Cold Tempeartures are Awful...

MizDemeanor

We get something that many people never get to experience and can rely and expect every year, cold weather and snow.

If it is so bad why is it that many caribbean islands are now offering cold frozen bars where people have to wear fur coats while having a drink, charge outrageous prices and people are willing to pay for it?

happy cruisng 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌞

I'm always afraid of booking a vacation during the winter. Even if you plan to go a day early you never know if you will be snowed in or not. These last 2 weeks in New York have been terrible and there is more snow on the way. Also I would hate to come back to the cold after spending a week in a tropical climate. I like to stretch the season by either booking for the spring or fall.

We get something that many people never get to experience and can rely and expect every year, cold weather and snow.

If it is so bad why is it that many caribbean islands are now offering cold frozen bars where people have to wear fur coats while having a drink, charge outrageous prices and people are willing to pay for it?

happy cruisng 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌞

I don't know why anyone would pay for that experience. It's not the same as actual snow. I don't even want to cruise to Alaska.

happy cruisng

Really? "Many islands offering it"????? Never heard of that, and it's not something I would go near..............:rolleyes:

I'm always afraid of booking a vacation during the winter. Even if you plan to go a day early you never know if you will be snowed in or not. These last 2 weeks in New York have been terrible and there is more snow on the way. Also I would hate to come back to the cold after spending a week in a tropical climate. I like to stretch the season by either booking for the spring or fall.

Well you are in the minority, LOTS of people LIKE to get away in the winter regardless of whether or not they are coming back to winter.....:rolleyes:

I'm with you. Winter storms in the Northeast wreak havoc with air travel. Planes fly so full that even going a day or two ahead does not protect you. If your flight is cancelled due to weather it can be days before you can get rescheduled.

We usually book a trip for March or April. Looking forward to it helps me through the worst of winter. I also can't stand going away to a warm place and then coming back to brutal winter weather. This year's getaway is to St John for a villa vacation in April.

I don't know why anyone would pay for that experience. It's not the same as actual snow. I don't even want to cruise to Alaska.

That's a shame. I go to Alaska every year, just last year it was 75-80 degrees. Very comfortable for active activities.

Ditto. I've always said that too. Last week hundreds of flights were cancelled out of Chicago. It's happened to too many people I know. I wouldn't want to come back home and have to wear the winter duds again either.

We leave one week from today for Eastern Caribbean, as I shoveled out from another snow storm I am dreaming of warm sun :o

I wish we could send you some sunshine from Arizona. I hope all our friends on the East coast are careful and I hope Spring gets a move on. I love the weather NOW in Arizona but we pay a price in the summer. Alaska was wonderful.

If we only had a port! Lots of sand but no pier.

4boysnana

It was 77f here today & our roses & bougainvillea are blooming...:)

On the other hand, I spent 2 hours in traffic on the 405 & 105, so I guess it's a trade off...

Wishing warmer weather, or at least warm cruises to those who need it.

C850E5E4-A781-4211-BDAC-E35FCEF70950.jpg

Pretty picture:)

Thanks, Lois :) bad traffic & a plumbing problem had me annoyed at my house today, but when I read about people having to shovel their cars out, i realize I should be grateful :)

Well,...issues at home? I was in a car accident earlier in the week.

(the guy who had the red light decided he didn't need to stop and

hit me:rolleyes:)......I am ok:)......car is in the shop....it was about 50 outside

and raining.....so yukky out:eek: but no snow here either;)

It is about 44 this morning but the sun is out.

Edited by Lois R

I'm with you. I just did a cruise in January and stressed more about the weather than anything else. Thankfully we left 2 days prior and missed the big storm on embarkation day. whew!! And I hated coming back to the cold. April/May for me!!! As they say to each his own!