NEW POLICY - No More On Board Announcements!

Rewind

• 4 weeks later...
Not to keep on brining back this thread, but does anyones have anymore updates on this? Are the ships still doing noon captain's announcements like mentioned a few posts up?

We were on Legend recently and other than emergency and crew drill announcements the Captain's noon address was the only other one.

We just got off Enchantment last week ... and they still did a few announcements each day ... gotta admit it was kinda nice having it a bit quieter .. and not hearing the constant announcements for art auctions, napkin folding demonstrations, mens bellyflop contests, etc

but they still did ones for the port shopping seminar and various other things .. just not as many as before.

the cruise director on Enchantment, Marc, is a riot ... he actually says "BingBong"! at the end of each announcement ... LOL

We just got off Enchantment last week ... and they still did a few announcements each day ... gotta admit it was kinda nice having it a bit quieter .. and not hearing the constant announcements for art auctions, napkin folding demonstrations, mens bellyflop contests, etc

but they still did ones for the port shopping seminar and various other things .. just not as many as before.

the cruise director on Enchantment, Marc, is a riot ... he actually says "BingBong"! at the end of each announcement ... LOL

Speaking of Marc, did you see this:

Speaking of Marc, did you see this:

Gahhhh ... noooo!!!! That song ! LOL

He did a cpl other ones that played on the cabin TV .. equally goofy!

Funny guy tho .. been on Enchantment for a long time ... really gets into his job .. super friendly too.

We are currently on Allure and there are still noon and arriving into port messages from the Captain.

Sadly there are still bingo notifications once a day, but I did not hear anything for art auctions.

Edited by A&L_Ont

I think the Captains noon announcement should stay. Many of us appreciate the information given. The Captains noon announcement is a long standing tradition from the days before in cabin tv sets.

As a previous poster said it is sometimes difficult to hear because of other nearby noise.

perhaps if some passengers showed some respect to the Captain and listened rather than talking over it we could hear it more clearly.

Selswick

Just got off the Allure. Captain Johnny made arrival announcements into Falmouth and Cozumel. I never did hear a Noon Update. He had his TV Channel but no PA announcements. He also did not do Departure announcements from ports. Jerome only did one rundown of daily activities and that was on Saturday afternoon. The announcements that everyone complains about were still quite prevalent. I heard multiple Bingo, Art Auction and Port Shopping Talk announcements every day. I say please bring back the Captain's announcements and the Cruise Director's rundown, but get rid of the Bingo and Art Auctions.

I do like the announcements. It is great customer service and it keeps a reminder of the things that will be happening and this way you would not forget. I hate walking around with the Compass trying to figure out what is next.

PLUS most important.. that is the fun of cruising.!! It keeps you alive.

I do like the announcements. It is great customer service and it keeps a reminder of the things that will be happening and this way you would not forget. I hate walking around with the Compass trying to figure out what is next.

PLUS most important.. that is the fun of cruising.!! It keeps you alive.

Personally I hope they stay gone, never had a problem checking my compass