Concierge Lounge on Oasis

buckeye rob

I'm sorry to have to tell you that my best guess about this was WRONG! :(

There is only continental breakfast in the deck 11 concierge lounge and snacks at lunch time. There is no more cooked food and no beer or wine either in the CL.

The cooked to order breakfast and lunch is considered a suite perk and therefore is only available on deck 17 for suites and pinnacle club members.

This is the current information as of this week. I know this is a disappointment for many.

Thanks for the info Gina, that is disappointing.

There is only continental breakfast in the deck 11 concierge lounge and snacks at lunch time. There is no more cooked food and no beer or wine either in the CL.

The cooked to order breakfast and lunch is considered a suite perk and therefore is only available on deck 17 for suites and pinnacle club members.

This is the current information as of this week. I know this is a disappointment for many.

That's a HUGE change, and one that's going to make a lot of people angry.:(

I often think some of the complaints I read here and on Facebook are nit-picky, but this one to me is a biggie. It's very disappointing when people book with the expectation of things being a certain way , and they find out otherwise with no opportunity to make a different decision.

We have a suite on our upcoming Oasis cruise, so this doesn't really affect me, but if I had been counting on an a la carte breakfast and lunch in the CL I would be pretty upset. Again, I go back to the thing that's been bothering me throughout this renovation -- why doesn't RCI communicate major changes to paid passengers? Yes, I know that contractually they have the right to change anything they want and we have no rights at all except to give them money:rolleyes:, but things like this really cause hard feelings and take away from the good things RCI is doing and the improvements they're making fleet-wide.

I also realize this brings the CL on Oasis/Allure in line with the rest of the fleet, but I still think some communication would have been the right thing to do.

Edited by Cindy

That's a HUGE change, and one that's going to make a lot of people angry.:(

I often think some of the complaints I read here and on Facebook are nit-picky, but this one to me is a biggie. It's very disappointing when people book with the expectation of things being a certain way , and they find out otherwise with no opportunity to make a different decision.

We have a suite on our upcoming Oasis cruise, so this doesn't really affect me, but if I had been counting on an a la carte breakfast and lunch in the CL I would be pretty upset. Again, I go back to the thing that's been bothering me throughout this renovation -- why doesn't RCI communicate major changes to paid passengers? Yes, I know that contractually they have the right to change anything they want and we have no rights at all except to give them money:rolleyes:, but things like this really cause hard feelings and take away from the good things RCI is doing and the improvements they're making fleet-wide.

I also realize this brings the CL on Oasis/Allure in line with the rest of the fleet, but I still think some communication would have been the right thing to do.

Better than being gone altogether I guess :eek:

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

Thanks so much for providing this information. While it is disappointing to hear, at least I know now, and we can plan accordingly.

Interesting, so do I take it from this statement that the evening cocktails are gone as well in the CL, or am I reading too much into it? :)

edit: I just realized that you were only responding back to the breakfast/lunch question and not the evening cocktails.

Edited by seatraveler1
modify

This is not unexpected. Many of us understood that there was no longer any need to offer lunch in the CL now that they have a suite dining room. Put this at the top of the list for D+ lost benefits. I have other family members sailing with me on the Oasis and Allure next year, but after that I'm gone from Oasis/Allure.....

Hello Princess

Thanks for posting this info! I'm with everyone else--GREAT disappointment, we loved having lunch in the CL because it was quiet and relaxing with a great view!

Thanks for the info! Can we assume this is a permanent change or might it be temporary until all the construction is completed?

I guess this is wishful thinking, but we really enjoyed the fish and chips accompanied (of course) by a glass of cabernet!

Just off the October 27th 5 night cruise on the Oasis.

Concierge Lounge on Deck 11 will remain open until sometime in February 2015.

At that time it will be converted to Wonderland, as will the top floor. This was confirmed by various officers. This is no longer speculation and was freely discussed.

Diamond and Diamond Plus will use the Diamond Lounge on Deck 4 along with Pinnacles.

We were able to get drinks at lunch and in the evening as before.However, there were no breakfast or lunch menus in the Concierge Lounge.

The Suite Lounge was serving drinks from 11:00 AM until 8:30 PM daily. A buffet lunch was also served. Only guests in Grand Suites and above and Pinnacle members were permitted in the Suite Lounge.

At that time it will be converted to Wonderland, as will the top floor. This was confirmed by various officers. This is no longer speculation and was freely discussed.

Diamond and Diamond Plus will use the Diamond Lounge on Deck 4 along with Pinnacles.

We were able to get drinks at lunch and in the evening as before.However, there were no breakfast or lunch menus in the Concierge Lounge.

The Suite Lounge was serving drinks from 11:00 AM until 8:30 PM daily. A buffet lunch was also served. Only guests in Grand Suites and above and Pinnacle members were permitted in the Suite Lounge.

Thanks for the update. I hope it's OK that I posted a link to this on the Diamond, Diamond+, Pinnacle Club thread.

Is there a continental breakfast in the morning and snacks at lunch? If I understand this correctly, then beer and wine is served in the CL from noon to 1:30 pm or??

Thanks for posting this information.

A quick question to the above highlighted in red. Is it to mean that there are no lunch menus in the CL, but you can order it?

A couple other quick questions. Did you notice if there was a lunch buffet served in the Suite Lounge on embarkation day as well as a buffet breakfast on disembarkation day in the SL? How did disembarkation go? I hope it sent smoother for you than the week prior when all on the ship had to clear customs.

Thanks for reporting back after your sailing. Hopefully you had a wonderful time.

Many thanks again,

Andrew

CL---Waiters did not take orders for breakfast or lunch.

Beer and wine was served at noon. Continental breakfast in the morning.

SL---Cannot remember for sure if there was lunch the first day, but I think there

was.

Waited over 2 hours to board at 3:00.

Did not go to SL before disembarkment.

Had luggage tag #2 which was scheduled at 8:00 AM. Did not start until

8:45 AM. Seemed like half the passengers did carry off.

CL---Waiters did not take orders for breakfast or lunch.

Beer and wine was served at noon. Continental breakfast in the morning.

SL---Cannot remember for sure if there was lunch the first day, but I think there

was.

Waited over 2 hours to board at 3:00.

Did not go to SL before disembarkment.

Had luggage tag #2 which was scheduled at 8:00 AM. Did not start until

8:45 AM. Seemed like half the passengers did carry off.

I wish it had gone smoother for you on embarkation. I guess at least for disembarkation you had a short drive back to Melbourne. Maybe since it was a shorter cruise than normal, there were more drive in cruisers rather than fly in.

Thanks for the info.

Andrew

We got off and into the cab about 2 PM and many many more were still left inside the building when we got exited.

That was getting into the long line inside the ship before our 10:30 AM luggage tag was called.

• 2 weeks later...
Is there a continental breakfast in the morning and snacks at lunch? If I understand this correctly, then beer and wine is served in the CL from noon to 1:30 pm or??

Thanks for posting this information.

I'm sailing in a Grand suite in January for the first time. When you say drinks are served in the suite lounge and the CL from 11:30 to 8:30, are these drinks complimentary? Thanks

I'm sailing in a Grand suite in January for the first time. When you say drinks are served in the suite lounge and the CL from 11:30 to 8:30, are these drinks complimentary? Thanks

Yes, basic mixed drinks (no blender drinks), house wine & champagne, selected beers, and soda are complementary.