TV Programming

louieboy

If you are fluent in Spanish or German you will find something to watch. I just did the nov 1 sailing and I don't recall it being so sparse in previous cruises. Sometimes you need some downtime and I would have liked an hour or so yo veg out.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

If you are fluent in Spanish or German you will find something to watch. I just did the nov 1 sailing and I don't recall it being so sparse in previous cruises. Sometimes you need some downtime and I would have liked an hour or so yo veg out.

I am curious to know what movies were playing on pool deck on our cruise - we are sailing in a few days.

Sent from my iPad using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

I am curious to know what movies were playing on pool deck on our cruise - we are sailing in a few days.

Grease seems to play a lot on Freedom

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

TV programming is terrible now!!!!!!

In the good old days, they used to air movies on channels 20 and 21. They were relatively newer releases so it was nice hanging out in bed in the morning and catching a movie.

Now as someone else said, there is a lot of programming in other languages, and lots of soccer. Other than that, it is old reruns of sitcoms. Some are sold old that they are black and white. Reruns of food channel and lots of RCI stuff.

Yes, I know a lot of people say you shouldn't spend much time in your room anyway. Anyone that knows us can testify that we are this first up and usually last to bed. However, I cruise enough that I like to relax in bed and catch a move.

In the good old days, they used to air movies on channels 20 and 21. They were relatively newer releases so it was nice hanging out in bed in the morning and catching a movie.

Now as someone else said, there is a lot of programming in other languages, and lots of soccer. Other than that, it is old reruns of sitcoms. Some are sold old that they are black and white. Reruns of food channel and lots of RCI stuff.

Yes, I know a lot of people say you shouldn't spend much time in your room anyway. Anyone that knows us can testify that we are this first up and usually last to bed. However, I cruise enough that I like to relax in bed and catch a move.

It used to take a whole week to watch a movie 15 minutes at a time. And never in the right order. :D

It used to take a whole week to watch a movie 15 minutes at a time. And never in the right order. :D

OMG - this made me bust out laughing. My wife and I often joke about the movies we've watched that way on cruises. Trying to figure out what's supposed to be going on in the movie can sometimes be a challenge. LOL

We will be sailing on the Grandeur soon and was wondering what the TV programming is these days. Not that we spend our day in the cabin watching TV but I was just curious.

Thanks

not a whole helluva lot. the movie channels will show that same three movies in about 6 different languages. TNT will show ancient reruns of shows like Castle and Law and Order. there will be a music channel that shows videos from music genres I have never heard of. and a kids programming channel geared towards the pre school set.

No matter WHAT the tv situation is, it can't possibly be as bad as the all-inclusive resort we went to in Cabo last April. I think I returned semi-fluent in Spanish. ;)

Depends on the resort Sandals was 10 times better than RCCL, several dozens of stations, several espn and major networks etc etc. I also remember watching movies 15 mins at a time. Best TV was Celebrity they had a large selection of free movies on demand with a pause button

OMG - this made me bust out laughing. My wife and I often joke about the movies we've watched that way on cruises. Trying to figure out what's supposed to be going on in the movie can sometimes be a challenge. LOL

Our favorite is the Big Bang Theory in German:D

Hope you aren't a hockey fan... if you are, expect to spend an hour a day watching the ESPN Caribbean scroll to even think about getting a score... and forget highlights!

As for regular TV, HA HA, another joke, 1/2 the time TBS was not working and the other channels were repeats of shows and movies you have seen a thousand times over.

Oh.. and those crazy commercials, or should I say infommercials in spanish!!

If you find yourself wanting to watch TV, you will spend that time on the Cruise/Bridge channel or watching Love & Marriage and the Sexiest Man!!

Avoid the TV and explore the ship - BEST BET!

Depends on the resort Sandals was 10 times better than RCCL, several dozens of stations, several espn and major networks etc etc. I also remember watching movies 15 mins at a time. Best TV was Celebrity they had a large selection of free movies on demand with a pause button

When we did Celebrity, they had on demand Blackjack. :eek::eek:

Hopefully, you'll have better luck than we did on Enchantment in October. The CD refused to play the sound of the movies (said "Miami won't let us - it's policy") - just the silent video, with rap music blaring over the loudspeakers:eek:

Hopefully, you'll have better luck than we did on Enchantment in October. The CD refused to play the sound of the movies (said "Miami won't let us - it's policy") - just the silent video, with rap music blaring over the loudspeakers:eek:

I was hoping for Snowpiercer as we are sailing down the Chesapeake in 30-40 degree weather. Really put you into the mood of the movie...lol

The news stations are fine if we're just puttering around and want background noise.

We like to pile a bunch of TV shows we have to catch up on onto our iPad or laptop though. We usually watch an hour or so of TV in bed and its weird not to do that. I'll go through our PVR and see what we have listed then go to the computer and download the shows as torrents and transfer them to the iPad or whatever. Almost like having access to Netflix.

I beleive we watched some Big Bang Theory on the last cruise. We only had the tv on before we went to bed. Even when I am home I channell surf for 15-20 mins before i go to bed at night.

I did notice lots of sports, not including NHL

This is one of the things that Celebrity S class ships do better. You can watch a movie "on demand", but pause it and come back later to watch more. I watch a couple of movies I'd been wanting to see while waiting for my wife to get ready in the morning or while resting in the afternoon. It's pretty nice.

I don't go on cruises to watch movies, but I found this feature to be quite nice and there were a ton of movies to watch.

On the Freedom... not so much and no way to pause or start or control it at all.

They also had pretty recent shows. I liked it when they used to show older programs like Green Acres or Gilligan's Island.

Tom

Liked it a few years back when RCL had partnered with CBS to show some of their programming. Sure, it was the same shows and episodes but we'd never tuned in Craig Ferguson before and discovered his sense of humor was in tune with ours. With that no longer happening, I'm not sure who wanted too much $$$ to keep that deal going.

Even when they'd have a few movies they showed repeatedly, at least they tended to be ones we hadn't seen.

I resemble that remark!

Or at least that's how I first saw Kung Fu Panda... A year later, I got to see the whole thing in order. It made a little more sense. But not much. :)

I agree...it has gotten really bad. Now I don't make it a point to sit in the cabin and watch tv, however its on when I'm getting ready, before bed and if i need a little break. However this past time on the Explorer, it was really bad. No 20/21 movie channels, which was disappointing. Not as many sitcoms or tv shows...they played the same 2 or 3 Parks and Rec episodes all week long...I love parks and rec and it got old.

Most of the good programming was in a different language. They didn't even have Fox News on this past time, which they always have had in the past. HLN was playing weather for places you don't care about and CNN was playing Nancy Grace Mysteries all week.