Royal Caribbean Conciege Lounge Crowding

KatnBob

I know. That doing what you want is so frowned upon here. Dressing how you like at dinner, arriving to dinner anytime, bringing kids in the CL, rushing in and out of the elevator, leaving a towel on a pool chair, cutting the line at the WJ, taking up camp in the WJ on embarkation day. :cool:
You want a particular seat "anywhere" which includes the DL and CL get there a few minutes early and claim your spot, not rocket science....

You want a particular seat "anywhere" which includes the DL and CL get there a few minutes early and claim your spot, not rocket science....

I have read way too many threads around here that people that set up camp in the WJ on embarkations day [actually edited to say any day] are being rude. It's a pretty good heated topic so why is it not the same for the lounges? Posters have told people to eat and explore the ship so others can have a seat. Why is OK for one space but not the other???

Edited by Debde

Just searched EBay and guess what not one single D+ or Pinnacle pin for sale on EBay....:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:...funny huh

Ok...I guess I'm not allowed to post a link to Ebay.

I also did a search and immediately, a D+ pin popped up for $50.

Why would anyone pay for something like that? To try and scam free drinks??

Isn't your card programmed to allow entrance into the lounges?

Why would anyone pay for something like that? To try and scam free drinks??

Isn't your card programmed to allow entrance into the lounges?

The posting is actually pretty comical if you read the sellers comments at the bottom. I'd like to think no one is that naive, but we all know they are out there.

Never even thought about it before but this prompted me to search on the eBay UK site and one person (in Northampton) is selling a D pin, 3 crystal blocks, a couple of royal caribbean corkscrews (the kind the steward gives you when you ask for one), RC keychains, a hat and some Cunard stuff

Seriously :eek: - who would buy this stuff. The pin is on sale for £25 ($39)!!!!!

I guess some people will do anything to fund their next cruise :rolleyes:

Edited by Bobal

Never even thought about it before but this prompted me to search on the eBay UK site and one person (in Northampton) is selling a D pin, 3 crystal blocks, a couple of royal caribbean corkscrews (the kind the steward gives you when you ask for one), RC keychains, a hat and some Cunard stuff

Seriously :eek: - who would buy this stuff. The pin is on sale for £25 ($39)!!!!!

I guess some people will do anything to fund their next cruise :rolleyes:

How much for the blocks.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

How can one go to a lounge, take a look around and immediately tell a persons C&A status? Further, how would one know if a particular person spent 3 hours in a lounge unless they also spent three hours there.

M

Great post! Sometimes people post on CC and have a huge case of open mouth insert foot!...:) Funny how this person is still a D+ at the moment!...K.O.

Funny, I've been on many cruises and have NEVER heard this type of conversation. I've spoken with many lovely people in both the concierge and diamond lounges and have no idea of their C&A status or their particular accommodations.

Strangely, in contrast to the original post, we went to the CL two nights on a recent Freedom cruise. The first night there was a nice size crowd, but still a few seats. The second time, we were the only people in there .

These Diamond-Pinaccle bashing posts seem to surface every few weeks or months. I don't know why.

M

From the way I read your posts, you are, indeed, bashing the "Pin Wearers" as you so dismissively call them. Boorish behavior comes in all shapes and sizes and you can find it in both first-time cruisers and top tier level cruisers. (Yes, you can even find it in Suite Guests.) Frequent cruisers are many times an outgoing group, and have made friends on past sailings. It is only natural to want to gather together and have a cocktail.

It has been my observation that if something is free (like cocktails), it will draw a crowd.

I am NOT going to read the nine pages of posts here since I boarded the Quantum of the Seas (see? I am a pompous braggart ;) ), but I agree with Marci and Karen.

:D

These Diamond-Pinaccle bashing posts seem to surface every few weeks or months. I don't know why.

M

I would be willing to bet, that some of the bashers (note I said some, not all) will be guilty, when they reach Diamond-Pinnacle status, of the behavior they are currently criticizing. My mother used to say that the thing you dislike in someone else, is the thing you dislike about yourself.

How much for the blocks.

£29.50 ($46) and they even have the cheek to ask £3.50 ($5.50) for the corkscrew (taken from the stateroom) and the keychain (spin to win prize) :rolleyes:

The posting is actually pretty comical if you read the sellers comments at the bottom. I'd like to think no one is that naive, but we all know they are out there.

