How many pieces of luggage you you bring for couple?

snorkelman

How many suitcases do you bring as a couple (sorry not more than 2 persons)?  

173 members have voted

1. 1. How many suitcases do you bring as a couple (sorry not more than 2 persons)?

• We fly to the Port, and the two of us bring 1 piece of luggage total
    • We fly to the Port, and the two of us bring 2 pieces of luggage total
    • We fly to the Port, and the two of us bring 3 pieces of luggage total
    • We fly to the Port, and the two of us bring 4 pieces of luggage total
    • We fly to the Port, and the two of us bring 5 pieces of luggage total
    • We fly to the Port, and the two of us bring 6 pieces of luggage total
    • We fly to the Port, and the two of us bring 7+ pieces of luggage total
    • We drive to the Port, and the two of us bring 1 piece of luggage total
    • We drive to the Port, and the two of us bring 2 pieces of luggage total
    • We drive to the Port, and the two of us bring 3 pieces of luggage total
    • We drive to the Port, and the two of us bring 4 pieces of luggage total
    • We drive to the Port, and the two of us bring 5 pieces of luggage total
    • We drive to the Port, and the two of us bring 6 pieces of luggage total
    • We drive to the Port, and the two of us bring 7+ pieces of luggage total

Depends on the length of the cruise. On a weekender, we usually only have a rollaboard each. On 4-5 night cruises there's usually one added medium sized checked suitcase, and on 7-nighters, probably a second larger suitcase. Have never travelled anywhere with more than that for the two of us (flying or driving).

It depends what airline we use. If we fly Air Canada, or any other airline that charges baggage, we general bring one big suitcase and two carry ons total. If we are flying Southwest, we bring one large suitcase and one carry on per person.

Edited by Canadian Disney Mom

We never check luggage so 2 carry ons plus a smaller bag for stuff we use on the flight. Doesn't matter if the trip is for a couple of weeks or a couple of months.

Now if we were going somewhere that was really cold we might need to check a bag for bulky warmer things - don't really know.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by Viv0828

Is there a specific reason for this poll??

The reason I ask is because there is no cruise length mentioned in the choices and the amount of luggage you bring normally depends on the number of nights you are cruising.

Edited by cruisenfever

We never check luggage so 2 carry ons plus a smaller bag for stuff we use on the flight. Doesn't matter if the trip is for a couple of weeks or a couple of months.

Now if we were going somewhere that was really cold we might need to check a bag for bulky warmer things - don't really know.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

+1.

but for the poll, is that 4 bags, or two pieces of luggage (carry on sized), plus 2 bags?

Not sure how to answer the poll...

2 bags per person on a plane varies a lot if that's the allowed 2 carry ons (one small luggage + nominal bag) or 2 checked bags per person.

Amount of luggage depends on length of cruise, itinerary, departure port and airline we are flying. It also is not clear if you are talking checked bags or carry ons too.

Most cruises we fly to, we fly United and most years my DH is 1K so we get two free bags each. We fly on mileage and usually first class so that gives us free bags and also allows for 70lb bags, not just 50 lbs. We will usually only check two heavy bags, instead of a third bag but have done 3 bags if we don't bring a roll aboard. For carry ons, we have a camera bag backpack, a large "purse" which qualifies as a personal item and a roll aboard.

So, that might be 6 depending on how you count.

This last cruise, we drove to the port and had two large checked bags, a roll aboard, camera backpack and large "purse" that is really a small bag, so we will call that 5 bags.

Having said all that, I guess I would choose, it depends.

I'm Mr. "We drive the port and we take 7+ pieces total." DW is big on "This day I'm wearing this outfit, then the next day..." but my logic is if the only limitation on luggage is how much we get into the car-- NOT my Miata-- I will never put myself in a position of not having a choice, or having to wear the "good" shirt to get sweaty in the fitness center, or trying to make one pair of shoes work for every occasion.

The flip side of this is she's already begun packing NOW for the January trip. Of course, we're flying to that one so checked bags start mattering.

I put that we take 2 for both of us. But I'm a little unclear as to whether you're just asking about checked bags (I'm thinking, yes). We also each bring a carry on bag (backpack).

And, length of cruise makes a difference.

For a 4 night cruise, we only took one checked bag and one carryon bag for both of us.

I have a hard time answering this because I don't know if you mean all luggage, checked, carry on, totes, etc. or just checked or what.

We fly; we usually take a 24" case each to check since we get free baggage on our usual airline and, if over one week, we check another 21". We also usually have a small wheeled bag for valuables that we carry on and I have a large purse/tote that fits under the seat.

Sometimes we leave out the third checked bag, depending on what we need; snorkel equipment, for example, more shoes or clothes if we have climate changes, like hot to cool, or need specialized equipment, like hiking shoes.

Once in a while we travel with one carry on and one small tote each, but not often, since we usually cruise for at least two weeks.

I put that we take 2 for both of us. But I'm a little unclear as to whether you're just asking about checked bags (I'm thinking, yes). We also each bring a carry on bag (backpack).

And, length of cruise makes a difference.

For a 4 night cruise, we only took one checked bag and one carryon bag for both of us.

I agree. For a 4-night cruise we took no checked bags, just two backpacks.

For our longer cruises we had one 26" checked bag each and one carryon backpack but I couldn't figure out if our carryon backpack counted.

I voted 2 people 2 bags -- but these are carryon (20") bags. Some people are only voting their checked bags? We have one hard-side carryon and one daypack or tote, apiece, wherever we go whether cruising or land-touring.

Edited by crystalspin