No more traditonal dining in the future.....

Shippy

All changes in March but I feel they will start sooner.....

Just off the Oasis where this was a constant discussion with people. We have always had traditional, early dining.

Apparently you can make early reservations...for a particular restaurant...day by day.

We had the lower level dining room which already had its named changed to America Icon.

There will NOT be a new menu everyday. There will be 2 menus that alternate, American style food. No more lobster night there.

This has already started there with breakfast & lunch. We went there almose every day for both. They used to change every day just a little bit. Now, They each have 2 set menus that alternate.

The 2nd level restaruant will have Mediterranen food with lobster on the menu. This restaurant will require a formal dress code that they say they will try & inforce....In other words....don't embarress yourself by trying to get in with casual dress even though you might win the battle.

Top level will have Asiasn themed. This info came from our waiter.

Just off the Oasis where this was a constant discussion with people. We have always had traditional, early dining.

Apparently you can make early reservations...for a particular restaurant...day by day.

We had the lower level dining room which already had its named changed to America Icon.

There will NOT be a new menu everyday. There will be 2 menus that alternate, American style food. No more lobster night there.

This has already started there with breakfast & lunch. We went there almose every day for both. They used to change every day just a little bit. Now, They each have 2 set menus that alternate.

The 2nd level restaruant will have Mediterranen food with lobster on the menu. This restaurant will require a formal dress code that they say they will try & inforce....In other words....don't embarress yourself by trying to get in with casual dress even though you might win the battle.

These changes have been announced for Oasis and Allure only, at this time.

I think many people (including me) are hoping that this does not go fleet wide...

The Dynamic Dining menus are all listed on RCI's website. There will be many more options for food than there is now. Looking forward to sailing on a ship with DD in the future.

We have not done traditional dining since Anytime dining was introduced, and we are looking forward to DD. I think RCCL does a great job in the MDR, but look forward to the new concept and trying the different restaurants. We tend to eat late, after 8pm, so don't feel we will need to pre-reserve everything ahead of time. Even with Anytime dining we always have the same wait staff and I will miss that.

I think what I am most thrilled about is the elimination of formal night! We will still go to the formal restaurant once or twice a cruise and will dress accordingly. It is not that I don't like bringing a suit...I just don't like the concept of a night that the whole ship is supposed to be formal.

We have not done traditional dining since Anytime dining was introduced, and we are looking forward to DD. I think RCCL does a great job in the MDR, but look forward to the new concept and trying the different restaurants. We tend to eat late, after 8pm, so don't feel we will need to pre-reserve everything ahead of time. Even with Anytime dining we always have the same wait staff and I will miss that.

I think what I am most thrilled about is the elimination of formal night! We will still go to the formal restaurant once or twice a cruise and will dress accordingly. It is not that I don't like bringing a suit...I just don't like the concept of a night that the whole ship is supposed to be formal.

RCI never had the concept that the whole ship is supposed to be formal. Celebrity did that but on RCI it only applied to the dining room.

These changes have been announced for Oasis and Allure only, at this time.

I think many people (including me) are hoping that this does not go fleet wide...

I'm with you too. I'll avoid any shill with DD for as long as I can. When I have to, I'll hold my nose and give it a try before I give up on Royal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm with you too. I'll avoid any shill with DD for as long as I can. When I have to, I'll hold my nose and give it a try before I give up on Royal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I guess we'll see what happens with the other ships. I was already disappointed in the new MDR menus, and the DD menus seem even more limited with items I don't like. Who wants to go on a cruise and eat the same thing for dinner over and over. It might be doable on a 7 night or shorter cruise, maybe just repeating one meal once or twice but on a 14 night cruise? Ugh!

My problem with DD is that it will limit my choices. DH is very picky. He would never eat the items on an Asian/ and other themed restaurants. So, I will be limited to the American restaurant. Now we can both be happy with something on the MDR menu.

I guess we'll see what happens with the other ships. I was already disappointed in the new MDR menus, and the DD menus seem even more limited with items I don't like. Who wants to go on a cruise and eat the same thing for dinner over and over. It might be doable on a 7 night or shorter cruise, maybe just repeating one meal once or twice but on a 14 night cruise? Ugh!

Not looking forward to it from 2 Picky eaters and one with food sensitivities....

