WISH US LUCK! Jumping ship over to Princess

As you can see in my signature, we are Loyal to Royal D+ cruisers.

Saturday (Oct 11) we will jump ship over to Princess sailing on the Crown Princess out of LA for a 7 day Pacific Coastal cruise.

We booked this cruise for a few reasons, first to do a pay back to friends who are die hard Princess cruisers who came over to our side and did their first RC cruise with us on the Navigator this past May. Second, its from the west coast!! YEAH, a ship on the west coast, something RC has be missing for a few years now. But, they now have opened a few sailing for next year on the Jewel, which we booked the first day it opened!

And finally third, why not? I guess we will see if the grass is really greener on the "other side" :D

Upon our return I will do a comparison, so wish us luck as we embark to uncharted waters! :eek: :p ;)

ps.....it will be a real treat not to have a full days flight to get to FL, we still will go a day ahead, just for the relaxation of the start of something new!

[quote name=Arizona Cruz Chic;44365013

And finally third' date=' why not? I guess we will see if the grass is really greener on the "other side" :

Upon our return I will do a comparison, so wish us luck as we embark to uncharted waters!

***[/quote]

Hi,

I wish you a very happy and enjoyable cruise.

If you do not try it - you will never know.

Just to let you know that you can get embarkation lunch in the dining room from 12 to 1:30. They might tell you to go to the buffet, but you can go to the dinning room. Also when the dinning room is open for lunch the menu is different every day.

Also if you were ever in the military you get OBC. You have to contact Princess for that.

If you like coffee get a coffee card.

Edited by geocruiser

Plus you can go straight to your cabin and put your things down. :)

You don't need luck at all here - just enjoy yourselves. I'm so glad that we all have choices in this big ol' world, and this time you have chosen a cruise on another cruise line. You don't have to justify it to us (or to yourselves!). ;)

Have fun.

We too love Royal but tried a 3 day Princess Vancouver to San Francisco and really enjoyed it. We live in Northern California and really miss having a RC ship on the West Coast. Also booked the upcoming Jewel Cal Coastal next Oct.

Had a Mini-Suite on our 3-day which gave a great view passing under the Golden Gate. Loved the food in general, the buffet was varied and quite good. The look and feel of the ship reminded me of Royal's ships. Lots of wood and marble. Smaller ship than the Voyager Class we like best. Likely comparable to a Radiance Class. I will tell for sure when we go on Jewel. Generally really enjoyed our cruise and would recommend Princess to others (couples more than families) living closer to the West Coast. Princess has a lot of different cruises from the West with lengths from one day to more than two weeks. The 15-day round trip Hawaii from SF looks really tempting. Taking the train from the South Bay to the City (SF) to take a cruise versus Southwest, one stop, change planes, hotel overnight, transfers, repeat on return; sign me up.

Enjoy your cruise and maybe we'll see each other next October.

Just got back from an Alaska Cruise from san Francisco on star princess, it was nice to embark from my back yard. Princess ships dont have the wow factor as royal, and they cater towards the elders, if you're young like I am (30s) then it will be boring, its very mello, a cruise to relax.

make sure you are in formal attire on formal nights, my other half went in jeans and they actually kicked him out of the dining room, since this was his first cruise on princess he wasn't aware of the stick policy.

We did file a complaint with princess later because we noticed other passengers inside the dining room with jeans and hats and they weren't thrown out.

Have a great time. I like Princess, just don't have any perks on them like I do with Royal. I like the ships, they're bright and comfortable and everything else seems comparable to Royal. One thing they did do for me that Royal never did..upgrade me, from an Inside to an OV!! But I always book Balconies on Royal due to the perks, less room for upgrades, LOL

Go have a ball and let us know how you enjoyed Princess!!

Joyce :D

Just got back from an Alaska Cruise from san Francisco on star princess, it was nice to embark from my back yard. Princess ships dont have the wow factor as royal, and they cater towards the elders, if you're young like I am (30s) then it will be boring, its very mello, a cruise to relax.

make sure you are in formal attire on formal nights, my other half went in jeans and they actually kicked him out of the dining room, since this was his first cruise on princess he wasn't aware of the stick policy.

We did file a complaint with princess later because we noticed other passengers inside the dining room with jeans and hats and they weren't thrown out.

Interesting about formal night, we are pretty much going to stay casual, so we will avoid the MDR on formal night.

Saturday (Oct 11) we will jump ship over to Princess sailing on the Crown Princess out of LA for a 7 day Pacific Coastal cruise.

Upon our return I will do a comparison, so wish us luck as we embark to uncharted waters!

The scary thing is that I am on the same cruise, so she is taking her life into her hands: Merion Mom back on the Crown Princess! :eek: :eek: :eek:

:D

Again, thank you for all your responses, sounds like we really might like it! ;)

The scary thing is that I am on the same cruise, so she is taking her life into her hands: Merion Mom back on the Crown Princess! :eek: :eek: :eek:

:D

I loved our Canada/New England cruise on the Crown Princess, and I'm sure you (both) will enjoy this sailing. Sabatini's (Italian restaurant) was wonderful. I've kept an eye on Princess' west coast itineraries, but have the Jewel booked for next year so far. Bon Voyage! :cool:

We booked this cruise for a few reasons, first to do a pay back to friends who are die hard Princess cruisers who came over to our side and did their first RC cruise with us on the Navigator this past May. Second, its from the west coast!! YEAH, a ship on the west coast, something RC has be missing for a few years now. But, they now have opened a few sailing for next year on the Jewel, which we booked the first day it opened!

And finally third, why not? I guess we will see if the grass is really greener on the "other side" :D

Upon our return I will do a comparison, so wish us luck as we embark to uncharted waters! :eek: :p ;)

ps.....it will be a real treat not to have a full days flight to get to FL, we still will go a day ahead, just for the relaxation of the start of something new!

The only luck you will need is with the weather and your choice of itinery.

We have sailed on Princess 5 times on different ships they are our favorite cruise line. So just enjoy it with yours friends.

Looking forward to your comparison! Very loyal to royal here but with so many new changes that aren't appealing to us...I am definitely considering trying another line.

We did 3 RC cruises in a row just a few years ago.

There were almost exactly the same.

When you know what's on the menu before you see it, it is time for a change.

New experiences keeps things somewhat exciting.

Stop treating RC like a cult.

Go mix it up with some different lines.

You might actually like some better....

Edited by matj2000