit in the main Buffet at lunch-time, I did the only thing I felt appropriate at the time---I turned around and enjoyed another quite "eye-pleasing, eye-filling" lunch !! :D

The nerve of some folks !

BBL

Has anyone experienced passengers in swimwear with no cover-up or towels and barefoot in the elevators? Some passenger's swimsuits were wet, and some were barefoot---making wet tracks through the hall and dripping in the elevator.

Nowhere does the OP state that these people came from the pool or that the swimsuits were wet because of pool water. Maybe they waited too late? :eek:

Now after that thought, wet swimsuits from the pool don't sound so bad after all. :D

I go from the pool to my cabin with a pool towel wrapped around me. I do dry off really good, especially my hair, so it isn't dripping wet. I wear flip-flops.

But, you know what, many of these threads that people post here on cc really get me thinking..... Before reading some of these threads on cc, it never even occurred to me to think so deeply into what everyone else on a cruise does. I never put so much thought into even noticing or thinking about what everyone else on my cruise is wearing, doing, or not doing.

Heck, I don't even really care what anyone else wears, does, or does not do! I am having so much fun, and feeling so care-free and am so FLIPPING HAPPY!!!!!!!!.... I could care less what another person or persons is doing appropriately or not appropriately!!!

If I felt I was threatened or in danger in some way....well that would be a different story. But, other than that, I guess I'm just too deep into my own little happy "cruise world" that I don't put too much attention to how well or not well everyone else is "behaving"!!!!!!!!!