As if just wearing that Diamond Plus pin would get you better service! We've been seated mostly with people that are close to our C&A level and stateroom at dinner. Then the waiters can probably bring up our level on their computers.

Love the pinprick comment!

Love being able to get our Diamond drinks in nearly any lounge on the ship. On our Legend cruise, we had about 700 diamonds and up, so the Diamond concierge converted one of the larger lounges into cocktail hour. He even had a table set up with drinks that you could take as you entered.

Edited by knittinggirl

I am NOT going to read the nine pages of posts here since I boarded the Quantum of the Seas (see? I am a pompous braggart ;) ), but I agree with Marci and Karen.

:D

I couldn't agree to agree more. What? :confused: :D I've never seen this alleged behavior in either lounge. I'm not a real social butterfly but I've managed to meet some real interesting and just plain nice folks in both.

Overcrowding in the CL has always been a ongoing problem...first with more people becoming Diamond, they started the Diamond lounge.

Now more people are becoming D+, and the problem is reoccurring...

So look for the D+ to have their own lounge eventually.

We always sail in a GS, have been for many years...and we always made a point to complain about the over crowding in the CL....

There have been cruises we just did not go there at all. And when asked why, we made a point to let them know.

BTW, when we got our pins we immediately threw them away. I thought, by it's appearance, it was just more "Freebie" junk/trinkets.

I wouldn't wear it if you paid me.

I'm not one to go around the ship asking people to recognize me as someone important or more prestigious than the next person.

Same with flashing my Gold Sea pass card around like some do.

I am very lucky enough to travel in a full suite although I am a diamond plus (soon to become a Pinnacle member), I do feel that the CL should only be for suite guests.

Too many times I have went to the CL to find it full with D+ members sitting for the full 3 hrs and then leaving the lounge at 8pm with a glass of wine in each hand, And before you start giving me a hard time you know who you all are and we he all seen it.

With the new 3 drinks loaded on your seapass per night maybe the next thing is giving the D+ members free wine at dinner, Then and only then they may leave the CL to the people who have paid the price for there suite.

I do believe that people who have made it to D+ status have paid enough to enjoy the CL. Do you really think that people who have 420+ nights on a companies ship should not be allowed to enjoy the CL lounge if they want it? Yes I have seen people do what you talk about. My opinion is if you want to sit there for three hours in a tux on formal night and chit chat with your fiends more power to you. I also know people who will use those 3 free drinks in about and hour at a bar so they will most likely come back to the CL or DL or never leave to begin with.

How much for the blocks.

I've seen them for as much as $40-50.

My assistant found a block at a thrift store for $1.25.

I had told her about these blocks, and a short time later she came in and said, "I think I found one of your blocks" I offered to pay her for it and she tells me it was $1.25!

Years ago I received a duplicate Sovereign block. I gave it back to the LA. Now I keep any duplicates and trade them to get ships I've been on. I guess one day, mine will also end up at the Goodwill.

M

I've seen them for as much as $40-50.

My assistant found a block at a thrift store for $1.25.

I had told her about these blocks, and a short time later she came in and said, "I think I found one of your blocks" I offered to pay her for it and she tells me it was $1.25!

Years ago I received a duplicate Sovereign block. I gave it back to the LA. Now I keep any duplicates and trade them to get ships I've been on. I guess one day, mine will also end up at the Goodwill.

M

Sorry, perhaps I'm a bit naive, but what is a "block"?

Overcrowding in the CL has always been a ongoing problem...first with more people becoming Diamond, they started the Diamond lounge.

Now more people are becoming D+, and the problem is reoccurring...

So look for the D+ to have their own lounge eventually.

We always sail in a GS, have been for many years...and we always made a point to complain about the over crowding in the CL....

There have been cruises we just did not go there at all. And when asked why, we made a point to let them know.

BTW, when we got our pins we immediately threw them away. I thought, by it's appearance, it was just more "Freebie" junk/trinkets.

I wouldn't wear it if you paid me.

I'm not one to go around the ship asking people to recognize me as someone important or more prestigious than the next person.

Same with flashing my Gold Sea pass card around like some do.

Do you really think that people will recognize you simply by wearing level pin--many pax couldn't give 2 farts.