Dear Santa... A Wish List for the NEW Celebrity Ships

Sloop-JohnB

I'd like to suggest something a little more radical than some of the folks here: eliminate the theater and main dining room in favor of multiple smaller venues. I love the idea of doing some of these in an indoor outdoor feel like the NCL Breakaway (although I have not sailed her).

I'm thinking for Food:

1. Seafood Restaurant

2. Classic American Food

3. Destination Specific Restaurant that changed theme with the sailing season

4. A different specialty restaurant for each ship. Something within a template that could differentiate each ship

For entertainment:

1. LOVE the dueling pianos idea

2. Jazz/Blues

3. Dance Bar (Classics early, current later)

4. Lecture space early/comedy later

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Maybe I just can't think outside the box, but I'm not sold on the idea of replacing the MDR with multiple specialized restaurants -- at least not if the specialized restaurants operate like the current ones, with an unchanging menu. I also think that every new alternative to the MDR (1) is another extra cost option and (2) is another excuse to cheapen the MDR further. So I would much prefer a renewed focus on making the MDR the best restaurant it can be -- with a more varied menu and especially with menu options that reflect the region (and even the port) where the ship is sailing.

Twelve dealers busting, eleven tenders pouring, ten restaurants serving, nine floors for dancing, eight spas massaging, seven pools for swimming, six slots a paying, FIVE COLD DRINKS, more falling fares, three French chefs, two new ships to love, and a web site that actually WORKS. :eek: :D ;)

Give us back a Rendezvous lounge with a dance floor rather than an ensemble lounge where the bar blocks a view of the entertainers there,

Give us back the third bank of elevators,

Give us back those wonderful aft cabins,

Give us a closet that can actually store a jacket so that the sleeve is on the inside of the closet when the door is closed,

Replace those three deep drawers adopted on Reflection.

For the rest, give us the practicality of Millennium class with the stunning design of S-class...

We will be happy with whatever the experts give us

Santa does not always bring what we want nor deserve...

Maybe I just can't think outside the box, but I'm not sold on the idea of replacing the MDR with multiple specialized restaurants -- at least not if the specialized restaurants operate like the current ones, with an unchanging menu. I also think that every new alternative to the MDR (1) is another extra cost option and (2) is another excuse to cheapen the MDR further. So I would much prefer a renewed focus on making the MDR the best restaurant it can be -- with a more varied menu and especially with menu options that reflect the region (and even the port) where the ship is sailing.

Great idea, I suggested the local flare for a specialty restaurant but in the MDR (and Blu) would be even better!

I found it ironic that local dishes, real ones, are almost never featured aboard cruise ships no matter what line.... wait check that... River Cruises do it.

Twelve dealers busting, eleven tenders pouring, ten restaurants serving, nine floors for dancing, eight spas massaging, seven pools for swimming, six slots a paying, FIVE COLD DRINKS, more falling fares, three French chefs, two new ships to love, and a web site that actually WORKS. :eek: :D ;)

Very clever!!

M class cabin design (with much more storage than S class) with S class bathrooms

Lounge where one can sit and hear the music - like Rendezvous on M class - definitely not like Atrium on S class.

Closed captions (subtitles) for on-demand movies

More elevators

A lounge for suites and Zeniths that everyone on CC does not complain about.

Give us back a Rendezvous lounge with a dance floor rather than an ensemble lounge where the bar blocks a view of the entertainers there,

Give us back the third bank of elevators,

Give us back those wonderful aft cabins,

Give us a closet that can actually store a jacket so that the sleeve is on the inside of the closet when the door is closed,

Replace those three deep drawers adopted on Reflection.

For the rest, give us the practicality of Millennium class with the stunning design of S-class...

We will be happy with whatever the experts give us

Santa does not always bring what we want nor deserve...

Arno good list, how about the original T pool that used to be on the Century.

I'm not as interested in the number of restaurants as I am the variety of cuisines. Some rethinking of how menus and cuisines are assigned to various locations is needed. Celebrity does not, in general, do ethnic and, in some cases, regional dishes well. Perhaps more sous chefs with differing origins would help. Celebrity also seems to think that, with two exceptions, all specialty restaurants are worth about the same amount. For example, as the novelty of Qsine is wearing off, lower the price.

To be clear, I'm not suggesting a fixed menu in every place, but a rotation on a theme. If this was impractical they could at least have three - five new dishes each day with a similar number of every day items. I also am thinking these would not be extra cost, but I could see extra cost high end items (eg caviar or fresh oysters).

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

LOL love it!

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Totally brilliant. Thanks for the laugh.

YES:

A lounge like on the Rendezvous on M class leading to the MDR, where you can gather for a dance or drink before dinner. Crowding outside MDR waiting for doors to open on S-class is a problem.

More electric outlets in cabin

Smaller sofa in cabin

Larger bed side tables with drawers that can hold a book and magazines

As much shade as on the S-class :)

Larger pool seating area

Dedicated music venues, ie not to blast deafening music in main lobby which impacts most public areas in the ship

NO:

Pool slides

Jumbo movie screen at pool

Net

Modern luxury can be classy and still be fun. Resist the urge to Carnivalize the brand.

Edited by Seapoint

Pickup Street Hockey

Cheers!

Is this a euphemism :rolleyes:? Not sure that's appropriate on a ship :D.

Larger Cafe Al Bacio

Norma

A MUST - it's always full, never enough seating!

Perhaps a dedicated waffle station to Ed: 'Ed's Waffle Wagon' :D

Ditch the Art Auction space (X could then use the area to generate more revenue from other sources).

Reduce the photo area to booths - you could enter your seapass card and choose which photos you want from the screen (less waste).

Edited by villauk

I am sure I will come up with more but here are my opening bids!

Quiet areas for reading (like nooks and crannies of millennium class)

More enclosed lounges not off central atrium (or enclosed) where activities/host blast any sense of serenity.

Wrap round promenade deck with no lifeboats blocking view

More deckchairs/loungers available on this new open deck where you can lie and contemplate how fortunate you are to be on such a wonderful cruise

More dining choices

Improved quality entertainers/musicians given longer to do mini shows/cabarets round the ship

Raised standards of cuisine ingredients, longer aged beef etc

Being a [not so ;)] little old lady, I would love some lounge chairs in the Solarium , and around the decks , on which you can sit or lie without being almost horizontal, as the present ones in use do not rise up high enough.

I am sure passengers with back pains will agree.

Lights on the balcony!

M class has it, S class does not.

Love to read next days program on balcony at night

NO, NO, NO. One of the things I love about S-class is not having my view of outside spoiled by a neighbor's light being on, especially when they aren't even using their balcony.

A self serve laundry would be nice. For those who don't want one I promise that you will not have to use it. :rolleyes:

How about an area on deck that is protected from the ships lighting so you can star gaze.

If they do have self service laundries they should automatically require those who requested them all be assigned cabins next to them.