Coastal Kitchen and guests

sross6019

We will be on the Allure in 2016, but planning ahead. There will be a large group of us. All except 2 are in junior suites. The 2 are in a C2 (Central Park balcony). If we decide to eat at the Coastal Kitchen will the other 2 be allowed to join us, since it is for JS and above? I know this is early but we are talking at Thanskgiving and trying to decide a lot since everyone is spread around the state.

Dress:SMART CASUALMeals Served:Breakfast, Lunch and DINNERPrice:COMPLIMENTARY FOR GRAND SUITE GUESTS AND ABOVE, AND PINNACLE MEMBERS

This is from Royal's website for Coastal Kitchen.

If Allure goes the way of Oasis with Coastal Kitchen and a Suite Lounge fitted in place of VCL, it will be for Suite Guests (GS and above and Pinnacle Gold Card Holders)

All the official RC flyers that were posted do not mention JS having access, but as we all know that can change before our eyes and maybe different in 2015 and 2016.

Hopefully there will be a happy balance and JS will get access, time will tell:)

As for now which has been posted for Oasis and in reviews from recent sailings

Note: for the TA it was slightly different

But for now it is my understanding that:

Suite Lounge & Coastal Kitchen (GS Suites and above & Pinnacles)

Diamond Lounge (D, D+ & Pinnacle) Suite guests who are also D,D+ & PC

Concierge Lounge (D+ Pinnacle and Suite Guests) business as usual

Now if CL becomes fully wonderland, then it may all change again;)

Happy Days!

Edited by PompeySailor

Sailed on the Oasis October 27, 2014.

Your information is correct for the Suite Lounge Deck 17 and the Diamond Lounge Deck 4.

During our cruise we were informed by the Concierge for the Concierge Lounge and various Officers that the Concierge Lounge will be closed sometime in February 2015. It will then be converted to Wonderland on both decks 11 and 12.

We will be on the Allure in 2016, but planning ahead. There will be a large group of us. All except 2 are in junior suites. The 2 are in a C2 (Central Park balcony). If we decide to eat at the Coastal Kitchen will the other 2 be allowed to join us, since it is for JS and above? I know this is early but we are talking at Thanskgiving and trying to decide a lot since everyone is spread around the state.

JS will NOT be entitled to access.

it is only Grand suites and up

I'm surprised since JS cabins are included on Quantum.

RCI just changed their website. Coastal Kitchen on Quantum and Anthem now show Grand Suite and above.

I hope they honor the reservations that have already been made.

They also changed their menu. Filet mignon is no longer on the menu.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/quantumoftheseas/dining/restaurants/coastal-kitchen/

RCI just changed their website. Coastal Kitchen on Quantum and Anthem now show Grand Suite and above.

I hope they honor the reservations that have already been made.

They also changed their menu. Filet mignon is no longer on the menu.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/quantumoftheseas/dining/restaurants/coastal-kitchen/

Wow, how disappointing for those in a JS expecting to have access.

I am traveling solo and tried to arrange a guest for night 2 on Quantum and did not get a clear answer, so did not push it.

I will try to take a guest on day 8 and see how it works.

Quantum will try to remain JS and above, while Oasis and Allure will be GS and above.

I am glad MSC have arranged some solution for their version as when I last sailed in Europe with them, I was not allowed to bring any guests to the Yacht Club designated dining room. A $40 fee seems reasonable for a upgraded dining experience for guests.

I am traveling solo and tried to arrange a guest for night 2 on Quantum and did not get a clear answer, so did not push it.

I will try to take a guest on day 8 and see how it works.

Quantum will try to remain JS and above, while Oasis and Allure will be GS and above.

I am glad MSC have arranged some solution for their version as when I last sailed in Europe with them, I was not allowed to bring any guests to the Yacht Club designated dining room. A $40 fee seems reasonable for a upgraded dining experience for guests.

Celebrity's ships are going to have a suite dining room starting in April. Non suite guests can join their suite friends/family for $50 pp. ;)

PS Sky suite guests (to me the equivalent to a JS) will have access to the suite dining room. Those suites also have butler services but no access to Michael's Club (Concierge)

Edited by drarill

....and I was able to book Coastal Kitchen for my upcoming Quantum cruise, and I am in a lowly D cabin.

SO: Who knows? ;)

Gosh, :) I wonder if that would have anything to do with you reaching Pinnacle level?

My understanding is that Coastal Kitchen is for guests GS and above. I don't think anyone in your party will be able to go if you are in a JS/balcony cabin.

Wow, how disappointing for those in a JS expecting to have access.

JS have always been excluded from all suite perks save the double C&A points. I guess I just assumed that that trend woudl continue going forward with the new ships and programs

JS have always been excluded from all suite perks save the double C&A points. I guess I just assumed that that trend woudl continue going forward with the new ships and programs

True, but in the case of Coastal Kitchen, Royal specifically said that JS guests would have access on Quantum. Unfortunate that they have reneged on that.

True, but in the case of Coastal Kitchen, Royal specifically said that JS guests would have access on Quantum. Unfortunate that they have reneged on that.

LOL - won't be the first time, won't be the last.

Most likely Pinacle status

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

Gosh, :) I wonder if that would have anything to do with you reaching Pinnacle level?

Not a chance.

I made those reservations MONTHS ago. LONG before there was any shadow of Pinnacle on me! ;)

Not a chance.

I made those reservations MONTHS ago. LONG before there was any shadow of Pinnacle on me! ;)

Maybe a SNAFU in IT Department then. Everything I saw in early brochures said JS and higher. Did I miss something.

Could have been your Black Diamond status as well. ;)

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app