Sailing Saturday.....have any of you......

Lois R

......receieved an email from Celebrity with an entire new boarding process

by decks?:rolleyes:.......a bunch of us on our roll call all got emails......

When did X start this process?:eek:...........it says what time for certain

decks and then it says "Our Suite, Zenith, Aqua, and Elite Plus Guests

can board anytime between 12-3"........just curious if any other recent

cruisers have received this email too?

Anyway, going on REFLECTION:D

I received the same email a few weeks ago before I boarded the Infinity 10/27. I was a little nervous that it was going to be a disaster, but we were in AQ, showed up at 12:30 and walked right on. No lines anywhere.

Also, they made sure I received it, by phone, by text and by email!

The same question was posted a short time ago:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2124001

It's just a way to alleviate the crowds at the cruise terminal.

I received the email for my parent's Sept. cruise on the Solstice, they were already in Seattle at the time, so I was not able to notify them in time. They arrived much earlier than the time that Celebrity had assigned them, but had no trouble boarding. (they don't have any special status & were in a regular balcony cabin)

Hope you have a fabulous time!

Hi Lois:

We received one on Solstice to Alaska two months ago. We were in Aqua and just went at 11, boarded almost immediately. From what I could see, a lot of people were just ignoring the emails, just passing this on as my opinion, not advocating anything.

Enjoy your cruise....

Hi Lois,

Celebrity must be trying new things out of Miami, and other ports. I can see where this makes some sense, but as others have mentioned, I bet most folks will continue to arrive on their own schedule. I suppose Celebrity will have this boarding process on our Eclipse sailing from Miami in 2 1/2 weeks. Curious to see if there's any difference at the pier.

Have a wonderful time on Reflection !

Hi Lois,

Celebrity must be trying new things out of Miami, and other ports. I can see where this makes some sense, but as others have mentioned, I bet most folks will continue to arrive on their own schedule. I suppose Celebrity will have this boarding process on our Eclipse sailing from Miami in 2 1/2 weeks. Curious to see if there's any difference at the pier.

Have a wonderful time on Reflection !

Makes a lot of sense for Miami since there's no place to sit while you wait to board if there's a backup.

Have a great cruise, Lois!

The very odd thing is that folks on our roll call for Reflection on Sat have called Cap Club and other Celeb reps, They seem not to be aware of the text, phone and e mail alerts, They are advising ship will sail at 4 pm....lack of coordination some place along the line.

It did not sail at 4 last week and if folks are asked to board at 3:30, quite doubtful it could sail at 4 this week

Suggestion to Celebrity: ..set up a dedicated helpline number/e mail contact for those sailing in one to two weeks...and make sure reps know what is going on on the ground,...,

We'll report back....looking forward to a great cruise once we are all on board & glad we will finally meet up with Lois.

Edited by hcat

Lois, I just got the same email and my board time would be 2pm. My flight gets into Miami at 8:30am and based on previous postings here, I assumed boarding starts at 11. Are you going to just go when you get there? I don't have much of a choice other than to hang at the airport so I'm going to get there at 11 and take my chances. I wish they had mentioned this new process when I booked, particularly the choice air reps.

Edited by purpletequila

Lois, I just got the same email and my board time would be 2pm. My flight gets into Miami at 8:30am and based on previous postings here, I assumed boarding starts at 11. Are you going to just go when you get there? I don't have much of a choice other than to hang at the airport so I'm going to get there at 11 and take my chances. I wish they had mentioned this new process when I booked, particularly the choice air reps.

Oh wow, you are flying in Saturday morning:confused:.....yes, just go then....

You never came to say hello on the Roll Call.....we had a really

fun group:D...........

I am flying down tomorrow and the hotel I am staying at offers a free

shuttle so I am taking it.....will end up at the ship around 11:15 or so.

The very odd thing is that folks on our roll call for Reflection on Sat have called Cap Club and other Celeb reps, They seem not to be aware of the text, phone and e mail alerts, They are advising ship will sail at 4 pm....lack of coordination some place along the line.

It did not sail at 4 last week and if folks are asked to board at 3:30, quite doubtful it could sail at 4 this week

Suggestion to Celebrity: ..set up a dedicated helpline number/e mail contact for those sailing in one to two weeks...and make sure reps know what is going on on the ground,...,

We'll report back....looking forward to a great cruise once we are all on board & glad we will finally meet up with Lois.

Looking forward to meeting you and Sal too!:D

Frankly I think the whole notion of assigning boarding times by decks is just dreadful. It is extremely inconvenient for folks who have early flight times and nothing to do until their deck boards, especially if their deck has one of the unfortunate times that means boarding late.

I am really glad that some passengers have been able to board quickly and well before their assigned boarding time just by dint of being there early.

Oh wow, you are flying in Saturday morning:confused:.....yes, just go then....

You never came to say hello on the Roll Call.....we had a really

fun group:D...........

I am flying down tomorrow and the hotel I am staying at offers a free

shuttle so I am taking it.....will end up at the ship around 11:15 or so.

I know. I usually fly down 2 days before but the people I'm coming with couldn't. I was actually on the roll call pretty early after I first booked but just got so busy with things. I hope to make it to the party. :)

And yes, after just reading the roll call and seeing the different responses people got from Celebrity reps, I'm just going. Thanks for replying! Oh and the weather is looking up! I've been following it like a nut.

I really feel bad for these reps. Between website issues and not being informed of stuff like this, their job must be difficult.

Everyone on our Equinox RC and the FB group got the text.

Enjoy Lois! We loved our Reflection cruise last yr. watch for the Lawn Club Grill one day lunch special.

Edited by wallie5446

Lois,

Hope you have a great time. Not in a position to cruise currently because of caregiving for my mom. Please share some thoughts and comments as you cruise. Look forward to some bright moments.

MJ

Hi MJ...good morning:).....oh, I know what it is like to be a caregiver and you

have all my best.

As for checking in while on the cruise?......please don't hold your breath.

Not something I plan to do.......

Leaving for the airport in just a little while:D

Edited by Lois R