Is RCI planning any new ports of call, or new itineraries?

ivanrocko

RCI, Please add new ports of call, or new itineraries. The new ships are WOW, but itineraries are always the same ... Is about time to see change...

For example:

USA Today reports that:

Carnival Cruise Lines' new Amber Cove port of call in the Dominican Republic will be ready for guests on Oct. 6, 2015.

The new port has been in the works since May 2012. It is situated on the north coast of the Dominican Republic, near Puerto Plata.

Any info, or comments?

Is anyone thinking like me?

Ideas for RCI new ports or itineraries?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yes, some more varied itineraries are desperately needed. In my opinion it doesn't necessarily need to be about creating new ports of call - just visit the ones that already exist. For instance, more stops in St. Kitts, BVI, Antigua, Martinique, St. Lucia, Barbados, Grenada etc. There's more to the Caribbean than the half dozen islands that 95% of RCCL cruises stop at. Some of these islands are obviously not an option for Oasis class ships but it seems Voyager class (and maybe the Freedom class) and smaller could do some of these ports.

The desire to explore new islands was what led us to our first cruise on Carnival. Really hoping RCCL freshens up their itineraries. :D

Agree. I've been wondering the same. I just read an NCL press release today regarding a new port in Belize. It sounded like a private caye...

It would be nice for more varied ports, especially for the routes out of Fort Lauderdale. I'm still hoping they can get at least one or two different eastern ports for Oasis/Allure.

Here's another vote for more varied ports!! It is starting to become a struggle for me to convince the family to take RCCL cruises since they always go to the same places! I'd love to see more southern Caribbean cruises, preferably not out of San Juan. I know they currently have the JOS and AOS going to the southern Caribbean out of San Juan, but there aren't any direct flights there from where we live, and it's a struggle every time :(. Trinidad and Tobago would be fantastic or maybe Saint-Lucia, even Dominican Republic...

We sail Celebrity Eclipse only because the 14nt goes to wonderful ports-Barbados, Antigua, Grenada, St Kitts, St Lucia, Curacao, Aruba, etc... There should be NO REASON Royal Caribbean couldn't offer a 10, 12 or 14 nt sailing out of Florida like Celebrity does!!! Really, just how many times can you go to St Thomas, St Martin and Nassau?? Get with the program RCL!!! Too expensive to fly to San Juan but FLL and Miami are workable for most of us! Also, please put Tortola back on a ship that leaves out of Florida!! PLEASE CONSIDER THESE SUGGESTIONS! Than You!

Really, just how many times can you go to St Thomas, St Martin and Nassau?? Get with the program RCL!!! Also, please put Tortola back on a ship that leaves out of Florida!!

I love the RCCL ships the most, but am itching to get to some new ports as well since I am getting "bored" with the same old ports from Florida departures. I have a couple more RCCL cruises booked, but after that I am going to start considering other lines if they offer better itineraries.

I too agree that Tortola is an amazing port that I wish RCCL would visit more often.

I think Tortola is limited for a year or so as they build a new port.

How come cruises that go to ABC islands don't hit any South American continental ports?

I'd even settle for Freeport on the shorty cruises just for a different town to walk around

I wish there were cruises from Florida that would travel to Bermuda.

200% agreed.

They did 3 this year with vision but they made it a 10 day with nassau, and only over ONE weekend. Would need two weeks off work. Totally undoable for working stiffs.

Why can't they just do a 7 or 8 day to Bermuda from Florida? Would book it tomorrow

200% agreed.

They did 3 this year with vision but they made it a 10 day with nassau, and only over ONE weekend. Would need two weeks off work. Totally undoable for working stiffs.

Why can't they just do a 7 or 8 day to Bermuda from Florida? Would book it tomorrow

Only one on MSC in april 2015 Nassau, and 3 nights in Bermuda from Miami. Sorry RCI I had to book it.