CocoCay Recommendations??

newparents

Cabanas are available for $200 for up to 6 people. Nice, quiet uncrowded area with an upgraded lunch buffet.

If you're not interested in a cabana, I'd keep walking along the beach until you get to Barefoot Beach. Usually uncrowded there, but a bit of a hike to the food.

Hi, there is a lot of information about CocoCay on the Private Islands Ports of Call board. This may be moved there anyway.

Here is the link:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=406

We like to be by the seawall over near cabanas, great breeze

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

Cabanas are available for $200 for up to 6 people. Nice, quiet uncrowded area with an upgraded lunch buffet.

If you're not interested in a cabana, I'd keep walking along the beach until you get to Barefoot Beach. Usually uncrowded there, but a bit of a hike to the food.

Another vote for are foot beach. Very quiet and several hammocks in a nice shady area. The water is shallow and a sandy bottom so you can walk in the water for quite a ways down the coast of the island. We've been lucky enough to see stingrays, small reef sharks, numerous species of small fish and a barracuda.

Another vote for are foot beach. Very quiet and several hammocks in a nice shady area. The water is shallow and a sandy bottom so you can walk in the water for quite a ways down the coast of the island. We've been lucky enough to see stingrays, small reef sharks, numerous species of small fish and a barracuda.

And unlucky enough to see jellyfish

My dh and ds12 & ds 15 and myself loved the jet ski excursion. We snorkeled. This was the first time for my children. ds 's loved it and dd was not a fan because she saw a couple of small jelly fish. We chose chairs close to the snorkel hut. very close to snorkeling, buffet, beverages, and bathrooms. I rented a floating mat. I wish I could say that I tried it but it started to rain. Like someone else said. It is a beach day, relax and have fun.

It's a beach day on a lovely island...you don't need cabanas....there is sun or shade....loungers are everywhere, as are hammocks! Enjoy!

You may not need a cabana but, difficult as it is for you to understand, some of us who need to limit our exposure to the cancer-producing UV rays, need them if we are to enjoy a full day at the beautiful beaches on Coco Cay. Believe it or not,your way isn't the only way. Split among as many as 6 people, the fee is reasonable and the upgraded lunch is an added perk.

Like any port stop - it's up to you to decide if a particular excursion or activity is "worth it" to you. At Cococay, I would say that the Wave Runners/Jet Skis are totally worth it - at least once. If I had a few people with me, the cabanas would be great (the lunch is a real upgrade over the standard BBQ).

Or just relax on the beach with a free lounge chair. It's your vacation, your memories, and your money :)

Any drink package you purchase for on board use also works on Cococay, FYI.

The cabanas need some serious upgrades.

Ceiling fan or wall mounted fan

Fridge instead of watching an RCI employee about to die from lugging a cooler

Perhaps a mister system.

A friend of ours had a cabana and invited us to join for the day; the upgraded lunch was good but sitting in the cabana itself felt like sitting in a storage shed; shaded but very unpleasant - hot and still. Would not consider going to a cabana again until they at least added a fan.

And unlucky enough to see jellyfish

I was on CocoCay last Tuesday.

I witnessed the following:

I took a long walk. I walked past the Aqua Park, and overheard two people talking. One was telling the other that the Park was closed because of jellyfish. I kept walking. And walking. And walking. I like to walk in the sand in a little bit of water. I walked past a lot of people. I walked past a pair of adults. Their child, who was about ten feet away in the water, where it was still shallow, called to them. "Look what I have in my hand, Mommy!" "What, honey?" "Come here and look!" "Tell me what it is!" "Look! It's a jellyfish!"

:eek: :rolleyes:

Edited by Merion_Mom

We rented a cabana this summer, nr 3. It is the one on the seawall in the corner. Close to the snorkeling area and beach, but no sound problems.

The cabanas now include 4 liters of bottled water, a bottle of sparkling wine, fruit plate, plenty of beach beds, towels, snorkeling equipment for the whole day and a really nice upgraded lunch. Of course you can use your drink package at the bar.

We rented a cabana this summer, nr 3. It is the one on the seawall in the corner. Close to the snorkeling area and beach, but no sound problems.

The cabanas now include 4 liters of bottled water, a bottle of sparkling wine, fruit plate, plenty of beach beds, towels, snorkeling equipment for the whole day and a really nice upgraded lunch. Of course you can use your drink package at the bar.

We had number 3 as well last summer, more private than 1 or 2. That was when I discovered the breeze near the sea wall

Visited CocoCay for the first time a few months ago. Like another poster said depending on what interests you there are lots of activities. I did not rent a cabana but from what I saw I did not see the value in it.

What I enjoyed the most (don't judge) was finding that right hammock under the right palm... it was GREAT!

Go figure... :)