Qsine--a few years later

Gracie115

Just wondering what people who have been there think of Qsine now that it's been around awhile.....do you still love it....bored with it....want a new dining experience where Qsine is now?

We weren't impressed but it was just the two of us and suspect we would have liked it more in a group...

Just wondering if it has evolved at all...or is everything still the same as it was when it debuted on Eclipse a few years back???

We loved Qsine the first time we went, it was ok the second time we went, doubt if we would go out of our way to go a third time but since we have the 5 specialty dinner package booked for our next cruise I guess we'll be going again.

We liked it the only time we went but would not go back if it was only the 2 of us again. We went to Silk Harvest with a group of about 18 at one table and they brought out every appetizer and entre on the menu for us to try. Would love to do that at Qusine with a large group.

Mary Lou

We went to Silk Harvest with a group of about 18 at one table and they brought out every appetizer and entre on the menu for us to try. Would love to do that at Qusine with a large group.

Mary Lou

Now THAT sounds like it would be fun!!!:)

Now THAT sounds like it would be fun!!!:)

It was, especially since we were the only ones at the table that did not speak a word of French and only a few of our dinner companions spoke English. They were from Montreal, Quebec, etc and we had met several of them on board a New Years cruise a year earlier at a Chef's Table and shared a Chef's Table with others from their family on this New Years cruise.

Totally serendipitous.

Mary Lou

Edited by CHEZMARYLOU

We have been twice. Once as a couple in 2012 on the Eclipse and once in a group 2014 on the Eclipse. We noted that the food quality is still as good as the first time but the experience isn't as whimsical. We noticed a few cut backs that also took away from this. Eg. You no longer make your own cocktail ( for the cost it is certainly not worth it anymore). The bread selection is now just a garlic pull apart. However service is still fantastic. We would return if we had OBC but probably not if it was out of pocket.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Forums mobile app

We have done several Aqua Class cruises the past few years. Quine is still an excellent dining experience. My only complaint with it is that the menus never change. It is becoming if it's Tuesday the menue must be xxx. On longer cruises the menue basically repeats after day 7. I enjoy the experience and service but they need to shake up the menue to add some variation.

We've been three times. First time was as a couple when the concept was in it's infancy, and we had a great time, but felt the amount of food served was somewhat overwhelming. The second time we went as a group of six. The food was good but the experience and service left us underwhelmed. The third time was last December and we went as a group of four with one other couple from our MDR table. It was fantastic! They seem to have scaled down the portions to be more appropriate for the number of courses and number of people, and the service was spot on. In three visits we still have not tried everything on the menu that we would like to try, so we will go back, likely this December on the Reflection.

We have done several Aqua Class cruises the past few years. Quine is still an excellent dining experience. My only complaint with it is that the menus never change. It is becoming if it's Tuesday the menue must be xxx. On longer cruises the menue basically repeats after day 7. I enjoy the experience and service but they need to shake up the menue to add some variation.

Are you talking about Blu?

I think you are confusing Blu, the Specialty Restaurant for Aqua Class with QSine, a Specialty Restaurant open to anyone. QSines menu never changes

We were just off the Summit and Qsine was hidden way up in the rafters. Since we were two, we figured we couldn't really maximize the experience. Plus we thought the chairs/décor were ugly (all orange and black).

We loved Blu.

If you just peak in, I can see this being an easily drawn opinion. When the room is occupied and service is underway, it's quite nice actually.

We've tried 3 times, twice on Eclipse, once on Reflection and were over it mostly. We'll dine again once but doubtfully twice on a month long M-class cruise we have coming up as it will break up the boredom and few dining options even if we have Blu and MDR as options. We'll order carefully, like sushi lollipops knowing it will be "ok" maki, filet, etc. If we have a group we may dine there for the fun and company, but on a sheer value proposition, the food quality is probably not worth the $

Happy sailing,

Jenna

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I wish they'd replace Qsine with Silk Harvest everywhere.

I am not sure they replaced Qsine with Silk Harvest anywhere. I believe the first two Solstice Class ships had the Silk Harvest and the rest have the Qsine. Mi may be mistaken.

We went to the Qsine once and have never gone back. We only had a party of four. It might be better with a larger party.

IMO,

been there, done that,tried it. I agree with the general trend here; it's an experience, was pleasant...but ''one and done''.

I can see a more dynamic and younger group of guests having a blast in there.

RCL would be a good fit.

Cheers

Interesting replies .... most seem to be of the "been there, done that" opinion.... I thought this might be how it played out in the long run because while the presentation is/was unique, we thought the food only mediocre and in our opinion you can only get by with the whimsical presentation for so long if the actual product is only so so..... will be interesting to see how many answer this thread with the same type of responses...

We still believe with a large group it could be a fun night.....not sure if it's fun enough at $45 per person though!!!:)

I wish they'd replace Qsine with Silk Harvest everywhere.

I agree 100%

Last cruise though we did a cooking class in Qsine and got a better insight into their operations which might encourage us to give it one more try. A few things, they now have more freedom on minor variations in the menu now Jacques Van Standen has been away from Celebrity for a while, they are currently exploring more dishes and they also have stopped bringing extra food to guests tables - our two experiences were uncomfortable overload of food because unordered items where brought and that had impacted our experience

However, given how easy it was to get a table at a discount vs in The Normandie I would suspect the concept will be under review