Bistro 5

Mazz55

A lot of people don't realize it is not just "a" crepe place - it is an all you can eat crepe place :) When boarding, rather than fight the crowd at the buffet, we head to Bistro on 5. Quiet, relaxing and the crepes are to die for :)

We have never experienced having to wait long times for service... Anyway why would you want fast service... Order a drink & relax...Your on holiday!! and if you do want fast service that's what the buffet is for...

Enjoy! [emoji39]

Don't expect the fastest service, this is often used as a training area for new waiters.

The very reason we DO go there upon embarkation, cruise after cruise. We love that it's relaxing and a nice, slow way to begin the cruise. Although we've never had unusually slow service, we do tell the servers not to hurry. We like to sit and relax and wait for our cabin to be ready. We went to the buffet one time when we first got on board. That was the last time.

The very reason we DO go there upon embarkation, cruise after cruise. We love that it's relaxing and a nice, slow way to begin the cruise. Although we've never had unusually slow service, we do tell the servers not to hurry. We like to sit and relax and wait for our cabin to be ready. We went to the buffet one time when we first got on board. That was the last time.

Just be advised that the secret is out and many people are now heading for Bistro on embarkation day.

Just be advised that the secret is out and many people are now heading for Bistro on embarkation day.

Yup, other than embarkation, you are lucky to see more than 2-3 people in there at any time you walk by, and that's mostly the staff. :rolleyes:

We used to love the Bistro on 5, but our most recent experience with lunch on the Eclipse (which was an unmitigated disaster) has soured us on the entire complex. Unless Celebrity wants to operate this venue as a quality product we think it would be better used as a garbage dump.

Hank

We used to love the Bistro on 5, but our most recent experience with lunch on the Eclipse (which was an unmitigated disaster) has soured us on the entire complex. Unless Celebrity wants to operate this venue as a quality product we think it would be better used as a garbage dump.

Hank

Oh Hank don't mix words. Tell us how you really feel about the BO5. :D

Oh Hank don't mix words. Tell us how you really feel about the BO5. :D

Yeah yeah yeah, we hear ya :). The sad thing is that prior to our Dec 7, 2014 (a day that will live in infamy) lunch on the Eclipse, we were big fans of the Bistro on 5. We are still puzzled as to how Celebrity could let such a fine concept go downhill so darn fast.

Hank

Yeah yeah yeah, we hear ya :). The sad thing is that prior to our Dec 7, 2014 (a day that will live in infamy) lunch on the Eclipse, we were big fans of the Bistro on 5. We are still puzzled as to how Celebrity could let such a fine concept go downhill so darn fast.

Hank

How odd. Were were on the same cruise. We hurried to Bistro on 5 as soon as we boarded. We were seated immediately. The food quality was up to its usual fine standards. It was crowded and service was slow but we didn't care.

Hank

I feel so cheated as I too want to slate this place but the problem is we have eaten there only 10 or 12 times. Each time we had a perfect tasty meal with wonderful service. If only once it could of been just slightly poor service or the food not so great, coinciding with the day I lost my ability to raise this with the maître d who I know would of resolved any complaints there and then, at least then I too could refuse to let all those good experiences go by the way and I coul concentrate on slating them:D

Sorry couldn't resist!! I am sure you have valid reasons for your dislike on the day you were there.

Bistro seems to be one of the less utilized of the upcharge eating venues. Gastrobar appears to be least patronized. Never experienced slow or inattentive service in the Bistro. Nobody has mentioned that it also serves excellent paninis. Get a panini and then order one of their excellent dessert crepes. Is it worth $7. I liked it better when it was $5 butoh yeah it is still worth it. For sure I'll take the bistro over the new Gastrobar as far as cost.

How odd. Were were on the same cruise. We hurried to Bistro on 5 as soon as we boarded. We were seated immediately. The food quality was up to its usual fine standards. It was crowded and service was slow but we didn't care.

We actually had another couple sitting near us who had a decent experience similar to yours. But what happened to us (I will post it again) was quite interesting. We sat down about noon on embarkation day and waited about 10 minutes till anyone even stopped by our table. At that time we ordered some wine which was delivered in a reasonable time and they they took our order (up to this point everything normal). That was the last we got any attention for about an hour (despite us politely making some inquiries of staff) when a waiter finally dropped off our savory crepes. Sometime after 1:30 (this is 1 1/2 hours after we sat), having been unable to get a 2nd glass of wine or any service and waiter stopped by and ask if something was wrong (he noticed that nobody was giving us any service). When we explained that DW got the wrong order, we had waited over an hour to get some more wine, nobody had asked us for our dessert order, etc. he apologized and left. About 15 min later another waiter came over and asked if we wanted to order dessert (it was about 1:45). At that point we figured we might get dessert by dinner time so we just asked for our check. 15 minutes later we still had no check so we got up and walked to the counter and again asked for a check. There was total confusion and somebody noted we had not ordered our dessert (this was nearly 2 hours after we had first sat down).

My patience was running short at this point and I simply demanded our check. They ran off a check which billed us $28 for the $14 lunch (we had a drink package so the wine was free). I immediately noted that they had double billed us and they got another person to fix the bill. The manager then asked why we had not had any dessert and DW and I were ready to scream...but did remain polite..took our fixed check and left.

Later that day I checked our online account and found out that we had been triple billed for our half lunch (we never did get dessert). I called Guest Relations and they said they would "take care of it." Two days later the charge was still on our account so I stopped by Guest Relations to complain and told them the entire sad tale. They fixed our account so we were only double billed! Another visit to Guest Relations got that fixed. Then that night a Maitre'D stopped at our dinner table (in the middle of dinner while we were socializing with our tablemates and started to apologize explaining that they had lots of "issues" on embarkation day. When he realized I did not want to stop my dinner to talk about Bistro on 5 he gave me a business card and asked me to please call him the following day.

The following day I did give the man a call and he properly apologized (but never offered to refund our money for our half/lunch). He later sent a few chocolate covered strawberries to our cabin with a note that if we had any "further problems" to please let him know. Suffice it to say that we never returned to Bistro on 5!

Hank

P.S. To add insult to injury my savory crepes were not up to the quality of the crepes we used to get at Bisto on 5. Not only were they cold, but the crepes were much thicker then normal (more like a pancake).

PPS. Have to say something positive so later on the cruise we had a fantastic dinner at Qsine which has always been one of our favorite venues.