Back to Black and the Med too.... Live from the Prinsendam

kazu

Hope you have a wonderful time and smooth flight across the pond.:) We'll be following your "Live" posts.

Jacqui, thanks again for putting together the spreadsheet for our Noordam cruise next May. We're anxious to meet you and Jose!:):)

Edited by kjw869

I've flown on that plane many times. We used to call it the Cigar plane. Everyone has both a window and aisle seat at the same time. You have to keep one foot in the aisle so you don't fall out of the seat.

Have a great cruise! We'll take care of things back on the home front! :)

I did that flight from Halifax to Saint John----once. There was no cockpit door---just a curtain ---and this was after 9/11. There was also no flight attendant and you couldn't stand up straight in the aisle. Thankfully it is basically an up and down flight. Blink and it's over.

I know if I ever booked my husband on that plane it would be the end of our flying days so when we fly to Boston from Halifax next June I will be booking us out of Halifax and we will drive there to catch the flight.

Jacqui, add me to the list of well wishers and I will be following your adventures and living vicariously for a few weeks. :D

So glad we could spend a few hours together; the pleasure was all mine! :) We will have a great time in April. When I got home I told DH he is a goof and will miss out on the last 4 days. :rolleyes:

Wonderful adventures await - enjoy! I appreciate the live report, when possible, it pulls we through the daily routine.

Hey!

I am on the Prinsendam now, and hate to think that I will be off her in three nights. This is my first cruise on her and we love the ship...she feels like home!

Our itinerary has been tiring and port intensive, but wonderful. Our weather has been mostly nice and sunny, we did miss a port in Belle Isle, France as captain Andre said the seas and wind were not good for tendering. Great and happy crew and we have enjoyed the CD Linda Minnekin and the varied entertainment. Only one night of pretty rocky sailng. I will go out of my way to sail on the P'dam going forward!

Wishing you a wonderful cruise!

Edited by sunsetbeachgal

Jacqui,

If you choose to post pictures, be sure to have iResize on your iPad. I think it cost about $2. If you resize your picture to 50% or less it uploads to the photo sharing site MUCH faster. A very kind reader of my blog suggested it and it made all the difference in being able to share photos. BTW, you do the resizing off-line.

Kathi

Jacqui,

If you choose to post pictures, be sure to have iResize on your iPad. I think it cost about $2. If you resize your picture to 50% or less it uploads to the photo sharing site MUCH faster. A very kind reader of my blog suggested it and it made all the difference in being able to share photos. BTW, you do the resizing off-line.

Kathi

Also makes the thread load a lot faster.

Roy

Jacqui,

Thanks much for your blog - I do like reading (and writing:rolleyes:) them when I can.

What an interesting itinerary! I like how you can pull into the smaller ports: I will anticipate your reports very much. We hope to sail on the Elegant Explorer at least once before she or we expire. :D

Dave

Jacqui,

Kathi

Hello everyone. We are indeed in Barcelona. All is good. We were bit fatigued yesterday so didn't get much done. I will see if I can download that now while I have the wifi. Thanks for the tip.

Today we took gigianne on a bit of a tour ....Sagrada Familia, walking here and ther, then La Predera, then to see Casa Batlo, las Ramblas and la Boqueria.

All pre plans went out the winDow for our restaurants as we discovered a lovely tapas bar for a light bite for lunch and another great spot where Georgina got her paella. I opted for tapas which of course included squid.

Yesterday we found a nice spot ans had a great bite. Jerry had type infamous hamburger with fried egg and bacon, Georgina a lovely salad and DH had a pizza!!!! I had cuttlefish :)

Shuttle arranged for the port in the morning for the four of us.

So all should be good. Weather has been fabulous an Barcelona is busy as the Festival Merce started today. Mucho gente! Thankfully our hotel is far enough away to escape the sounds at night.

Edited by kazu

Gail - Venice is my favourite - and I sure love kalamari and Greek salad - Jacqui can have my wine!! I know we will need a vacation when we return - maybe even before we start - Jacqui and Jose are our tour guides for Barcelona!

gigianne, you are so fortunate to have a lovely,smart,generous lady and her husband as a friend and tour guide. Have a wonderful,amazing cruise, you guys!! We are headed that way in just 27 short days:/