Also, we cruise B2Bs and like long cruises, so we don't want to be in the American Icon/Grand with the same menu night after night or in WJ either!!!

Will work better if they have an Alternative menu for those of us that don't want the really fancy foods......:) Then those that love different foods etc. can be happy and those that like the simple fare can too!!!!!!

Edited by CVU

I feel there will be less options for us. We are picky eaters. I usually only find a few things on a menu to eat so I feel we will be eating the same thing over and over.

Yes, there will be a few more restaurants, but the same menu whereas before we had one restaurant with 7 menus plus an extra. Also DH and I eat very different things so every restaurant might not appeal to both of us. And, if we eat at a restaurant we dislike and choose not to dine there again, this limits us even more.

We usually don't eat at the specialty restaurants on a cruise except for maybe 1 night so no additional options there for us.

We will give it a try, but I wish we sailed the Allure before the Dynamic Dining was announced on the Oasis class. On well.

If DD goes fleet wide - it's a deal breaker for DH and I. We totally enjoy our fixed late seating,,,, having the same companions and the same servers each night. We've always been really lucky with our table pairings in the past at our requested tables for 8.

It seems to me that if DD is designed to entice a younger company then having the DD on Quantum, Allure, and Oasis will accomplish their mission. These are the 3 ships with the most amenities that would appeal to the younger crowd..

Not looking forward to it from 2 Picky eaters and one with food sensitivities....

Also, we cruise B2Bs and like long cruises, so we don't want to be in the American Icon/Grand with the same menu night after night or in WJ either!!!

Will work better if they have an Alternative menu for those of us that don't want the really fancy foods......:) Then those that love different foods etc. can be happy and those that like the simple fare can too!!!!!!

They have thought of that- they're hoping you're tired of those menus after a couple of days.... tired enough to pay for the for fee restaurants. :)

If DD goes fleet wide - it's a deal breaker for DH and I. We totally enjoy our fixed late seating,,,, having the same companions and the same servers each night. We've always been really lucky with our table pairings in the past at our requested tables for 8.

It seems to me that if DD is designed to entice a younger company then having the DD on Quantum, Allure, and Oasis will accomplish their mission. These are the 3 ships with the most amenities that would appeal to the younger crowd..

I agree with you and hope it doesn't go fleet wide either!

There are those that like the mega ships and some that don't so why not two types of dining. I love early traditional for all the reasons mentioned :)

I cannot say that I will or won't like DD. Before I nix it, I'd like to experience it and see how it will work out. My husband is a very picky eater-- specifically no veggies, fruits, only meat and potatoes. The report from Quantum has been that there have been off menu items prepared for those who cannot eat off the regular menu and that special dietary needs such as no gluten can be met in each one of the restaurants. There are also reports that people can be seated with others and large groups can be seated together. I hope these reports are true -- I know these are some of things that are important to some of the passengers.

In some respects, I feel this will not be such an important issue for us as long as my husband's food can be prepared without sauces or veggies that he doesn't like.

This DD concept will not work for me. I don't want to make reservations 3 months in advance and decide what I want to eat and where.

From the reports coming back from the Quantum you can make reservations in the kiosks onboard. No need to make them months in advance unless you want to.

They have thought of that- they're hoping you're tired of those menus after a couple of days.... tired enough to pay for the for fee restaurants. :)

Maybe Chops the one time but why pay for the fancy food we don't want?

Good to hear they are letting people change the make up of the dish. Like no sauce Or Hold this and Hold that, as we do already.

Perhaps, as some like us picky ones keep changing things around, they may have some simple choices........

I like the kiosk idea as we want early and probably the simplest choice of food. Do not want to be booking months ahead. Done that for shows to have it all changed, when you are on board.

Edited by CVU

We are not in favor of DD.

Hope it does not go fleet wide.

Hey Dick and Mari!!!! How are you all? I see Grandeur is on your sights now....we aren't fans of this DD either. I do have an anthem booked but might flip that too. I have been looking at the Grandeur also. We have gotten used to flying to San Juan.

I talk to SeaCruise....Mary....almost everyday on Facebook.

So glad to see you!!!!!

Just saying: I think you've hit the nail on the head. It's all about the money.

Really sad that now we've finally hit Diamond, we will likely end up cruising other lines.